New Conventions ???

Sambuca Sam

I may get shot down for this (and I apologise if these are exist already), but after attending LFCC this year I was thinking about areas which don't seem to be covered.

Whether these would attract if enough interest I'm not sure.

A British TV Show convention.

There have been plenty of shows on British TV over the past 20 years or more where it would be great to meet some of the cast. I was of a big fan of Game On which which used to be on BBC2. To have a picture with Ben Chaplain, Matthew Cottle and Samantha Janus (now Womack) would be awesome, same would go for The Inbetweeners. I'm sure there are plenty of other TV shows people would love to meet the cast.

A Pop Convention.

A convention to meet meet current and former popstars.

I know that my wife would be the first one in the queue to meet anyone from Aha.

Not sure if these would fall under Showmasters remit ?

Anything convention wise would fall under their remit Sam so it's fine to suggest things.  However the key is support, they need to see that there is sufficient interest to justify it.

They did actually do a music one at some point but it wasn't very successful they said so I don't think they would be too interested in doing another of those unless something has changed. 

Sambuca Sam, a-ha are my favourite band. I have seen them in concert and met them lots of times. I am 33 years old. I wish they could appear as guests at Showmasters events too.  I agree that it would be great to have different kinds of conventions.  Are you on Facebook, and would you like me to add you?. If so, could you please send me the link to your page?.  I have lots of photos from when I met a-ha on my page. 

Edited by Beth

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Liam Dolan said:

i wonder if show masters would ever do a Northamptonshire Convention maybe ? 

Collectormania was always in Milton Keynes until this year so they have held many events already almost there (I know that MK is just outside Northamptonshire but only just)

• 3 months later...