A change for next year - VQ tickets

Murph

Can you please make everyone virtual queue from the start. Some guests who weren't on VT were really busy and lots of time lost waiting on them. Also some guests didn't start VT, but then switched to them. This means you potentially miss out getting a VT. The VT system works pretty well and the cost of doing it for everyone is pretty minimal. 

Edited by Queen_Sindel
title amended
  • Like 1

Just now, Murph said:

Can you please make everyone virtual queue from the start. Some guests who weren't on VT were really busy and lots of time lost waiting on them. Also some guests didn't start VT, but then switched to them. This means you potentially miss out getting a VT. The VT system works pretty well and the cost of doing it for everyone is pretty minimal. 

I do actually agree with this. It's better to have them all on it and not need it.

• Like 2

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here - we mean all Guests being on VQs, not all visitors. So Gold would still have priority over general admission people, but all GA people would have to have a VQ for all guests, instead of some Guests starting with open queues and then having to move to VQ later when the lines get too long. That way all GA have the same chance, rather than those who just happen to be around the area when guests are changed to VQ and get early tickets that way. If having an auto with a particular person is important to you, you'd know to go to their auto area first thing to get your VQ.

Edited by The Pink Lady
Queen Sindel beat me to it!
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Murph said:

This is a great idea, I was caught out with 2 guests on Friday that changed to VQ later on and I didn't realise, but I managed to get them on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm not sure I can follow? For regular VQ guests Gold Passes wouldn't need the tickets.

i thought the suggestion above was every1 would need VQ so no confusion..therefore gold pass wouldlose benefit of not needing VQs for non diamond guests... i may have misunderstood above tho lol

ohhhh they mean the actual quest queues allowing VQ holders from start I think.... hmmmm even at expense of diamond pass holders?   how would that work as people pay a fair bit for a diamond pass..apologies again if I am mis understanding

Just now, HeartDT said:

i thought the suggestion above was every1 would need VQ so no confusion..therefore gold pass wouldlose benefit of not needing VQs for non diamond guests... i may have misunderstood above tho lol

See my reply to you above - we mean all GUESTS should be on VQs, not open queues, which some started as. Golds would still have priority over VQ holders.

Just now, HeartDT said:

ohhhh they mean the actual quest queues allowing VQ holders from start I think.... hmmmm even at expense of diamond pass holders?   how would that work as people pay a fair bit for a diamond pass..apologies again if I am mis understanding

Again, Diamonds and Golds always have priority over VQ holders, but no open queues would happen - so for some of the less well known guests where they might previously not have been so popular and therefore started with an open queue, all queues would be subject to VQ rules.

2 minutes ago, The Pink Lady said:

See my reply to you above - we mean all GUESTS should be on VQs, not open queues, which some started as. Golds would still have priority over VQ holders.

ahhhh i understand now.  sorry still recovering from 3 days of  con lol   tired 

Edited by HeartDT

I agree that some of the guests needed to be VQs. Bernard Cribbins is a good example. He was busy all day. I asked for a VQ and was told there wasn't any. I wasn't allowed to join the queue and told to try again in another 30 mins!

I can understand the need for this, but from the other side the mad rush of people at 9am to get VQs was a nightmare. I ended up standing back to the side by a wall as I didn't want to get crushed, if everyone was on a VQ would it be a nightmare like this? Everyone rushing to get a ticket...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lokinestro said:

I can understand the need for this, but from the other side the mad rush of people at 9am to get VQs was a nightmare. I ended up standing back to the side by a wall as I didn't want to get crushed, if everyone was on a VQ would it be a nightmare like this? Everyone rushing to get a ticket...

I have the same concerns. Even the crew members yelling No Running got ignored.

Maybe one could invent an anti-running energy field generator... :D

• Like 2

I agree with this entirely. Both Tricia Helfer today and Dean Cain at Collectormania changed to VQ and while this only cost me half an hour today, it meant I had to hang around for a couple of hours waiting for Dean Cain's autograph in Birmingham. Highly unsatisfactory. Make every guest VQ from the start and open the queues if appropriate. Certainly, I would have expected both Dean Cain and Tricia Helfer to be VQ and the fact that they weren't until later was an error of judgment on someone's part.

4 minutes ago, yellowmarlin said:

I agree with this entirely. Both Tricia Helfer today and Dean Cain at Collectormania changed to VQ and while this only cost me half an hour today, it meant I had to hang around for a couple of hours waiting for Dean Cain's autograph in Birmingham. Highly unsatisfactory. Make every guest VQ from the start and open the queues if appropriate. Certainly, I would have expected both Dean Cain and Tricia Helfer to be VQ and the fact that they weren't until later was an error of judgment on someone's part.

My friend nearly missed out on Dean at collectomania too as we went up and didn't have a vq, as he wasn't there yet we left, went back an hour later and massive queue and vq tickets. Which was quite high, said something to the crew and thankfully they let us queue straight away. 

3 minutes ago, yellowmarlin said:

Tricia was VQ on Friday, went down nice and quick though. I was about 130 and got her autograph about 1130. Benedict Wong wasn't VQ because they where not expecting him and he hardly had a queue

13 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

I have the same concerns. Even the crew members yelling No Running got ignored.

Maybe one could invent an anti-running energy field generator... :D

They have one when they open gates at Wimbledon every morning - it's a few old blokes with a rope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Murph said:

In theory this is a good idea but I am not sure it would be logistically possible.  If every guest had VT then they would need two crew members with them, one assisting behind the desk.  One manning the queue to give out VT's and make sure people are coming up in the right order or in batches.  To be honest I just don't think there is enough crew for this.  You could say, 'well get more crew' but it isn't that simple.  Crew volunteer, they might call in sick at the last minute, or pull out.  Also the more crew you have the more expensive it is, they have to eat and sleep and get a little something back.  An extra crew member for each guest would add up.  

Edited by Starbuck17
  • Like 2

I really liked it that some of the guests had diamond passes without talks. Guaranteed the auto and photo at a small premium. I think more of the guests should have. Then just issue the diamond pass auto and photo as 2 qr codes (tickets) and do away with the tags and prints. And then no queuing issues and no stampede in the morning.

Edited by spengler
  • Like 1

I strongly disagree with the idea that EVERY guest automatically requires a VQ. There'd be even more of a stampede early morning, and it would mean anyone not getting in by 9.30 might as well not bother turning up at all. Not everyone can get there at stupid o'clock as dawn breaks over the horizon. I for one wouldn't attend if this was ever introduced.

Edited by wortsie

39 minutes ago, wortsie said:

I strongly disagree with the idea that EVERY guest automatically requires a VQ. There'd be even more of a stampede early morning, and it would mean anyone not getting in by 9.30 might as well not bother turning up at all. Not everyone can get there at stupid o'clock as dawn breaks over the horizon. I for one wouldn't attend if this was ever introduced.

But the guests we're talking about realistically will always be open queue by mid afternoon. What everyone having a VQ would do is prevent people hanging around for ages unnecessarily.

But FWIW I'm not really sure its necessary for everyone to have one. I think what happens each year is they get caught out with the ones that are of mid popularity - like Tricia Helfer, Dean Cain, Bernard Cribbins and Pilou Asbaek. They're not massive diamond pass style guests but equally are all very popular in their own way and haven't necessarily done a lot of appearances in London. So they should have had VQs from the start. There just needs to be an assessment of "will this guest need VQs?" and if you think the answer is yes err on the side of caution. After all if it turns out not to be necessary you can just go straight to open queue. 

• Like 1