Crew Appreciation Thread

Thanks to all the crew who make this event possible. The Scottish girl in the red shirt looking after Alan's VQ on Friday afternoon was amazing :-) If any other crew impressed you (not that they all don't do a great job) please do not hesitate to mention here :-)

• Like 1

I second this. I mentioned it to her, but thanks very much to Sam, th red shirt with Dean Cain's queue for her help earlier. Had to leave my brother in the queue for a few minutes to nip off, he met Dean before I came back and she slotted me in. Thanks very much!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

the guys this afternoon at photo area A were really good.  handled the steven yuen photo shoot well keeping things going smoothly and quickly.

Also the woman in Area D with quick back to back short shoots she kept things flowing well.... well until Selwyn was late lol

Edited by HeartDT
  • Like 2

Not sure of his name but shout out to the guy in Photo Area F at around 4:45pm on Sat whilst I was waiting for my photoshoot with Pilou. Quite a few of us had near clashes with Mads/Natalie and all the shoots were running a little late. He made sure everyone with a clash got through first which I thought was nice!

Edited by Lokinestro
  • Like 1

Thanks for starting this thread as I've got to give a special mention to Becks and Karim at the information desk.

Yesterday I discovered I had lost my folder full of autographs and photos somewhere in Olympia. I arrived breathless at the info desk to tell them what happened and as soon as I began describing the contents, Karim suddenly said "Yes, I found it!". After having little hope that I'd ever get my folder back, the staff saved my weekend. I immediately passed on my thanks to the nearest "red shirt" as well.

Thanks also to someone special who kept a cool head and suggest I try the info desk ^_^.

• Like 1

Special mention to the guys and girls in photo area D today even at half 3 this afternoon they are jumping and dancing around. If only i had my dancing shoes on i would have shown them whats what. But in general think all staff have done great this weekend.

• Like 2

All the crew I interacted with in any way were awesome, but special shout out to the girl who was running Dean Cain's VQ on Friday, clearly having a nightmare with queue length but fitting people in as and when she could, I commented to her that his VQ had gone up from when I was last there and she sighed "I was hopeful...", he was going a *bit* slow at that point!

Also the guy who was on Photo B Friday afternoon was doing a sterling job being in control of the situations but still keeping it fun - must have been having a nightmare with Pamela's shoot running long and all of us lurking for Dean but didn't let it show.

• Like 1

On Saturday the guy running photo area G for benedict cumberbatchs morning shoot was amazing as was the guy running photo area A during the afternoon, the area was so busy but I felt he handled the crowds and pressure well! Although I didn't get any photos in photo area D I certainly heard the guy calling the various batchs! The staff during Natalie Dormers afternoon shoot were all very friendly and laughing even with all the crowds and chaos, I think the crew put up with a lot and deserve to have their efforts recognised! 

Edited by extremeladders
  • Like 1

The best crew experience for me was Kevin Smith line crew member at front polite, organised and understanding even though he was under pressure in the afternoon the crew everywhere was fantastic would just like to thank you all for a great weekend and will see some of you in Glasgow 

• Like 1

The crew and photographer at Christopher Lloyd's shoot with the Delorean on Saturday morning. Incredibly patient as I calmed my son for the photo.

The crew members organising the queues at Photo B and Photo E yesterday afternoon. Both areas were a little manic, but both handled everything calmly and efficiently.

Crew members at the Phelps Twins and Mark Williams auto area. Helped me and my son out brilliantly.

Every crew member was brilliant this weekend. You have all done an AMAZING job!!!

• Like 3

Shout out to QS on here who though not at the con herself dealt with us all on here and helped as much as she can  and relaying info to the crew on site as best she can  :)

Edited by HeartDT
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Shout out to QS on here who though not at the con herself dealt with us all on here and helped as much as she ca  and relaying into to the crew on site as best she can  :)

Hear hear to that! Thanks for all your incredible patience, QS.

And thanks to all the helpful crew yesterday who just about managed to keep everything under control under very trying circumstances. The numbers of people in the auto areas by the afternoons were unbelievable and queues were merging with those opposite and to either side, so we could have done with a few more assertive bodies to keep a gangway and sort the lines out a bit, but that would only have been possible if there'd been spare crew members, which there can't have been. I've never been to an event anywhere near as large as this before and it was much more organised than I thought would be possible given the numbers. I did everything I intended to do with minimal issues, and had a great time. Thank you. 

• Like 1

As I never (knowingly) met the person responsible for letting the general entry in before GPs on Saturday (who needs to be Chastised :P ), I can honestly say that every crew member I met, without exception, was an absolute delight as usual.  They are, as always, a credit to SM's organization and make things so much easier.  Particular shout-outs go to Phil, who was doing his usual sterling job in the photoshoot area A on both Sat and Sun (I know he's not on here so will thank him separately), the lady manning the GP goody bag pick-up today (Sunday), who cheerfully explained all the nice things I was getting, the equally nice lady on the Info Desk who scanned her guest sheets to tell me which guests were going for £10 today (for voucher purposes), the other photoshoot crew who helped organize the masses into a semblance of order, anyone handling the dreaded clippers for the DPs, the photographers (I love all my photos!), the people handing out VQTs amidst the Saturday scrimmage...

Big thanks to Jason and the PTB, for getting us some excellent guests as always, and some particularly amazing ones this time (a friend of mine commented along the lines of the cancellations alone being a great line-up).  And I finally got to meet Alyson Hannigan!  YAY!

And of course, massive thanks to you Mods (particularly QS), who've been patiently answering our questions and putting up with our gripes and worries non-stop for weeks.  Thanks to you all, this event was, on the whole, a happy and successful one for me.

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 1

People that rarely get a mention are the poor beggars that spend hours at a time shifting bags around a table. Also the "up to the line please; up you go; up to the line please; up you go; up to the line please; up you go" people - they're my favourites. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

People that rarely get a mention are the poor beggars that spend hours at a time shifting bags around a table. Also the "up to the line please; up you go; up to the line please; up you go; up to the line please; up you go" people - they're my favourites. 

ahahaha yeah... its when they say mive forward whem there is no more forward cracks me up.   my husband said yesterday when asked to squash up more.. not without buying him dinner first as already so crammed in. every1 was in stitches lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

ahahaha yeah... its when they say mive forward whem there is no more forward cracks me up.   my husband said yesterday when asked to squash up more.. not without buying him dinner first as already so crammed in. every1 was in stitches lol

I think they must just get so used to saying the same thing a thousand times, they can't help but say it even if it's not needed. They are now all heading off on a week long deprogramming course.

• Like 2

There was a female crew member helping with Pilou Asbaek's Saturday PM shoot. She was on the side you walk to after having your photo taken and had coloured hair. She's helped me at a previous event and I didn't recognise her at first till after I was collecting my photo but we had a quick wave of acknowledgment. Just wanted to say how helpful she was previously and seemed to have a smile on her face the whole time. A credit to showmasters and seemed a genuinely nice person. 

• Like 2

I want to thank the lady that was outside at 10.25ish today for letting me skip the massive queue as my train from luton was cancelled until 10 so had to travel elsewhere to get a train into London so was late and had to get to David Labrava photoshoot before half past when it finished. I'd also like to thank the two ladies doing the photo area D for David shoot for calming me down as I was so out of breath from running, I made the shoot with minutes to spare and poor David had to take his hoodie and that off as he was about to leave. So whoever you are THANK YOU :) 

Edited by Lenasbitch92
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blink83 said:

There was a female crew member helping with Pilou Asbaek's Saturday PM shoot. She was on the side you walk to after having your photo taken and had coloured hair. She's helped me at a previous event and I didn't recognise her at first till after I was collecting my photo but we had a quick wave of acknowledgment. Just wanted to say how helpful she was previously and seemed to have a smile on her face the whole time. A credit to showmasters and seemed a genuinely nice person. 

I was crewing this area too so I know who you are talking about.  I will pass along your comments to her! : ) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starbuck17 said:

I was crewing this area too so I know who you are talking about.  I will pass along your comments to her! : ) 

Please do. To be fair all the crew were great but I felt a bit bad it took me a minute to recognise her from before and obviously couldn't say anything as the shoot was taking place. Appreciated her help at a previous event and as I said genuinely nice person.

• Like 1