Natalie Dormer Diamond Pass

I went to Natalie Dormer's autograph queue at about 5.15 with my Diamond Pass and was told to join the back of the long queue which was just made up of VQ ticket holders. When I bought up the subject of the priority access that should be granted by my pass the crew member told me that Diamond priority does not apply to Natalie.

Is this correct as the FAQ's state that Diamonds get priority queuing or was it an error made by the crew member.

6 minutes ago, Riker said:

So am I right in thinking that if you have a DP can skip the VT queue?

DP get called first. But last year the way it was supposed to work was that when the VT were called you just joined the back of the line with the Diamond Pass. I have no update that it changed this year. I am aware that some Diamond Pass holders ot to skip the queue last year, but that wasn't supposed to happen for the autographs per my list.

Still the answer the OP got was not correct. Natalie Diamond Passes got priority, but in the way I described above.

It is definitely the Diamond for Natalie. I used Diamond Passes for previous events and have situations where I have been placed further up the queue when the queue has gone to VQ. I couldn't see anybody in the queue displaying a DP. I always thought that the DP gave priority in all queue for the guest it related to. If I am mistaken on that front then that is fine. 

I was always lead to believe that gold pass gets you straight to the front of any que, diamond pass gets you in the que at any point but not to the front and then it's VQ tickets. 

This is year seems to of changed and for some guests it really didn't work well. First thing yesterday for some guests only diamond passes were allowed to que up and get there items signed and VQ numbers didn't go up until much later which is in part why Alan Tudyk had only got to VQ tickets 1-50 by 4.30pm yesterday. 

Edited by Martin850
Better explanation

10 minutes ago, Martin850 said:

I was always lead to believe that gold pass gets you straight to the front of any que, diamond pass gets you in the que at any point but not to the front and then it's VQ tickets. 

This is year seems to of changed and for some guests it really didn't work well. To start with yesterday only diamond passes were allowed to get there items signed and VQ numbers didn't go up until much later which is in part why Alan Tudyk had only got to VQ tickets 1-50 by 4.30pm yesterday. 

No... with Diamond guests gold pass holders need VQ tickets for these guests autos.   for non diamond guests then Gold do not need a VQ ticket and can join the back of auto queue anytime.    

for photos :   for diamond guests diamond passes go first then gold then standard batches.  for non diamond guests the  gold get called first then standard batches

Edited by HeartDT

I had a Gold Pass as well and I am fully aware that that it only allows me to join the end of any non Diamond Guest queue without a VQ.  I went back to Natalie's queue on Sunday morning and was told by the crewmember that the Diamond is a priority pass and that if I turned up with a Diamond Pass and there were people in the queue with VQ's he would put me at the front.  As I was talking to him, Natalie Turned up so he just let me go straight in.  My only other Diamond Pass that I needed to use yesterday was for Kevin Smith and I, and other DP holders, were all moved to the front of the queue ahead of the VQ ticket holders by the pit boss operating in that area so it does appear that DP should give you priority access to the queue but not all crew seem to be aware of that

If Natalie just turned up then yes, you would get to go first because then Diamond Passes get to go first. I really can't comment on every Situation because there's so many tiny Details that can make a difference.

With my Response I am operating with the General Explanation I was given.

From seeing other threads on this forum and speaking to other DP holders at the show I think it's safe to say though that there was a lot of conflicting information between different crew members as to how DP's were used with some crew telling people to join the end of queues and others moving DP holders to the front.  You have already said this is being added to a list of points to raise following the show so hopefully there will be better clarification of this for next year. 

I was always under the impression that:

1. Diamond Passes are called first. After that, when the queue quietens down, VQ are called.
  2. Diamond can join the queue at any point, without requiring a VQ, but just join the queue, no jumping up the queue. The whole bonus for diamond is joining the queue whenever you fancy and guaranteeing you get through over the course of the guest's days attending.

That's the way to T&Cs read to me this year anyway.

2 minutes ago, Briscoefilms said:

I was always under the impression that:

1. Diamond Passes are called first. After that, when the queue quietens down, VQ are called.
  2. Diamond can join the queue at any point, without requiring a VQ, but just join the queue, no jumping up the queue. The whole bonus for diamond is joining the queue whenever you fancy and guaranteeing you get through over the course of the guest's days attending.

That's the way to T&Cs read to me this year anyway.

And that is exactly what I have been working with too, according to my rulebook compiled from last year.

I could see a DP being moved to the front on a Sunday towards the end of the show. but otherwise just assumed you would just join your Diamond guests line when you where ready to get your Autograph 

Edited by scifisteve

The wording  for the Diamond Pass states:

1 x Guaranteed in-person autograph with Natalie Dormer.

This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. (This can be collected on Saturday or Sunday) No virtual queue ticket is required; however Diamond Pass Holders will be called by number. Your number can be found on your pass.

I went to her line first thing on Saturday and got my autograph.