"No photos" question

Time constraints. Even photos taken when signing take time.

Sometimes it's also health reasons - flashes going off all day can cause nasty headaches. I know, we could try "no flash photography" for that. Unfortunately that doesn't quite work as too many people "forget" to turn off the flash.

On a related note, since it's been mentioned-- I know that not all guests will have the signs up for all three days, but can we get an idea of which guests have which photo signs up and which guests don't have them at all? I know I like to get a table picture with a guest if I can but if they have any kind of sign up I know not to ask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kara_The_Avenger said:

Hey guys! 

So I was wondering if anyone knows why some guests have "no photos" signs. The "no posed photos" I get, but I don't understand why some don't allow any photos at all.

I went to a guest, who had "no photos" sign once and also they weren't even doing photoshoots either

49 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Today was Saturday. Sold out and generally the most busy day. Things will look very different tomorrow.

Oh I know! But then if I remember rightly last year Saturday sold out and there was a lot less no posed photos. Not that I'm complaining, I got the photos I wanted :)

Emily Kinney & Steven Yuen have "no photos" signs. Mads Mikkelsen, Benedict Wong, Tricia Helfer, Pilou, Finn, Jessica all have "no posed photos" (and all bar Pilou who arrived today had those signs up on Friday which is the quietest day). I would say the majority of the bigger guests had no posed photos signs. I'd be surprised if that changed for tomorrow given they had them up on Friday 

Edited by Persephone1

From what I can tell the general rule is if the guest is on VQ's then they will have a No Posed Photo sign at least, plus a few others scattered around. Basically the busier the guest the less likely you are to be able to take photos at the desk.

36 minutes ago, Milgod said:

Anyone know about Alan Tudyk, Alexis Denisof, Kristian Nairn or the Phelps twins?

Thank you for the help.

All except Kristian were along the back wall, and most of them looked to have the sign up. Obviously I can't look at a photo to check.

I did take a photo with my mobile from the queue in John Cleese's enclosure and was told off by a blueshirt - but I did point out it said no 'posed' photos and when he checked with the assistant I expected the sign to be changed, but no, it came back it was fine to take photos.

Edited by TerraHawk

1 hour ago, Milgod said:

Anyone know about Alan Tudyk, Alexis Denisof, Kristian Nairn or the Phelps twins?

Thank you for the help.

The Phelps Twins are not there tomorrow. Even so, they were no photos, considering how long their queue was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkemp78 said:

I completely understand no posed photos for time constraints. It does frustrate me that for some you can't take a photo from a distance. No photo from 50 feet away is going to be paticually good. It's part of your day, it's nice to get a photo of the general layout. I understand that the guest requests it on occasion, and therefore you have to abide by it. But staff telling people off for taking a quick snap from far away always seems draconian. Like I say, I understand why, but I don't agree with it. 

There are different reasons for it each time but sometimes it's for safety reasons as well.  Although the auto area was laid out better this year, the queues of people waiting for their autos in certain points where the big guests were did get a bit silly at some points and it was really hard to get passed in about 3 area's.  You add in people who want to 'just take a quick photo' and the amount of people there make it just totally jam up.  So they have to stop people to keep the area's as clear as possible and unjammed.  Taking pics from the queue is a different thing though but maybe it's that the guests don't like it as it feels a bit sneaky.  Who knows! :lol:

Yeah some of the security were getting very excitable about people taking photos when they were nowhere near the guest. Today I noticed that unlike other Sunday's where people tend to do selfies more guests had gone no photos at all today! Except for Mark Williams who was doing selfies.

12 hours ago, Baggieboi said:

I understand no posed photos, but always frustrating when you can't get a quick snap of the guest signing your print or item. 

I always thought no posed photos meant you could not have your photo taken with them but I have always been able to take photos of the guest signing my items without any problems.  With Benedict the signs said No Photography which meant you could not take any photos and I did see security telling people who tried to but their cameras/phones down.  I took photos of Thomas Wilson signing 2 of my items.

On 7/29/2017 at 10:48 PM, Dobbin11 said:

Missi Pyle was posing for photos with everyone

Well - not quite everyone, I don't think.

Saturday I briefly saw her wandering around the comic guests/area, assume she was on a break or something. Seemed lovely and friendly, stopped chatted to a couple of people for a second. One lady asked for a picture and Missi grabbed the camera herself, and aimed it in preparation to take a selfie. Just at that moment a crew member from a little distance away screamed out, 'Missi..no..no...no pictures! she can't take pictures!' and started barreling towards Missi & the attendee at really quite some speed; presumably in a desperate attempt to kill the selfie attempt.  
At that point I kinda lost sight of what happened, I was otherwise occupied and looking elsewhere as I was heading downstairs. I kinda had visions of the crew member crashing headlong into the Guest and the attendee & camera and everyone falling over in a big heap - a bit like Tim Curry & co. in Home Alone 2 chasing Macaulay Culkin through the hotel lobby! :) 

• Like 1