Feedback - Saturday problems and other things

20 minutes ago, Shellychellebelle said:

I didn't wait too long to get in as g.a. went straight to collect my diamond pass which took forever. Can't believe they ran out of posters for some guests- surely they know how many diamond passes have been purchased?! 

Once I got my DP I walked straight in, nobody checked that I had an entry ticket and nobody checked my bag.

Saying all that I had a good day!

This happened with someone I know yesterday (they were let in after DP collection with no ticket, no bag search) and I did go and raised the issue with a red shirt and she said she'd pass it onto the office. Although I think it's the venue staff not really doing their job. 

Edited by sammyromie

59 minutes ago, Dreamweaver187 said:

Like i have said

Take away gold pass holders having to get VQ tickets and i dont think 1 person would complain about getting in early or not 

Realistically that's never going to happen. It makes zero economic sense. The guaranteed auto is a huge reason why people buy the diamond passes and to allow gold passes to meet diamond guests without a VQ would devalue every diamond pass. Only way to do this would be to introduce a new sort of super limited VIP pass which gives you access to everyone. Other cons do that. Other cons also charge you over a grand for the privilege...

On a separate note wholeheartedly agree that next year the main stage needs to be nowhere near the photo area. It wasn't last year. They need to go back to that 

14 minutes ago, Ricksta said:

Shelly - do you mean they ran out of the prints that were supposed to come with the DP? If so, I am not surprised because when I collected mine on Friday, along with the mugs etc, they didn't punch the dogtag like they normally do. After walking away with my son, we both noticed this and thought that some people could take the opportunity to collect prints mugs etc more than once.

I was told on Friday that I could collect my print later, so I asked if they have a checklist to see who collected what and they said no, so I'm not surprised some people took advantage of that. 

1 minute ago, sammyromie said:

I was told on Friday that I could collect my print later, so I asked if they have a checklist to see who collected what and they said no, so I'm not surprised some people took advantage of that. 

Hmm, they should have a checklist as far as I know.

I will put that on my list of things to raise with the office too.

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

Nothing was checked off and my pass wasn't punched when I collected my print this afternoon.

Kind of want to punch my pass in the third spot just so it's symmetrical... (I realise that is a *me* problem not an organisational problem!)

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I don't think they do, I collected it when I was leaving and I just showed my pass and no one enquired if I'm stil entitled to it or of I already have one. 

4 hours ago, Dreamweaver187 said:

But its still no difference now if gold get in early we still get low VQ's and still get to join the back of any non diamond guest without needing a VQ.

The problem is we dont get in before general entry (friday we did) and golds entrance is the other side of olympia to where the guests are aq

Plus buying gold is a choice just the same as paying for a diamond pass 

You get what you can afford

The problem right now is people are paying £250 for gold pass and are not getting the extra cost back (please dont say the goodie bag)

compared to general entry or diamond (guaranteed photo/auto) i feel its lacking right now.

Don't they do Haribo anymore at Gold resting room? They were great, could sit there for a while.

I'll probably write a longer post when I'm not so knackered. Had a really great day.

Some of the gripes - diamond pass pick up took ages this morning and that was from early, although i did get my space back in the entry queue.

It really felt like there were just too many people there particularly around the signing area. Really felt unsafe at times. I know it sold out but it felt nowhere near so busy last year. Am wondering if there was too large of a cap on numbers.

Crew were excellent. Some looked absolutely shattered at the end of the day. Well done.

Edited by spengler

One point I'd like to note which I haven't seen raised elsewhere (apologies if it has) refers to getting out of the building. This afternoon myself and the group I was with attempted to exit through 3 sets of doors - at least one set of which appeared to be guarded by at least 2 blue shirt crew members - only to be told we were not allowed to exit the building through these doors, it was 'impossible' for them to let people out that way. It didn't look too impossible, they were clear doors that quite obviously led directly onto the street.

One person (not sure if venue staff or SM) rudely and abruptly told us to leave 'the same da** way you got in!' Well sorry if I don't have a photographic memory walking around 3 floors and several halls for hours that I didn't remember the precise exact route I entered the building!

OK admittedly not a big thing in the grand scheme of things, but I feel this is basic stuff that should be looked at. 

Edited by Mr Brownstone

I had the same with exiting, a door we went out of yesterday was manned by security and not in use. By that point I was exhausted and just wanted to go home, trying to find a way out that was in use was more than my brain could deal with - especially in that rabbit warren of halls that all look the same!

1 minute ago, Mr Brownstone said:

One point I'd like to note which I haven't seen raised elsewhere (apologies if it has) refers to getting out of the building. This afternoon myself and the group I was with attempted to exit through 3 sets of doors - at least one set of which appeared to be guarded by at least 2 blue shirt crew members - only to be told we were not allowed to exit the building through these doors, it was 'impossible' for them to let people out that way. It didn't look too impossible, they were clear doors that quite obviously led directly onto the street.

One person (not sure if venue staff or SM) rudely and abruptly told us to leave 'the same da** way you got in!' Well sorry if I don't have a photographic memory walking around 3 floors and several halls for hours that I didn't remember the precise exact route I entered the building!

OK admittedly not a big thing in the grand scheme of things, but I feel this is basic stuff that should be looked at. 

Ohhh wow.... we also went to an exit door that we were told couldnt use.  the person wasnt rude tho just said to use different exit which we did.   i would have certainly had a few choice words if someone had spoke  to me as you said they spoke to you.  i didnt mind being told I couldnt use the exit and easily.used the next  but that eould have been different if the person hadnt done it in a nice manner.

Unfortunately the decision on which exits can be used is done by the venue. In the past it's been because those doors led to other areas of the venue where different events were taking place. But of course that's not valid this year, and not if it was a street door like it was described in the first post. It might be as easy as these doors being fire doors and the crew being put there to prevent alarms going off constantly.

I'm very sorry for that rude answer you got. If that person was not in a blue shirt they were venue staff. Doesn't give them the right to speak to you that way of course.

31 minutes ago, Persephone1 said:

Realistically that's never going to happen. It makes zero economic sense. The guaranteed auto is a huge reason why people buy the diamond passes and to allow gold passes to meet diamond guests without a VQ would devalue every diamond pass. Only way to do this would be to introduce a new sort of super limited VIP pass which gives you access to everyone. Other cons do that. Other cons also charge you over a grand for the privilege...

On a separate note wholeheartedly agree that next year the main stage needs to be nowhere near the photo area. It wasn't last year. They need to go back to that 

It could work the same as it does now for normal VQ lines with the exception Being Diamonds would still be first in line then golds then VQ's that's pretty much the same way it is now so not sure what economic difference there would be they would still be getting our money 

hmm (super VIP) I likey the sound of that very much .

:thumbup:

damn I just can't stop replying 

10 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Ohhh wow.... we also went to an exit door that we were told couldnt use.  the person wasnt rude tho just said to use different exit which we did.   i would have certainly had a few choice words if someone had spoke  to me as you said they spoke to you.  i didnt mind being told I couldnt use the exit and easily.used the next  but that eould have been different if the person hadnt done it in a nice manner.

That was the gold entrance if I'm not mistaken they were only letting gold pass wearers out that way 

Just now, Dreamweaver187 said:

That was the gold entrance if I'm not mistaken they were only letting gold pass wearers out that way 

we exited the gold pass entrance. which was the aame one we came in as gold pass holders.  not sure which one we tried to exit initially we were so tired and ready to collapse at the hotel lol

4 minutes ago, Dreamweaver187 said:

I went out that way and no one checked if I had a pass or not (around 5:30pm tonight)

2 hours ago, Baggieboi said:

I was personally over the moon with the queing the system for General entry, it wasn't before 9am either it was bang on 9am. 

The disabled people went in a couple of minutes before, but it was bang on 9.

of course the is going To be hussle and bussel trying to get the VQs. People have qued from 4am.. it's a race to get your VQs and it's part and parcel of the enjoyment of the weekend tbf.

obviously I sympathise with people who are not fast on there feet, bring on tomorrow 

I've got a gold pass, but I'm also on crutches. Even with getting in a few minutes earlier there's no way I can get up for the VQ tickets before the rush starts - and that's dangerous for me and scary! I've been jostled about enough just during the normal course of the show without the added stress of trying to avoid the scrum. I'm actually quite concerned about tomorrow now. 

2 minutes ago, Faye77 said:

I've got a gold pass, but I'm also on crutches. Even with getting in a few minutes earlier there's no way I can get up for the VQ tickets before the rush starts - and that's dangerous for me and scary! I've been jostled about enough just during the normal course of the show without the added stress of trying to avoid the scrum. I'm actually quite concerned about tomorrow now. 

Faye, who are you looking to get vq for tomorrow?

I am heading in later tomorrow as have all autos I want and my first shoot isnt until 12 noon (ish)... well I do want Keven Smiths auto but despite having a low Vq ticket today and going back to his queje many times and one time standing from 2.45 until 3.40 and he hadn't arrived in thag time when he was meant to be back at 3.15 I have gave up trying lol   if it happens tomorrow it happens but I want  shorter more chilled out day tomorrow lol

16 minutes ago, Faye77 said:

Go to the extrahelp table in the normal queueing area please. They will be able to help you stay safe. If the crew at the entrance should question you going in because of the Gold Pass please tell them you need to go to the Extra Help Desk.

16 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

I never received the Terrence Stamp poster. When I collected my diamond pass at 2pm on Friday there were none.

Left my email address but never received an email to say there were more available.

They would not e-mail you during the show, sorry for that misunderstanding.

My experience of today was that all crew I encountered were very helpful and patient, particularly the really nice man who took me to where I could collect my gold pass goodie bag (would never have found it on my own). Some very rude fans though. Lots of pushing and shoving, particularly when collecting VQ's. One guy nearly snatched a VQ I'd been handed out of my hand! Really felt for all the small children at the show. 

4 hours ago, LSM said:

The main problem I found today was a severe lack of organisation around the photoshoot areas. Having A, B, C so close together was an absolute nightmare and way too cramped. It felt like a health and safety complaint waiting to happen. 

Very much a lack of communication and just masses of fans moving nowhere. It's been a few years since SM were this messy around the photoshoot area.

I found this. I had a few photo sessions in this area all following each other and you just couldn't move between the areas. It was quite chaotic.