Jump to content
Iloveyouiknow

Feedback - Saturday problems and other things

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

General entry let in before gold had even entered.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Beaker    91

GA started being let in at 8:55am.

The ensuing mass running through the halls was borderline dangerous. Some really aggressive behaviour getting VQ tickets - I hope no-one got hurt. Crew are doing a sterling job in the queue management!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pinkxxl    34

Lots of golds and diamonds complaining on twitter today and didnt see any yesterday. What went wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zabonam    3

Stuck in the GA queue now. Left early and train at Earl's Court was slow or delayed. Now might miss photoshoot as stuck outside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartDT    148
Posted (edited)

yup it was poor.. GA in at same time which was early for them.. glad I got a lot of my autos yesterday as mayhem trying to get VQs got a VQ for Kevin Smith which was shy of 100 but given we were almost from of gold queue and in pretty much first poor as GA were already there and grabbed low VQs... not cool.  we pay for this benefit.... and agree it was dangerous.  i dont see how difficult it is to start lettinf each queuw in at the correct times.

Edited by HeartDT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
andyfilm_1    291

I'm sorry to hear about the GP people losing out, especially paying all that money!

I am, however, loving the space! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No other complaints so far photo shoots have been handled smoothly and efficiently

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Queen_Sindel    3,324

I have raised this and asked for a statement.

But this is again something that is better raised at the show than on here. If you can spare a minute and go to the Organisers Booth that would help insanely. There is not much they can do about people acting like animals, but they can find someone of venue staff and talk to them.

Please remember everyone, I am not at the show. I am a couple of 100 miles away at home. I can't directly walk up to someone and poke them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diveteam    7

This was an absolute joke, over the last few weeks on this forum people have said there would not be another incident like last year, we had assurances from Showmasters but still it keeps happening. Despite being about five rows back in the gold queue having arrived just after 8.am and walking briskly to the signing area when the doors were opened all my major VQ's were in the high 100's or 200's because GA got there before me. I have been buying gold passes every year since 2006 and every year the benefits diminished but costs go up.

What about next year rather than promising to allow gold's to get in five minutes earlier, we get in 15 minutes earlier to allow us to get VQ's before GA (by saying 15 minutes we would probably only get in five minutes earlier in reality).

Yesterday entry was perfect, just today was a joke!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not just go back to golds not needing VQ tickets for any guests then peace will be restored 

I wouldnt care what time General entry was let in then, And im guessing 99% of gold pass Customer's wouldnt care either 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lesleynile    195
7 minutes ago, Dreamweaver187 said:

Why not just go back to golds not needing VQ tickets for any guests then peace will be restored 

I wouldnt care what time General entry was let in then, And im guessing 99% of gold pass Customer's wouldnt care either 

 

But then ga would never get a chance and that isn't fair. Other than diamonds it should a free for all, if you get a vq then you get one. Some people can't afford gold tickets so that isn't fair at all. Saying that they should get in earlier like it says. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lesleynile said:

But then ga would never get a chance and that isn't fair. Other than diamonds it should a free for all, if you get a vq then you get one. Some people can't afford gold tickets so that isn't fair at all. Saying that they should get in earlier like it says. 

But its still no difference now if gold get in early we still get low VQ's and still get to join the back of any non diamond guest without needing a VQ.

The problem is we dont get in before general entry (friday we did) and golds entrance is the other side of olympia to where the guests are aq

 

Plus buying gold is a choice just the same as paying for a diamond pass 

You get what you can afford

The problem right now is people are paying £250 for gold pass and are not getting the extra cost back (please dont say the goodie bag)

 compared to general entry or diamond (guaranteed photo/auto) i feel its lacking right now.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lesleynile    195
21 minutes ago, Dreamweaver187 said:

But its still no difference now if gold get in early we still get low VQ's and still get to join the back of any non diamond guest without needing a VQ.

The problem is we dont get in before general entry (friday we did) and golds entrance is the other side of olympia to where the guests are aq

 

Plus buying gold is a choice just the same as paying for a diamond pass 

You get what you can afford

The problem right now is people are paying £250 for gold pass and are not getting the extra cost back (please dont say the goodie bag)

 compared to general entry or diamond (guaranteed photo/auto) i feel its lacking right now.

 

Ive said that, they need to get in early like stated but if golds didnt need a vq then part way through the day they could decide oooh lets get an auto from ???? and if 100 people did the same over 15 minutes then ga wouldnt get a look in. At least making gold have vq they have to decide and actually make the effort to get in early and get vq's!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicAvatar    341

Yes - I was livid when I walked into the hall and there were the general entry folks swarming up the main stairs, just like last year!  Thanks to that my VQTs for Conleth Hill and Terence Stamp were in the high 100s.  Fortunately Conleth was a fast signer.  Unfortunately Terence wasn't.  I couldn't afford DPs for everyone - I'd already bought more than I should have for Ron, Doug, Natalie and Alyson, and used some of the cancellation money for the first two on other things hoping that my GP would take care of the rest. 

 

Didn't report the issue at the event because unless that DeLorean on site is fully functional and can take us back in time to try again ;) , there's not much that can be done about it on the day.  Besides, all my spare time was taken up queuing for my DPs, photos or autos.  Ah, well - maybe next year. *sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lesleynile said:

Ive said that, they need to get in early like stated but if golds didnt need a vq then part way through the day they could decide oooh lets get an auto from ???? and if 100 people did the same over 15 minutes then ga wouldnt get a look in. At least making gold have vq they have to decide and actually make the effort to get in early and get 

But that happens now with a gold pass (excluding diamond guests) i can walk upto any que and join it without a VQ ticket 

Are you saying golds should have to get VQ's for all guests now ??

What value for money that would be £250 quid for a 5 min head start 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
john.bttf    298
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, lesleynile said:

Ive said that, they need to get in early like stated but if golds didnt need a vq then part way through the day they could decide oooh lets get an auto from ???? and if 100 people did the same over 15 minutes then ga wouldnt get a look in. At least making gold have vq they have to decide and actually make the effort to get in early and get vq's!

 

I think you will not have the same speech if you spend 250£ for a goldpass, and see GA enter before you and take low VQ ticket first.

take a goldpass is a choice to have  the benefit to enter earlier and Before the GA.

it's quite simple to apply the rules / promises from showmaster : "goldpass enter first and before GA (5min)"

NOT at the same time !

 

Goldpass cost a lot of money

Edited by john.bttf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LSM    435

The main problem I found today was a severe lack of organisation around the photoshoot areas. Having A, B, C so close together was an absolute nightmare and way too cramped. It felt like a health and safety complaint waiting to happen. 

Very much a lack of communication and just masses of fans moving nowhere. It's been a few years since SM were this messy around the photoshoot area.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartDT    148
1 minute ago, LSM said:

The main problem I found today was a severe lack of organisation around the photoshoot areas. Having A, B, C so close together was an absolute nightmare and way too cramped. It felt like a health and safety complaint waiting to happen. 

Very much a lack of communication and just masses of fans moving nowhere. It's been a few years since SM were this messy around the photoshoot area.

what I found was with diamond guests all diamonds were being called forward at one time.... i thought they were called in groups of 20 or even up to 1-50 then 50-100 and so on..... 1 diamond shoot i went to did do this but why no consistency between shoot areas/ guests type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Persephone1    30

For gold passes to get access to all guests incl diamond without a VQ realistically they'd have to double the price of it. But yes you should get the benefits you've paid for. Early entry is a simple thing to get right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Queen_Sindel    3,324
37 minutes ago, CosmicAvatar said:

Yes - I was livid when I walked into the hall and there were the general entry folks swarming up the main stairs, just like last year!  Thanks to that my VQTs for Conleth Hill and Terence Stamp were in the high 100s.  Fortunately Conleth was a fast signer.  Unfortunately Terence wasn't.  I couldn't afford DPs for everyone - I'd already bought more than I should have for Ron, Doug, Natalie and Alyson, and used some of the cancellation money for the first two on other things hoping that my GP would take care of the rest. 

 

Didn't report the issue at the event because unless that DeLorean on site is fully functional and can take us back in time to try again ;) , there's not much that can be done about it on the day.  Besides, all my spare time was taken up queuing for my DPs, photos or autos.  Ah, well - maybe next year. *sigh*

But still first hand explanation of what happened are kind of helpful to ensure it does not happen again. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

But still first hand explanation of what happened are kind of helpful to ensure it does not happen again. ;)

Your so funny some times QS :angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lokinestro    174

Photo area C was the worst in my opinion. They didn't call people up in batches for the photo for Finn or Mads. Literally just DP clumped together (didn't call out in waves) and then everyone else.

Was a bit chaotic but got there in the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Queen_Sindel    3,324
7 minutes ago, Dreamweaver187 said:

Your so funny some times QS :angel:

I'm glad you think thst cause right now I feel more desperate. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lesleynile    195
33 minutes ago, john.bttf said:

I think you will not have the same speech if you spend 250£ for a goldpass, and see GA enter before you and take low VQ ticket first.

take a goldpass is a choice to have  the benefit to enter earlier and Before the GA.

it's quite simple to apply the rules / promises from showmaster : "goldpass enter first and before GA (5min)"

NOT at the same time !

 

Goldpass cost a lot of money

I've said twice now they should enter early. Don't gold pass people get to enter any queue that's not diamond without a vq and the only vqs they have to get are diamond. So yes I think they should enter early and if the only vqs they have to get are diamond, as long as they get in early and before ga then yes it's worth 225. I don't think they should get to go to any queue without a vq as the cost would rise significantly. The only way Sm can get guests such as Alyson or Bennedict is buy a diamond pass so yes all should get a vq cos those guests wouldn't be there otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×