Feedback - Saturday problems and other things

4 minutes ago, Chanbec said:

I was towards the end of the gold pass queue and was in the venue at 8:56.  On entering all I could see was a massive scrum of GA people heading up to the guests to get VQs.  I couldn't get anywhere near it.

So the issue was not gold pass being let in late but General admission being let in early.

I would like to say that Friday worked perfectly - gold pass were let in at 8:55, had the VQs I wanted in hand by 9:01 and vacated the area as soon as the GA was let in.

It would be easily solved by letting gold passes in 10 or 15 minutes beforehand as it takes nearly all the 5 minutes for us to get up to the VQ area.

I would echo others in saying that today looked really unsafe with some of the behaviour I saw going on.

I would also say that the main stage area and photo areas near it (ABCD) was very badly organised - no where near enough staff and I suffered a panic attack after getting caught in a mob of people.  Maybe forcing people to exit on one side of the stage only would help?  And completely separating the Main Stage queuing area from the photo areas?

yes you are right not that we werent in at the correct time but that GA was letcin early.

1 minute ago, Vegasdanny said:

Which is why it's now absolutely pointless buying a gold pass. I've bought one the last 3 years and this year it's been a complete joke. The whole point of the Gold pass was that we didn't have to queue at silly o clock in the morning in order to get to meet our chosen guests. We could join any queue and that was because we paid approx FIVE TIMES the cost of a standard weekend pass. Now with the diamond guest system I HAVE to get a VQ ticket anyway - which renders the Gold pass useless. I feel I've flushed £250 down the toilet. 

I'm sorry you feel that way. But it's been announced from the start this year that the Gold Pass does not apply to Diamond Guests. A lot of people still use it to get the magnitude of other guests still attending. It's been stated at least once a week that the Diamond Pass guests are matter of "either they are coming as Diamond Pass or they can't be signed up at all."

1 minute ago, Dreamweaver187 said:

Like i have said

Take away gold pass holders having to get VQ tickets and i dont think 1 person would complain about getting in early or not 

Two words: I wish. :lol: It's been that way ever since the Gold Pass was introduced.

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, I am aware of the different entrance. But I am not aware how exactly the set up there is - position of back checks etc.

the bag check was literally just as you entered the main door of the gold entrance side into the forst foyer section i think it would be described as.

Just now, HeartDT said:

the bag check was literally just as you entered the main door of the gold entrance side into the forst foyer section i think it would be described as.

Thank you. That gives me a general idea.

And you are sure you don't want to be crew? ;)

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

Two words: I wish. :lol: It's been that way ever since the Gold Pass was introduced.

i think VQs for just diamond guests is reasonable for a gold pass providing the entry times are adheared to for both gold and GA :)

• Like 2

I'd even suggest gold passes getting a couple of 'lottery' VQ tickets that we could use to join any diamond guest queue - like the £10 auto tickets but only good enough to join a queue for a diamond pass guest.  That might be a happy medium, but it would be another 'thing' for volunteers to try to remember!

• Like 1

Dont get me wrong im ok with having to get VQ's for diamond guests ( if its someone i really want to meet id just get the DP to guarantee) 

But it seems that organising gold pass holders to be let in early as stated  on the website is an impossibly.

It has its been the same mess the past 3 years and every year we are told sorry it wont happen again and we have learned from the mistakes this year 

(Ok im done with this year back to lurking on here till next year) 

Edited by Dreamweaver187

11 minutes ago, Chanbec said:

I'd even suggest gold passes getting a couple of 'lottery' VQ tickets that we could use to join any diamond guest queue - like the £10 auto tickets but only good enough to join a queue for a diamond pass guest.  That might be a happy medium, but it would be another 'thing' for volunteers to try to remember!

Hmmm... I do like that idea personally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

make it so   ;)

I can't make that decision, but I will absolutely bring that idea up. It does seem like a good compromise to me.

Just now, Clyde said:

Or let people book autographs Friday and Saturday and vq only Sunday then spreading the visitors evenly over the weekend 

That won't happen. Prebooking of autographs has been tried and it did not work out.

27 minutes ago, Vegasdanny said:

Which is why it's now absolutely pointless buying a gold pass. I've bought one the last 3 years and this year it's been a complete joke. The whole point of the Gold pass was that we didn't have to queue at silly o clock in the morning in order to get to meet our chosen guests. We could join any queue and that was because we paid approx FIVE TIMES the cost of a standard weekend pass. Now with the diamond guest system I HAVE to get a VQ ticket anyway - which renders the Gold pass useless. I feel I've flushed £250 down the toilet. 

Doesn't the gold pass mean you can join any queue without a virtual ticket 

4 minutes ago, MrT said:

Doesn't the gold pass mean you can join any queue without a virtual ticket 

For diamond guests gold still need VQ for autos...only for dismond guests tho.

Edited by HeartDT

Quick question I have read the guide but still unsure of plan of action tomorrow morning. We have gold passes and all our guests we have diamonds, do we queue at gold enterance and then once in get our diamond passes or do we do it another way? 

I didn't wait too long to get in as g.a. went straight to collect my diamond pass which took forever. Can't believe they ran out of posters for some guests- surely they know how many diamond passes have been purchased?! 

Once I got my DP I walked straight in, nobody checked that I had an entry ticket and nobody checked my bag.

Saying all that I had a good day!

43 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, I am aware of the different entrance. But I am not aware how exactly the set up there is - position of back checks etc.

Surely it would be easier if golds just came in the same entrance, went through the same bag checks and had the first isle in the holding pen reserved for them. Then Isle 1 would have to be cleared before isle 2 with the rest of us commoners could go in.

2 minutes ago, TerraHawk said:

Surely it would be easier if golds just came in the same entrance, went through the same bag checks and had the first isle in the holding pen reserved for them. Then Isle 1 would have to be cleared before isle 2 with the rest of us commoners could go in.

Now that would make far to much sense :angel:

Ok now im really done till next year 

Shelly - do you mean they ran out of the prints that were supposed to come with the DP? If so, I am not surprised because when I collected mine on Friday, along with the mugs etc, they didn't punch the dogtag like they normally do. After walking away with my son, we both noticed this and thought that some people could take the opportunity to collect prints mugs etc more than once.

My only complaint is how tightly packed the area around Photo A, B, C and D is. However, I want to praise the crew who have done a sterling job today. Especially the photographer and crew on the Delorian Shoot with Christopher Lloyd, who patiently waited for me to calm my autistic son down enough so we could capture the photo. I didn't even mention he was autistic, but they recognised there was an issue and gave me the chance to calm him and I am grateful for that. Also, to the crew members organising the queues on Photo B and Photo E, they were brilliant, smiling and calm with everyone. 

5 minutes ago, TerraHawk said:

I think the current set up still goes back to the event where that entrance was closer to the main signing area.

I agree with your idea, but there may be issues preventing that. Could be as simple as someone simply jumping the barrier. Nothing any sensible person would do. But since I've been to Disney Paris during some countries' school holidays and have actually seen that happen there I am not counting anything "impossible" anymore. :lol:

I put it on my list of things to be brought up after the show.

• Like 1