Big Bang Prop Set

21 minutes ago, Iloveyouiknow said:

same disappointed with the hyped BBT shoot the guys on the delorean we're fantastic though 

Very happy with them also - gutted I missed out last time on the lloyd / delorean.

All booked up for Will Wheaton tomorrow on BBT couch so fingers crossed the camera makes it look better. 

Just now, whitewillow said:

I did the photo shoot and it turned out quite well. In the photo it looks like you are really inside the room.

thats great, but I wasnt going to risk it as me and my husband had both planned getting photo together as soon as it was announced so wasnt risking £20 on chance it was going to turn out ok.

I don't watch the show so I have no idea what it is meant to look like but I paid for my older sister, niece (17), nephew (9) and 2 of their young friends to be a part of the photo and they absolutely loved it, they had to pose 5 different ways and loved messing around trying to find the best poses

The set was pretty bad with not much effort put into it, looks like just a normal living room and nothing like the Big Bang set. Not even the same sofa! Can see why they didn't put a photo up of it before hand now as I would have never bought a Wil Weston ticket.

7 minutes ago, Marty Mcfly said:

The set was pretty bad with not much effort put into it, looks like just a normal living room and nothing like the Big Bang set. Not even the same sofa! Can see why they didn't put a photo up of it before hand now as I would have never bought a Wil Weston ticket.

You mean Wil Wheaton. On the 7th of July on announcement they put up a photo of the actual set and it is very similar with a lot of identical props been used. When I look at the photo of myself with Wil Wheaton and compare it to the actual set I would say they have done a good job.  On the pictures they have a whiteboard with scientific formulas and I don't think most people have anything similar in their living room. 

I agree that in person the set itself was a bit underwhelming. I even thought it looked pretty inaccurate, the only indications of what it was meant to be being the takeaway cartons and comic books and flags scattered around. 

But the photo itself is angled in a way that really brings the set together and made it look like the actual TBBT living room. I showed my mother my photo without telling her what it was and she immediately knew it was TBBT just by looking at it. For £10 it was a bit of a risk, but I feel it was a gamble well taken since the picture looked like the real thing in the end!

• Like 1

I was pleased with my picture, even though in the flesh the set didn't look like much. I got home and compared it to photos of the actual living room set and I think it was mostly a pretty good match.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ianb said:

You mean Wil Wheaton. On the 7th of July on announcement they put up a photo of the actual set and it is very similar with a lot of identical props been used. When I look at the photo of myself with Wil Wheaton and compare it to the actual set I would say they have done a good job.  On the pictures they have a whiteboard with scientific formulas and I don't think most people have anything similar in their living room. 

Yes sorry I meant Wheaton! Autocorrect.

At the end of the day everyone has their own opinions. I've been to see the show filmed at WB studios and believe me that set is nothing like this one. If people are happy with their photos then that's all that matters.

Although I don't think just adding a whiteboard to the set makes it screen accurate!

I would have thought that as it was a set of a lived in flat that the producers would add pieces and change things around as you would expect in a real property.  Last year at Destination Star Trek I spoke to Wil Wheaton and showed him my 1975 Mego Enterprise flight deck and I told him that I got the idea from watching the episode where Penny bought Sheldon and Leonard the mint in box transporter unit.  A month or so later the same flight deck was featured in the show.  In was not in the previous episode or the one after but it still appeared.  I would have thought that if you looked at a picture of the first episode and the last episode that it would not be identical. If you want the set to be identical to the flat in the show then which episode would that be. Things change over time and any decent tv show would take that into consideration. For example on the actual set there is a sword hanging on the wall and the sword was bought at the comic book store in the episode where Wil invited Sheldon and Leonard to the party at his house.  On my picture with Wil there is a Scottish flag on the coffee table which relates to Sheldon and Amy doing Fun with Flags.  Does anyone else own a Scottish flag?

Edited by ianb