Pamela Anderson

31 minutes ago, skyhawker said:

Today (Sunday) I attended the photo shoot for Pamela Anderson but I was very unhappy with the resulting photo.

For some reason the photo appears very washed out/over bright, all the colours are several shades higher than they should be.

I noticed that this happened not only on my phot with pam but many others that I saw at the time of the photoshoot session with her.

I did noticed that the photographer was using a rather bright flash that was mounted around the end of his camera like a big polo, I think it's a good guess that this flash was too bright for the proximity of the people in shot.

It's noticeable that I even have red eye in the photo due to the brightness.

All of my other photoshoots with other guests today were fine today as always.

Obviously it's too late for me and anyone else who had this problem to get another photo taken so what else can you do about this please?

I hope that any others who have had this poor result will mention it here.

Here is a scan of the photo in question

IMG_20170730_0004.jpg

Maybe it's just me but after hearing all the negative comments over the photo shoots I was expecting it to be a lot worse than this. Apart from the red eyes I don't think it looks too bad.

On a plus side I got her autograph on the Saturday and found her to be very pleasant. Yes she was late appearing but I had come to a standstill with my VQs for the other guests so enjoyed the excitement of waiting with everyone else to get a glimpse of her arriving.

It appears that some photos are less worse than others (having had first hand experience of seeing those taken immediately before and after mine)- mine looks very light and unnatural. The most bizarre thing of all though is that Pamela looked far better in the flesh than she does in my photo as a result of the flash. I also look far worse in the photo than normal ( which, unlike Pamela, is fair to middling on a good day :-) ).  When I raised it at the time I was told at the shoot that the lighting was the guest's choice but I wasn't told I could ask for a refund.

1 hour ago, skyhawker said:

Today (Sunday) I attended the photo shoot for Pamela Anderson but I was very unhappy with the resulting photo.

IMG_20170730_0004.jpg

To be honest, I can't see why you are 'very unhappy' with that.

Yes it's a little bit brighter than usual, but other than that there's nothing really wrong with it in my opinion. I was expecting a lot worse...

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

Maybe it's just me but after hearing all the negative comments over the photo shoots I was expecting it to be a lot worse than this. Apart from the red eyes I don't think it looks too bad.

Yeah, mine from Friday looks way worse. I do look 20 years younger though.

9 hours ago, Hayden Is My Hero said:

Wish we could be given free digital copies for Pamela's photos as they're gonna need some colour/filter editing. A little disappointed if honest. :(

you know what, i agree with this, they are well below an acceptable quality, my Friday one is poor and thats all because of the flash/lens used, (sunday ever so slughtly better)

most of us will want the JPEG now even on a poor pic to try our best to salvage it and we will pay a fiver for the pleasure. and some ppl who somehowe got refunds can still get the JPEG, £40 saved for them.

so frustrating, i found Pamela to be lovely in person at her signing table, in the shoot and in her talk. its a shame we all got sub par quality pics to tarnish a lovely meet with a lovely woman.

• Like 2

I've been repeating here that if you desire a refund you need to ask at the venue. I have also tried to ask someone to come on and comment on the refund situation. That is really the maximum I can do. The fact is that this setting was done at a guest's request.

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I've been repeating here that if you desire a refund you need to ask at the venue. I have also tried to ask someone to come on and comment on the refund situation. That is really the maximum I can do. The fact is that this setting was done at a guest's request.

showmasters were involved in the german event i assume, as its been mentioned on here, the few ive seen from that event seem better than LFCC ones, id be interested to know what the difference was,

personally, i had no time to queue at the sales desk, friday i had a train to cardiff at 3.30 and pretty much left after the Pamela shoot and today i spent almost the entire day in guest queues and alot of that trying to get david bradley. right up until 6pm

the thought of trying for a refund and claiming the JPEG later never occurred to me until tonight, unlucky for me lol, im honest, i wouldnt have done that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tompain100 said:

Yes it's a little bit brighter than usual, but other than that there's nothing really wrong with it in my opinion. I was expecting a lot worse...

I think her photos look  good.. that's a good photo. Pamela was lovely leave her alone 

Edited by Baggieboi
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, tompain100 said:

That pic, although not quite up to regular SM standards, looks fine. It is the Friday ones that were way, way below what everyone expects.

7 hours ago, timelord81r said:

showmasters were involved in the german event i assume, as its been mentioned on here, the few ive seen from that event seem better than LFCC ones, id be interested to know what the difference was,

Drop the Office a line and ask them to Forward your question to Giles. He's the only one who can answer that.

My personal best guess is that the "natural" light in the other venue did work better with the light set up that had to be done.

Could the digital downloads made available in RAW format? Or do the JPEGs have the exif data embedded, allowing for  a greater degree of image manipulation.

Just thought about being able to do some white balance corrections and tonal highlight manipulation. Lightroom is fantastic for that and has a free trial version. 

• Like 1

I had this issue after my photo on Friday it was horrid and bright white , washed out.

I know Giles and had a conversation with him (he does other events non showmasters near to me) over the issue and a word with Pamela's agent in the booth who came over after hearing the discussion.

I was told it was the light Pamela requested to avoid showing off the wrinkles under her eyes !

That is as true as ever and I was staggered with the comment to say the least.

Unacceptable at £45 a pop and I got a refund end of story ...... not showmasters fault if Pamela requests it but what if your wedding pictures were handed to you like this would you pay for them ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bingo Boy said:

I had this issue after my photo on Friday it was horrid and bright white , washed out.

I know Giles and had a conversation with him (he does other events non showmasters near to me) over the issue and a word with Pamela's agent in the booth who came over after hearing the discussion.

I was told it was the light Pamela requested to avoid showing off the wrinkles under her eyes !

That is as true as ever and I was staggered with the comment to say the least.

Unacceptable at £45 a pop and I got a refund end of story ...... not showmasters fault if Pamela requests it but what if your wedding pictures were handed to you like this would you pay for them ?

Seeing a friend of mine is just arranging her wedding in fall... she does have two practice shoots with the photographer scheduled. One Dress, one Location. Issue avoided, ;)

Sorry, I know I don't help. But that comparison was too good to miss. :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, timelord81r said:

and some ppl who somehowe got refunds can still get the JPEG, £40 saved for them.

I could be completely wrong but if you get a refund on a photo or have to have another taken in the shoot they then aren't actually available as a download timelord.  You have to surrender the photo so I imagine they remove the rejects - otherwise people would try and mess them up a little to have another and get the first one as the jpeg for only £5.

2 minutes ago, pinkxxl said:

I'm curious did she come back out after her talk Sunday? We was waiting forever for her auto but end up leaving as it was too much for the kids

I managed to get her autograph at about 4.20pm on Sunday

15 hours ago, skyhawker said:

For some reason the photo appears very washed out/over bright, all the colours are several shades higher than they should be.

I noticed that this happened not only on my phot with pam but many others that I saw at the time of the photoshoot session with her.

I did noticed that the photographer was using a rather bright flash that was mounted around the end of his camera like a big polo, I think it's a good guess that this flash was too bright for the proximity of the people in shot.

It's noticeable that I even have red eye in the photo due to the brightness.

All of my other photoshoots with other guests today were fine today as always.

Obviously it's too late for me and anyone else who had this problem to get another photo taken so what else can you do about this please?

I hope that any others who have had this poor result will mention it here.

IMG_20170730_0004.jpg

I don't know what your complaining about you both look amazing! 

over exposing a photo helps to hide blemishes/wrinkles etc, if showmasters already knew about the situation they really should of briefed staffers so that they would of known how to reply and what action to take

19 minutes ago, charlesberg said:

I don't know what your complaining about you both look amazing! 

over exposing a photo helps to hide blemishes/wrinkles etc, if showmasters already knew about the situation they really should of briefed staffers so that they would of known how to reply and what action to take

I'm not really sure what you mean by "what Action to take". Crew told attendees that the lights were at Pamela's request. Do you think it would really have gone over well if they had been telling attendees this was to hide wrinkles? ;) I can't imagine Pam or her Manager being too amused about that.

3 hours ago, Iceman71 said:

I managed to get her autograph at about 4.20pm on Sunday

we waited till 4.15 lol. Which by then she was over an hour and 15 mins late for the session. Crew member we spoke too said she had probably gone home lol. Oh well lesson learnt is she was the diva of the day lol

got Pam's autograph on Friday with no issues at all, she signed the front cover of Playboy and personalised that too, she seemed a little flustered (generally speaking, not by me specifically) but was very pleasant (she's probably the first person I have seen be papped on the way into a con and walking to her photoshoot)

I had the photoshoot booked for Friday and was aware of the issues with the flash, my main concern being I wear glasses and how that would look... the first pic had glare on my lenses so I went through again, the second photo was better, if not perfect. she was lovely both times though, really was. didn't have a "no touching" rule or anything like that and said hello and thanks for coming, if 15 year old me would have been told then that her boob would one day touch my arm I would not have believed you... :lol:

one thing I would say, the flash, it really didn't do her any favours, she is still a really good looking woman and while I understand everyone had their own vanity issues or hang ups, whatever, that white light kinda made her look a little poorly!

Anywho, I was really pleased to meet her and probably would do again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishTully said:

I know this might not be consolation, but if anyone is unhappy with their pic I will happily edit no probs. I'm a Photography& Graphics student @ Uni. Would love to help out a fellow con-goer if I can :) 

Awesome, might take you up on that ;)

19 hours ago, tompain100 said:

I am unhappy because this photo is not to the high standard that the showmasters photoshoots normally are.

I don't use this forum on a regular basis so I had no idea that this "super bright flash" was mentioned anywhere before the event.

If you compare my Pamela Anderson photo to any of my other showmasters photoshoots it's quite clear what I mean,

I give an example below of the normal quality of a photo taken at a showmasters event

I think that the least Showmasters should do is give everyone the digital copy for free to allow us to improve the pic ourselves

IMG_20170730_0004.jpg

IMG_20170730_0001.jpg

Edited by skyhawker
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stassy said:

Awesome, might take you up on that ;)

Absolutely no problem at all. I have Adobe Lightroom  + Adobe Photoshop + Affinity  so can definitely make nice amendments :) I edit mine all the time even if they come out good.  ;) 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CatfishTully said:

Absolutely no problem at all. I have Adobe Lightroom  + Adobe Photoshop + Affinity  so can definitely make nice amendments :) I edit mine all the time even if they come out good.  ;) 

Great, mine need some serious editing (me, the guests were great) your skills will be tested to the limit!