Fatman on Batman Announcement!

I've just been told that I get the pleasure of doing another announcement!

As Kevin Smith did already announce on his Facebook we now have the Fatman on Batman Podcast confirmed for Sunday. :) So Kevin's scheduled talk then is now officially this Podcast.

For more Information check Kevin's last "Live" on Facebook. My linking is crap today, if you're fan you know where to go. ;)

• Like 2

I kinda thought this was gonna happen from the outset. With Marc now being moved from the 'Comics' guest to 'Film & TV' guest, will you be selling autographs or photo ops? I'm not sure how that works with usual comics guests.

Photo Ops for Marc would probably be a no, too late for that. But have a look at the schedule at the Sales Table. If anything gets added it would be noted there.

But he will be in the normal media guests signing area where you can buy an autograph. Or two. Or three. Don't know how many items you have. ;)

• Like 1

A

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Photo Ops for Marc would probably be a no, too late for that. But have a look at the schedule at the Sales Table. If anything gets added it would be noted there.

But he will be in the normal media guests signing area where you can buy an autograph. Or two. Or three. Don't know how many items you have. ;)

Awesome, I have his 'Genius' graphic novel that I'd like to get signed.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was originally announced as a free event (I may be wrong), haven't got the funds to get into the paid talk unfortunately so I'll be giving it a miss now. 

8 minutes ago, aliv0 said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was originally announced as a free event (I may be wrong), haven't got the funds to get into the paid talk unfortunately so I'll be giving it a miss now. 

When it was going to be a free event (which I don't think they ever confirmed) it was with Marc and unconfirmed guest - not with Kevin. £20 is cheap to see one of Kevin's shows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hobbitfanatic said:

I'm not really interested in a podcast I paid for a talk. Don't we get a chance to ask questions?

There may be some Q+A - but it's only 45min slot so it probably won't be many questions if any.

1 minute ago, hobbitfanatic said:

Well it's not what I paid my money for in that case. If I wanted a podcast would have gone to the evening event. 

Personally I would see it as a positive, your getting a show with Kevin and Marc for the same price as you were getting just Kevin.

it will be a slightly different format to his solo 'evening with, shows but it's still Kevin talking and it's focused on current geek news - and they've just came back from somewhere where they have lots to talk about.

3 minutes ago, hobbitfanatic said:

But from what it sounds like we get no q and a at all. It's not as advertised. 

Q + A was never guaranteed, the change in show doesn't change that.

Kevin likes doing questions and they have done it at previous live shows so hopefully they can fit some in.

Edited by benweblight

It's a live version of the podcast. So they'll discuss comics and TV, and probably take some questions. So basically it's a talk. But going to be recorded and broadcast.

I don't understand the dislike here, if it wasn't the podcast it would be pretty much exactly the same thing.

• Like 1

This is better than a Q&A and it's very simple as to why. It's only a 45 minute slot. 

If you have ever seen a Kevin Smith Q&A, you'd only get 3, maybe 4 questions in 45 minutes and that's it. As well as this, most questions asked, he would've like already answered in a different medium, and possibly for free on a podcast. For a full Q&A, you'd need about 2 hours, which we all knew was never going to happen.

Fatman on Batman is rarely ever done live and is always so insightful towards the world of pop culture, which is what this weekend is celebrating. 

I really wanted a Q&A too, so I understand the frustration, but I didn't want 'An Evening With Kevin Smith Lite' which is what this would've inevitably been. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, benweblight said:

When it was going to be a free event (which I don't think they ever confirmed) it was with Marc and unconfirmed guest - not with Kevin. £20 is cheap to see one of Kevin's shows.

I'm sure it will be really good, but money is a bit tight at the moment :(

3 hours ago, reelbigmartin said:

Does anyone know how much Marc was charging for his books today?

I bought one for £25, also got an autographed photo with that and was happy to take photos - very good value as a guest I'd say as at least today never had a line waiting so was able to chat as long as you liked

6 hours ago, InfiniteMonkey said:

I bought one for £25, also got an autographed photo with that and was happy to take photos - very good value as a guest I'd say as at least today never had a line waiting so was able to chat as long as you liked

Awesome thank you