What time to arrive?

For the first time I will be staying in London over LFCC. In previous years, I've arrived at about 7-8 and been quite far back in the queue and got relatively high vq's. This year, I will be travelling via Earls Court so can arrive there anytime. What time would people recommend is the ideal time to arrive to be near the front of the queue to secure low vq's?

From my experience, if you can get there between 7.30am and 8am to queue, you generally do ok on any day of the con. Saturday is busiest, so if there is someone very popular you want to meet on that day, your commitment from 6.30am - 7am might be needed.

To be honest, its not just about how long before the event you queue up for, if you can stay until the event closes as well, you stand a very good chance of getting quite a lot done. From 3pm onwards on most days it starts to thin out a bit.

• Like 1

Think the earliest I've started queuing was about 7.30/45. Usually tend turn up bout 8.30ish. Am usually able stay towards the end, heck even left when most stall owners have packed up and I've gone pub with some the comic artists!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chamberlain0101 said:

For the first time I will be staying in London over LFCC. In previous years, I've arrived at about 7-8 and been quite far back in the queue and got relatively high vq's. This year, I will be travelling via Earls Court so can arrive there anytime. What time would people recommend is the ideal time to arrive to be near the front of the queue to secure low vq's?

And it depends on who you want VQ tickets for. If a certain Mr. Cumberbatch is involved the answer is "the earlier the better".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, extremeladders said:

We always queue from about 6am, I get really worried about VQs being too high so I would rather get there early to make sure I get lower numbers. There's always plenty of people to talk to and we enjoy our bacon and egg rolls from a nearby cafe while we wait :) 

Oh I didnt know there was a café near by just shows you that I don't know the area that well lol

Oh and since I'll be on my own can some one get me a coffee when they go to the café ? lol

I'll be getting there around 8ish and that's always been good for me :) Apart from MK Collectormania one year and all I'm going to say is Hobbits " Shudders "

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

And it depends on who you want VQ tickets for. If a certain Mr. Cumberbatch is involved the answer is "the earlier the better".

Sunday for Michael Madsen and Veronica Cartwright - would 10am be ok?

I am not even going to attempt trying to get a VQT for Benedict :lol: most of the guests I'm going to try for (except Mads) don't have Diamond Pass, so hopefully shouldn't be too bad trying to get their autos. We shall see! I'll be there 8am anyway. 

7 hours ago, taz101 said:

Sunday for Michael Madsen and Veronica Cartwright - would 10am be ok?

I answered to the other post you've done about this.

Again everyone, please do give the mods and our Kind attendees helping out some time to reply and do not post in multiple Topics, especially if you are posting in the middle of the night. People do sleep eventually. ;)

7 hours ago, maduncledai said:

Oh I didnt know there was a café near by just shows you that I don't know the area that well lol

Oh and since I'll be on my own can some one get me a coffee when they go to the café ? lol

I'll be getting there around 8ish and that's always been good for me :) Apart from MK Collectormania one year and all I'm going to say is Hobbits " Shudders "

It's called Franks, it's opposite the venue near the railway line. It's not too expensive and nice to have something warm to start the day :) I only know because in 2015 we were really hungry so after the event I looked at the local area on google and found it, then last year I left my husband in the queue to get us something and it worked, will definitely do it again this year! 

Edited by extremeladders
Added more info

4 hours ago, extremeladders said:

It's called Franks, it's opposite the venue near the railway line. It's not too expensive and nice to have something warm to start the day :) I only know because in 2015 we were really hungry so after the event I looked at the local area on google and found it, then last year I left my husband in the queue to get us something and it worked, will definitely do it again this year! 

They were selling bacon butties in the loading hall last year.

:P:drool::poki:

• Like 1