Prudential Ride London - Road Closures & Routes of Bike Ride

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone!

We are extremely excited to see you all at the weekend, but for those of you coming in by car/bus we'd like to give you a heads up about the Prudential Ride London. This bike ride could affect your journey, due to road closures and bus diversions.

Please follow the link below to see information about the effected routes, bus diversions and any other potential works TFL think might effect travel across the weekend. 

https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/major-works-and-events/ridelondon?cid=ridelondon

There's a link for each day on the website, with information about high traffic areas and where to avoid. Please note that less people driving in these areas creates more traffic on the tubes and overgrounds too, so please plan ahead, and maybe leave a little bit earlier where possible!

If you get stuck, there is a help email address for any questions relating to this: helpdesk@ridelondon.co.uk / 0345 894 9773. We hope you all have a safe journey and will see you there!

10 minutes ago, Daniel_Baker said:

Argh going to have to try forcing my sat nav to a route that avoids the A4, this is not going to be fun!

Had the following advice from RideLondon/Olympia if you're travelling in by car via M4.

"A section of the A4 through Hammersmith is used for the route so the best route will be to take the M4 to Ceders Road, take a left onto Sutton Ct Rd, right on to Heathfield Terrance and on to Chiswick high Rd drive straight and then a left onto Dalling Rd, right on to Goldhawk RD, down on to Dewhursts Road to the Olympia."

• Like 1

Just now, robmoriarty said:

Had the following advice from RideLondon/Olympia if you're travelling in by car via M4.

"A section of the A4 through Hammersmith is used for the route so the best route will be to take the M4 to Ceders Road, take a left onto Sutton Ct Rd, right on to Heathfield Terrance and on to Chiswick high Rd drive straight and then a left onto Dalling Rd, right on to Goldhawk RD, down on to Dewhursts Road to the Olympia."

Thanks Rob, I'm thinking I'll take the M40 and A40 so I come in from the North instead of our normal route of M4/A4, it SHOULD be safer.

Just now, Daniel_Baker said:

Thanks Rob, I'm thinking I'll take the M40 and A40 so I come in from the North instead of our normal route of M4/A4, it SHOULD be safer.

Yes was going to do same. Now hotel-ing at Watford Junction and catching the train from there. Means I won't have to fight with any London traffic and avoid the ludicrous £30 charge for parking. Only £9 return on train for me and PA!

• Like 1

I'll be getting an Uber from opposite Kings Cross on Saturday morning (around 7:30). I have no idea if this will affect me as I don't know London at all.

I'm guessing the Uber driver will be aware of any closures and will take diversionary routes if need be?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

Yes was going to do same. Now hotel-ing at Watford Junction and catching the train from there. Means I won't have to fight with any London traffic and avoid the ludicrous £30 charge for parking. Only £9 return on train for me and PA!

Wow that's not bad, I looked at getting the train from here but it's a lot longer and would cost me over £100, tried to get parking but they have sold out at Olympia for the car park with 2.3m clearance so I'm going to just have to try to find some on street parking somewhere, if not PA is going to have to drop us off and find somewhere!

Just now, Lokinestro said:

I'll be getting an Uber from opposite Kings Cross on Saturday morning (around 7:30). I have no idea if this will affect me as I don't know London at all.

I'm guessing the Uber driver will be aware of any closures and will take diversionary routes if need be?

Bloomin' well should do unless they cheated their way to passing The Knowledge test!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daniel_Baker said:

Wow that's not bad, I looked at getting the train from here but it's a lot longer and would cost me over £100, tried to get parking but they have sold out at Olympia for the car park with 2.3m clearance so I'm going to just have to try to find some on street parking somewhere, if not PA is going to have to drop us off and find somewhere!

Just remember it's not free to park around back streets any more. Got to feed the meter and I believe it's only a 4 hour limit so may need to run out and feed meter again at some point. 

2 minutes ago, kamikazemonkey said:

Just remember it's not free to park around back streets any more. Got to feed the meter and I believe it's only a 4 hour limit so may need to run out and feed meter again at some point. 

Sundays looked to still be free in Kensington?  Unless their website hasn't been updated, I've marked some disabled bays on a map so if I'm extremely lucky one will be free, really getting stressed about this weekend now, oh well nothing I can do I've bought my tickets already.

11 minutes ago, Daniel_Baker said:

Sundays looked to still be free in Kensington?  Unless their website hasn't been updated, I've marked some disabled bays on a map so if I'm extremely lucky one will be free, really getting stressed about this weekend now, oh well nothing I can do I've bought my tickets already.

Friends of mine recently attended another con at Olympia and said that it's no longer free. I used to pay in car park on Friday and split cost with friends and then park around back streets Sat/Sun and never had any bother before...... till now. £85 for the weekend in the main car park isn't too bad when split 4 ways. 

48 minutes ago, chayanua said:

is there a  map with the cycling roots available? I am from Austria and have no idea which road is where ... thx

Lach, da bist Du nicht der/die einzige der nun stress hat deswegen :-D und ich fliege bereits morgen früh, also nicht viel Zeit zum planen. gggrr

9 minutes ago, Paul19802017 said:

Uber drivers don't do the knowledge. Only black cab drivers do it hence no sat navs in black cabs yet all mini cabs have them 

My brother-in-law is in the middle of doing The Knowledge. You would not believe the amount of work that goes into to it. It's very impressive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

My brother-in-law is in the middle of doing The Knowledge. You would not believe the amount of work that goes into to it. It's very impressive.

I've seen docs on it.  It's so much it's actually been documented that it changes their brain as a result.

19 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Don't envy him at all. Watched the programme on telly few months ago where they show what goes on. I don't even know the road names from my house to work and I do it everyday. How they learn all of London is inception mind blowing 

Just now, Paul19802017 said:

Don't envy him at all. Watched the programme on telly few months ago where they show what goes on. I don't even know the road names from my house to work and I do it everyday. How they learn all of London is inception mind blowing 

It really is. He literally stares at a giant map for hours learning everything (I'm sure there's a lot more to it as well!). He wasn't in that show unfortuantely, but he knows a lot of the people that were.

2 hours ago, Lokinestro said:

That'll be ample time.