Taxi on friday from Euston

can I make a suggestion? If you're travelling across london, don't get a taxi, as you will have to pay to sit in traffic, you're better off ordering a car from somewhere like Addison Lee (they have a smartphone app that's easy to use), you can set your start and end point, get a bit more luxury than a taxi and get a good price which you can pay up front so you don't need to pay the driver and don't pay for sitting in traffic. They will send you text updates when your driver arrives etc. Usually we've used black taxis to olympia from euston and it's cost around £30, but I just checked Addison Lee and it's showing £18.50. Plus they have free wifi and phone chargers in their cars :)

• Like 1

The app I'm talking about is called Addison Lee. You just register with them and then pick your start date/time/place and where you're going and it will offer you different prices based on the type of car you choose (£18.50 for a standard 1-4 passenger car). They are CRB checked drivers. in 2015 we got a taxi from Euston and there was a demonstration happening somewhere and we were in traffic for 45 minutes which really bumped up our taxi fare!

• Like 1

On 25-7-2017 at 5:49 PM, clarkee22 said:

The app I'm talking about is called Addison Lee. You just register with them and then pick your start date/time/place and where you're going and it will offer you different prices based on the type of car you choose (£18.50 for a standard 1-4 passenger car). They are CRB checked drivers. in 2015 we got a taxi from Euston and there was a demonstration happening somewhere and we were in traffic for 45 minutes which really bumped up our taxi fare!

Indeed, I fixed my taxi a couple of weeks ago. Set fee and a bit more luxurious ;) so no bad surprises :P