Guest Cancellations - Sir Derek Jacobi, Bex Taylor Klaus & Jack O Hallorhan - UPDATE ON SUPERMAN GROUP SHOT!!

I would say though, even if all 3 do another event in say, a years time...

that would mean paying out £110 again, so it isn't really a great thing unless we get some support on this one haha

(that fact I booked this photo shoot literally an hour before his cancellation was announced is why it hurts my wallet just a little bit more)

Wish Jack the best of luck. Cancellations happen. The guests are only human and issues do come up. Disappointing for everyone when it happens but not much anyone can do. We can only hope that Jack comes back in future. It is unlikely that all 3 villains will be back together, which is a shame, but this stuff happens.

Just thinking about the Back to the Future guests in 2015, where Tom Wilson was missed but the rest of the main cast were there. Well....Tom will be at LFCC this year, so SM got him eventually!!!

SM deal with the refunds well from my experience over the last few years and are very fair. I am sure all the refunds and other issues will be sorted quickly, as they always are.

With the cancellation of Jack on the Superman group photo, what is going to happen? will it still go ahead? will there partial refund?

I booked the photo shoot as the 3 villains were all appearing and now with 1 missing, it will stick out like a sore thumb.

This is very disappointing.

Why has there only been announcement of Jack cancelling, but nothing from SM updating about the group photo shoot? Poor form IMHO

Can anyone provide an update please?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, madmonkeyjohn said:

With the cancellation of Jack on the Superman group photo, what is going to happen? will it still go ahead? will there partial refund?

I booked the photo shoot as the 3 villains were all appearing and now with 1 missing, it will stick out like a sore thumb.

This is very disappointing.

Why has there only been announcement of Jack cancelling, but nothing from SM updating about the group photo shoot? Poor form IMHO

Can anyone provide an update please?

Thanks

QS has said previously that it's being looked into on this thread, John. She still has to hear back from the office as its the day they're leaving for the show. :smile:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

QS has said previously that it's being looked into on this thread, John. She still has to hear back from the office as its the day they're leaving for the show. :smile:

I may have to repost this every page at the rate this is going. ;)

• Like 2

I think the majority of people who booked this, booked this for the 3 kryptonians, and am watching this point with great intrest. im surprised its taken this long for an official statement. i dont want any other guests in the pic, i dont want a partial refund, or to exchange for single pics as, as a fan have already bought singles aswell. i just want a refund as thats fair.

6 minutes ago, TerraHawk said:

I think the problem is if they do that - whilst being fair - everyone will expect them to do the same the next time this happens.

BUT thats the point if its fair then it needs to be done, random cast shots fair enough move and swap, like a generic classic drs actors pic, 3rd cyberman to left swap him for a dalek operator no sweat. but when you have three core (oh my theres that word again) charachters who make a particular group and one cancels then it should be cancelled. if you had a photo booked with the three stooges and one cancelled then its fair to cancel and refund for those that wish it. dont forget this is an expensive shoot. and if it is forced ahead a lot of people are paying for something they frankly do not want and will come away very upset.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lois Lawson said:

I know it's each to their own but i'd rather the photoshoot went ahead rather than having to buy individual photos at this late stage, especially as Terrence is only there on Saturday. 

But that's just me

yes thats a valid point, it should be upto the customer to make that choice as we the ones who have paid the money.

• Like 1

I had already booked an individual photo with Terence and Morgot, the only reason I got this one was because of the three villains from Superman II in it. I wasn't really fused about Morgot being in it, as it was just for the Villains. For me personally I don't really see the point of the group one now. I think the selling point for this was having the three villains, as most people wouldn't have bothered buying it otherwise and especially at that cost. It is just unfortunately that Jack is ill and cannot come over now.

Although its not a full cancellation as such it has been confirmed that Marv Wolfman will not be attending Friday.

I appreciate how many guests are going to be there but cant help be gutted by this. This change has come too late in the day for me with show tickets and travel already booked AND Saturday tickets all sold out as well  

2 hours ago, davesimon said:

BUT thats the point if its fair then it needs to be done, random cast shots fair enough move and swap, like a generic classic drs actors pic, 3rd cyberman to left swap him for a dalek operator no sweat. but when you have three core (oh my theres that word again) charachters who make a particular group and one cancels then it should be cancelled. if you had a photo booked with the three stooges and one cancelled then its fair to cancel and refund for those that wish it. dont forget this is an expensive shoot. and if it is forced ahead a lot of people are paying for something they frankly do not want and will come away very upset.

pretty much agree with this one completely

I'm not trying to brag, but just stating a fact.  I'm fortunate in that I'm actually long-time friends with Sarah.  Imagine paying £110 to have a picture with your friend when you already have them for free.  I only booked to get the 3 Kryptonians together.  

I think I win for worst stroke of luck.

being friends with Sarah is hardly unlucky hahaha

already have photos with Sarah and Margot, have a Diamond Pass booked for Terrance

never met Jack

booked a joint photo op specifically for the 3 villains together LITERALLY one hour before Jack's unfortunate cancellation was announced after toying with the idea since it was announced

pretty unlucky too...!

apparently somebody has just spoken to SM over the telephone and they have catagorically stated no refunds nothing. if im forced to go ahead with this photo-shoot that i did not purchase (as its diff to what i paid for) then this weekends Showmasters event will also be my last Showmasters event and i will no longer support them in any way.  and at moment i have 34 photo-shoots booked usually more but a lot of cancellations , never mind the autographs i was getting. 

Edited by davesimon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, davesimon said:

apparently somebody has just spoken to SM over the telephone and they have catagorically stated no refunds nothing. if im forced to go ahead with this photo-shoot that i did not purchase (as its diff to what i paid for) then this weekends Showmasters event will also be my last Showmasters event and i will no longer support them in any way.  and at moment i have 34 photo-shoots booked usually more but a lot of cancellations , never mind the autographs i was getting. 

Hopefully some common sense will apply and something will be offered/sorted. Must admit till something official is announced am hanging fire on some other stuff I was looking to buy before travelling down.

at the very very least they should be offering a £15 refund as that is the price of Jack's solo shoot but yeah, until we have a response from SM direct we'll just have to wait (although I can't see it happening since they would be out of the office good and proper now)

Yes, I am afraid SM are out of the Office now. I have sent a reminder yesterday, but have not have a Response. As snot182 has already said, it is unlikely I will hear back now. I did ask for someone to come on and post a Statement though. Hopefully someone will do this tonight.

I am very sorry to leave everyone hanging in mid air like this. But the best recommendation I can give now - unless that Statement I asked for is being posted - is to ask at the Event.

20 hours ago, davesimon said:

Oh I do agree it should be done, I just didn't expect it would be done. 

I would be extremely surprised if you get any rebate, let alone a full money refund for the Superman shoot.

The terms and conditions generally stipulate that if a guest cancels then that's the risk you run and they seem to have worded the attendees on the Superman shoot so loosely that this runs counter to the mass interpretation of the shoot as a "Super villain" photo shoot. As I understand it, it was sold as a "Superman" photo shoot, which lets face it, it still is...

Sure at POS it's easy to see how people viewed this as a Supervillain shoot as all 3 were attending - I almost bought the shoot myself on this basis but passed as I didn't want Margot in the shot and didn't want to make her feel left out.

The upshot is it was never overtly sold as a "Supervillain" shoot and SM will rely on this when refusing refunds.

i wish you luck, I really do but having gone through a similar experience with the "unsmiling/you can drive a bus between us" Steven Berkoff shoot last year I know for a fact SM will just tell you to lump it...