Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

21 minutes ago, CosmicAvatar said:

That's a shame that GPs are not going in the same hall as the mains as was shown on the floor plan, as I was hoping we'd all be let in first like in the old days.  Now those of us who aren't right at the front will be losing out on VQTs to the first wave of standard passes again.  Oh, well!

The General Entry does not start before all Gold Pass holders are in.

15 minutes ago, mr mulder said:

Im a bit confused, i will need an extra help wristband and will have my carer with me and was told in an email from sm to que up with the gold pass ppl. Do I still do that or go to the normal area H? And line up with everyone else? Sorry to be a pain guys 

I asked for clarification.

I’m needing to collect Diamond Passes for Kevin Smith on Sunday.  I’m going to the venue to see his podcast on the Saturday evening, will I be able to collect my passes then? What time does the pass collection close?

Just now, sterees said:

I’m needing to collect Diamond Passes for Kevin Smith on Sunday.  I’m going to the venue to see his podcast on the Saturday evening, will I be able to collect my passes then? What time does the pass collection close?

No Sterees.  IIRC the poscast is after the show closes so the collection point won't be open.

• Like 1

Just now, Raylenth said:

No Sterees.  IIRC the poscast is after the show closes so the collection point won't be open.

Thanks for this. What time does pass collection close? Just wondering if it's worth going down earlier, or is it fine just to rock up on Sunday morning?

3 minutes ago, sterees said:

Thanks for this. What time does pass collection close? Just wondering if it's worth going down earlier, or is it fine just to rock up on Sunday morning?

Officially the show closes at 6pm so I imagine it will be the same.. You can collect it earlier or on Sunday if you wish.  if you collect it on Saturday at least it's done then.

6 minutes ago, Dreamweaver187 said:

That hasnt been true for the past couple of years QS sorry 

This is what the mods are being told and this is what was confirmed to us by the crew. If something different happens - there has been a mishap once or twice - you need to point this out at the show. 

2 minutes ago, one of vicky's bfs said:

Trouble is that you can't wait for everyone with a Gold to be in, otherwise those with a standard could be waiting until midday, just in case someone is running late! I would assume it would be a case of giving the Gold passes a bit of a head start. Bare in mind that mistakes happen virtually every year and all they do is try to make things better.

Take the disabled entrance case above, last year, Gold entrance didn't want me, Standard didn't me either, it was only when I managed to see someone higher up (well he is tall!) to help that I actually got my disabled pass and Vicky got her carers pass. That seems to have been sorted though with everything in one entrance.

Vicky, they don't mean that.  the same with VQ's they don't keep a list and say 'oh number 67 hasn't turned up so no one else can go through'

They mean the people in the queue.

Edited by Raylenth

12 minutes ago, mr mulder said:

Ok so just to make it clear in my head I get in line in area H with the standard entry, and will get my extra help wristband there? I'm just worried as the email I got from Samantha told me to go to the gold pass area like last year? I don't want to line up for hours yo be told I'm in the wrong place lol

This topic is correct, I just double checked.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news for some.

Diamond Pass pickup is strictly in person only. You will be asked to show ID. If the ID doesn't match the name on the list and the person picking up you will not be given the pass. No exceptions.

I am very sorry, but apparently there have been some attempts to circumvent the rules. As someone else put it in another topic "this is why we can't have nice things."

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news for some.

Diamond Pass pickup is strictly in person only. You will be asked to show ID. If the ID doesn't match the name on the list and the person picking up you will not be given the pass. No exceptions.

I am very sorry, but apparently there have been some attempts to circumvent the rules. As someone else put it in another topic "this is why we can't have nice things."

So we definitely can't collect for others with their permission and having emailed in to authorize it?  Oh well.

Just now, Raylenth said:

So we definitely can't collect for others with their permission and having emailed in to authorize it?  Oh well.

I'm afraid so. 

EDIT: At least this is what I was told 10 minutes ago. Did you e-mail in and got authorisation?

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm afraid so. 

EDIT: At least this is what I was told 10 minutes ago. Did you e-mail in and got authorisation?

A friend emailed in a couple of days ago to ask if I could collect for her but I think she is still waiting to hear back.

1 minute ago, v.pearson said:

Ok, so I can go Thursday to collect my Alan Tudyk Diamond Pass.

Then, Saturday & Sunday I just queue up at the Diamond Pass entrance and don't have to worry about anything once I get in?

SO confussled haha x

Yes you can collect it on Thursday. But there is no Diamond pass entrance as diamond passes don't include entry. So you will go to either gold pass entrance or general entrance depending on what ticket you have bought.

55 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

They are not transferable.

The instructions we are giving here are for genuine "can't make it" request. If this Ends up being abused things will go to "in Person pickup only" immediately.

totally understand thank you for getting back to me will contact my friend thanks :)