Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, fissijo said:

Do you need your ticket again when you collect diamond pass prints or will the diamond pass itself do for that? 

Once you have had your ticket scanned and have received your pass that is all you will need.

5 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah this happened to me as well.  I was in a fairly decent position and got pulled out to go and get my diamond which went quite slowly.  In the meantime the remainder of the people outside were coming in and being put in the loading area and by the time I was able to rejoin the queue I was a lot further back than I had been.  We did speak to the red shirt manning the area and asked if we could be put back where we were and after investigating they cam back and said we couldn't and would just have to go to the current back of the queue.  I guess they didn't feel this was possible as how do you prove where you were.  I didn't get a chance to speak to anyone inside but it's definitely something that needs rejigging still.  I appreciate it's not easy to get right but this definitely worked against those collecting on the day.

My advice for tomorrow is for people to go and get their VQ's and come back for their diamonds if they can but be warned if you do this there may be a queue of people doing similarly so it might not be the best option if you have an early diamond activity.  Alternatively join the queue and ask someone to ave your space for you and then go and get it.

Is that allowed to go back and get your Diamond Pass? I have a Benedict Cumberbatch diamond pass en photoshoot starts 9.45. I don't think he will do autographs before that. Today I couldn't get an autograph of Dean Cain so I want to get VQ ticket as soon as possible

3 hours ago, IlonaTijhuis said:

Is that allowed to go back and get your Diamond Pass? I have a Benedict Cumberbatch diamond pass en photoshoot starts 9.45. I don't think he will do autographs before that. Today I couldn't get an autograph of Dean Cain so I want to get VQ ticket as soon as possible

You can collect at any point in the day whilst he show is open

8 hours ago, fissijo said:

Do you need your ticket again when you collect diamond pass prints or will the diamond pass itself do for that? 

I had to have my ticket scanned again although by what's being said here, it wasn't necessary.

2 hours ago, evilcc07@sky.com said:

Just a suggestion for future shows, but could you not make it that the home printed ticket is the only ticket and have that scanned at the point of photo/ auto etc ? It would save a lot of hassle .

I don't know enough about the tech to state anything with certainty, but it feels like it may be quite difficulty to assign a scannable barcode that could track a person's completion of all the diamond pass activities, given that some passes can have up to five different things to claim on them. Their system looks like it can tell them whether a barcode has been scanned before or not, and that's it. You could do separate barcodes, but i'm not sure if that's something eventbrite do, as every eventbrite thing I have seen follows the same layout. You could also have multiple tickets, but then i'm not sure the extra hassle is worth it.

Most importantly, wearable passes are cool! 

I might just be talking nonsense, but this is how I see it. 

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lionel Messi said:

Where can I collect my cumberbatch diamond pass on Sunday along with my entry as I couldn't collect on Thursday 

I have the info on event brite on my phone for someone to scan and what time 

thank you 

It is all explained in the first post.

Something I not long realised.... why were we not given the landyards and the merch relevant to DP purchase when DP collected on thursday?   basically was only the DP card.... only realised and went and got the mug etc but if some1 else in wil wheaton queue hadnt asked me i wouldnt have realised and gone.

dont get me wrong if its just due to volunteer numbers on the thursday I would still rather puck up passes thursday minus merch.  :)   just wondering.

Edited by HeartDT

33 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Something I not long realised.... why were we not given the landyards and the merch relevant to DP purchase when DP collected on thursday?   basically was only the DP card.... only realised and went and got the mug etc but if some1 else in wil wheaton queue hadnt asked me i wouldnt have realised and gone.

dont get me wrong if its just due to volunteer numbers on the thursday I would still rather puck up passes thursday minus merch.  :)   just wondering.

Yeah I've realised this also. Would I have to queue again to get the lanyard and print? Like I didn't need spend an hour queueing for the pass already

1 hour ago, chipgirl100 said:

Yeah I've realised this also. Would I have to queue again to get the lanyard and print? Like I didn't need spend an hour queueing for the pass already

we got ours without queuing but it was well into afternoon we went and got them  :)

Well I gotta say that gold entry was great today. Queue not too big and moved quickly once open. Staff were great and explained everything to us newbie gold pass holders. Bit of a run to get VQ's but managed low numbers for most guests I wanted. Looking forward to tomorrow now! Just hope my back recovers!!!:mellow:

Edited by MrsTonyStark

2 hours ago, HeartDT said:

It was the same last year. A set up thing I am assuming.