Jump to content
showmasters

Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

Recommended Posts

Queen_Sindel    3,313

The "join the back of the line" option is being looked at. But I was told that due to the barriers it may not be possible to change this.

This is verbally what I was told. I am not on location, haven't seen the set up and can't comment any further than this. Those who have been there today may probably be able to make more sense of it than I do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spengler    246
9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The people with me weren't and I didn't see any after that as the queue filled up behind me

Sounds like the whole collection thing needs to be re thought. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bogleg    4

I would like to thank whoever thought of collecting Gold and Diamond passes on Thursday. It was smooth and well thought out. I don't think however, it would have taken much more time if the extras for Diamond passes were given out at the same time. The lady that scanned my ticket seem confused when it showed my ticket had already been scanned when I went to collect my posters. She wasn't aware that there was a pass collection the day before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where can I collect my cumberbatch diamond pass on Sunday along with my entry as I couldn't collect on Thursday 

 

I have the info on event brite on my phone for someone to scan and what time 

 

thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fissijo    56

Do you need your ticket again when you collect diamond pass prints or will the diamond pass itself do for that? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StuartG2198    1,655
9 minutes ago, fissijo said:

Do you need your ticket again when you collect diamond pass prints or will the diamond pass itself do for that? 

 

Once you have had your ticket scanned and have received your pass that is all you will need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IlonaTijhuis    17
5 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah this happened to me as well.  I was in a fairly decent position and got pulled out to go and get my diamond which went quite slowly.  In the meantime the remainder of the people outside were coming in and being put in the loading area and by the time I was able to rejoin the queue I was a lot further back than I had been.  We did speak to the red shirt manning the area and asked if we could be put back where we were and after investigating they cam back and said we couldn't and would just have to go to the current back of the queue.  I guess they didn't feel this was possible as how do you prove where you were.  I didn't get a chance to speak to anyone inside but it's definitely something that needs rejigging still.  I appreciate it's not easy to get right but this definitely worked against those collecting on the day.

 

My advice for tomorrow is for people to go and get their VQ's and come back for their diamonds if they can but be warned if you do this there may be a queue of people doing similarly so it might not be the best option if you have an early diamond activity.  Alternatively join the queue and ask someone to ave your space for you and then go and get it.

Is that allowed to go back and get your Diamond Pass? I have a Benedict Cumberbatch diamond pass en photoshoot starts 9.45. I don't think he will do autographs before that. Today I couldn't get an autograph of Dean Cain so I want to get VQ ticket as soon as possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raylenth    2,645
3 hours ago, IlonaTijhuis said:

Is that allowed to go back and get your Diamond Pass? I have a Benedict Cumberbatch diamond pass en photoshoot starts 9.45. I don't think he will do autographs before that. Today I couldn't get an autograph of Dean Cain so I want to get VQ ticket as soon as possible

You can collect at any point in the day whilst he show is open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a suggestion for future shows, but could you not make it that the home printed ticket is the only ticket and have that scanned at the point of photo/ auto etc ? It would save a lot of hassle .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bogleg    4
8 hours ago, fissijo said:

Do you need your ticket again when you collect diamond pass prints or will the diamond pass itself do for that? 

 

I had to have my ticket scanned again although by what's being said here, it wasn't necessary.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, evilcc07@sky.com said:

Just a suggestion for future shows, but could you not make it that the home printed ticket is the only ticket and have that scanned at the point of photo/ auto etc ? It would save a lot of hassle .

I don't know enough about the tech to state anything with certainty, but it feels like it may be quite difficulty to assign a scannable barcode that could track a person's completion of all the diamond pass activities, given that some passes can have up to five different things to claim on them. Their system looks like it can tell them whether a barcode has been scanned before or not, and that's it. You could do separate barcodes, but i'm not sure if that's something eventbrite do, as every eventbrite thing I have seen follows the same layout. You could also have multiple tickets, but then i'm not sure the extra hassle is worth it.

 

Most importantly, wearable passes are cool! 

I might just be talking nonsense, but this is how I see it. 

 

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lokinestro    174

Diamond collection was pretty smooth this morning. Got here just after 7 and there were about 20 people infront for Diamonds so I got mine within 10 minutes allowing me to go to normal queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pinkxxl    34
3 minutes ago, Aearin said:

Queue for diamond pass so big I've missed one of my photos. What a joke 

thats not good at all!! lots of people on twitter saying the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Queen_Sindel    3,313
13 hours ago, Lionel Messi said:

Where can I collect my cumberbatch diamond pass on Sunday along with my entry as I couldn't collect on Thursday 

 

I have the info on event brite on my phone for someone to scan and what time 

 

thank you 

It is all explained in the first post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

It is all explained in the first post.

Thanks and what time is the earliest on a bday he will start signing or take photo so I know what time to get there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Queen_Sindel    3,313
14 minutes ago, Lionel Messi said:

Thanks and what time is the earliest on a bday he will start signing or take photo so I know what time to get there 

Sometimes I wonder why we even pin the information topics... ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bogleg    4

It's unfortunate that the first usher you meet when going in will not let people turn right and collect their Diamond passes before they join the queue to get their entry varified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartDT    148

Something I not long realised.... why were we not given the landyards and the merch relevant to DP purchase when DP collected on thursday?   basically was only the DP card.... only realised and went and got the mug etc but if some1 else in wil wheaton queue hadnt asked me i wouldnt have realised and gone.

dont get me wrong if its just due to volunteer numbers on the thursday I would still rather puck up passes thursday minus merch.  :)   just wondering.

Edited by HeartDT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipgirl100    1
33 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Something I not long realised.... why were we not given the landyards and the merch relevant to DP purchase when DP collected on thursday?   basically was only the DP card.... only realised and went and got the mug etc but if some1 else in wil wheaton queue hadnt asked me i wouldnt have realised and gone.

dont get me wrong if its just due to volunteer numbers on the thursday I would still rather puck up passes thursday minus merch.  :)   just wondering.

Yeah I've realised this also. Would I have to queue again to get the lanyard and print? Like I didn't need spend an hour queueing for the pass already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartDT    148
1 hour ago, chipgirl100 said:

Yeah I've realised this also. Would I have to queue again to get the lanyard and print? Like I didn't need spend an hour queueing for the pass already

we got ours without queuing but it was well into afternoon we went and got them  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I gotta say that gold entry was great today. Queue not too big and moved quickly once open. Staff were great and explained everything to us newbie gold pass holders. Bit of a run to get VQ's but managed low numbers for most guests I wanted. Looking forward to tomorrow now! Just hope my back recovers!!!:mellow:

Edited by MrsTonyStark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×