Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

3 minutes ago, Aearin said:

The lady asked if I wanted to pick the bag up there and handed me it. No mention of any vouchers so I assumed they was in the bag. Can I go back tomorrow and pick them up or will I be told tough luck. 

You can try. I'm sorry, I don't know the exact process this year. Last time I think you had to sign for the vouchers. As you didn't sign there wouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

Quick question I have read the guide but still unsure of plan of action tomorrow morning. We have gold passes and all our guests we have diamonds, do we queue at gold enterance and then once in get our diamond passes or do we do it another way? 

6 minutes ago, pinkxxl said:

Quick question I have read the guide but still unsure of plan of action tomorrow morning. We have gold passes and all our guests we have diamonds, do we queue at gold enterance and then once in get our diamond passes or do we do it another way? 

I guess I would decide that by your arrival time. Unless the Diamond Pass pickup was moved it is before ticket check. So there would be no harm in heading there first seeing you wouldn't need your wristband to get there.

9 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I guess I would decide that by your arrival time. Unless the Diamond Pass pickup was moved it is before ticket check. So there would be no harm in heading there first seeing you wouldn't need your wristband to get there.

8-8.30 no needing vqs

On 7/24/2017 at 9:32 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

It's nice that people are already complaining before anything happened. ;)

This was pointed out a lot last year. I also asked the office again when I came home.

EDIT: If I sound grumpy the reason is that I had planned to sleep a little after a headache and the phone rang where I was being yelled on because the store doesn't allow a ticket transfer. Seriously, our main phone is already unlisted. Those few on here who have my mobile number: if I ever find out you are spreading it around there will be consequences.

EDIT2 cause I managed to get hold of TooTall - everyone please thank TooTall for replying to a poor little mod at 9.45 PM in his spare time: They are aware of the queueing issue. I quote: "We know the issue. It will be different this year. They will get in early."

Hopefully that is good enough. ;)

Well it looks like i was right, Gold passes had the same problems this year on entry as we did last year.  

6 minutes ago, bundyse said:

Well it looks like i was right, Gold passes had the same problems this year on entry as we did last year.  

Just for the record: the problem was the standard tickets got in early for some reason. Different than last year. I have asked that the office to post when they have a chance and we are waiting for that.

6 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Just for the record: the problem was the standard tickets got in early for some reason. Different than last year. I have asked that the office to post when they have a chance and we are waiting for that.

No the problem was that standard tickets got the luggage checked before they queued to enter, waited inside a hall. While Gold tickets queued Outside (on saturday it started to rain and we were not allowed under the little shelter there was) approx 7 mins before we were meant to enter we had our luggage checked. QUESTION WHY IS THAT GOLD PASSES HAVE TO QUE OUTSIDE?????

5 minutes ago, bundyse said:

No the problem was that standard tickets got the luggage checked before they queued to enter, waited inside a hall. While Gold tickets queued Outside (on saturday it started to rain and we were not allowed under the little shelter there was) approx 7 mins before we were meant to enter we had our luggage checked. QUESTION WHY IS THAT GOLD PASSES HAVE TO QUE OUTSIDE?????

Do not shout at me. I am trying to explain things the best I can and to give assistance where I can when I'm not even in the country, much less at the venue. There is absolutely no reason for going all caps on me.

All this has been covered by me prior on the last couple of pages. I understand totally some attendees are upset. But it would be much appreciated if you could at least briefly scan if your issue has been covered already.

But again adding to that stack of ever broken records: The General Entrance was moved in the hall because the queueing outside got dangerous and things had to be sorted. The Gold Passes kept their own door to keep them separated clearly. Plus before the guest signing area was moved that door seemed to give Gold Pass additional benefits. I imagine this might change next year and Gold Passes may get a separate area in the hall.

Why the Gold Passes were not allowed to stand under the shelter and why the venue staff did not start letting you in before is a question that only the venue staff can answer. I can't talk to the venue staff because I am not in London. I have asked SM to do this and to come on and comment when they get a minute. Seeing the show wrapped up only a couple of hours ago they obviously did not have a minute yet. So you and everyone else having brought this up, please have some patience.

I think it will be great if we queue same entrance as GA, because the diamond pass is also there so we have to get in and out to get them. And I think it will solve the issue of getting in before GA if they see us in the same entrance they can give us our 5 min so we can get our VQT (because gold pass is useless for diamond pass autographs and now there is so many diamond guests if we don't enter first the autograph part of gold is almost useless)

We will see next year!

Just now, Ladyuna said:

I think it will be great if we queue same entrance as GA, because the diamond pass is also there so we have to get in and out to get them. And I think it will solve the issue of getting in before GA if they see us in the same entrance they can give us our 5 min so we can get our VQT (because gold pass is useless for diamond pass autographs and now there is so many diamond guests if we don't enter first the autograph part of gold is almost useless)

We will see next year!

As I said in some of the other posts where I explained this, there may be good reasons for not doing that so far. I've probably been to Paris Disney too much, but people actually jumping the barriers are a regular occurance there.

Of course if people are not respectful this doesn't work...

I was ok this year because I took 4 diamond passes knowing that my gold might not be enough and I use my gold mostly for photos and staff at the photo take really good care of gold so it is still worth it!

8 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Do not shout at me. I am trying to explain things the best I can and to give assistance where I can when I'm not even in the country, much less at the venue. There is absolutely no reason for going all caps on me.

All this has been covered by me prior on the last couple of pages. I understand totally some attendees are upset. But it would be much appreciated if you could at least briefly scan if your issue has been covered already.

But again adding to that stack of ever broken records: The General Entrance was moved in the hall because the queueing outside got dangerous and things had to be sorted. The Gold Passes kept their own door to keep them separated clearly. Plus before the guest signing area was moved that door seemed to give Gold Pass additional benefits. I imagine this might change next year and Gold Passes may get a separate area in the hall.

Why the Gold Passes were not allowed to stand under the shelter and why the venue staff did not start letting you in before is a question that only the venue staff can answer. I can't talk to the venue staff because I am not in London. I have asked SM to do this and to come on and comment when they get a minute. Seeing the show wrapped up only a couple of hours ago they obviously did not have a minute yet. So you and everyone else having brought this up, please have some patience.

Queen_Sindel sorry about the shout, but it was the 1 question mainly asked in the que, 

6 minutes ago, bundyse said:

Queen_Sindel sorry about the shout, but it was the 1 question mainly asked in the que, 

Apology accepted. I hope you got to understand my side too: it's the one question I probably answered most since Friday, and basically the only one I can do nothing about. Eventually "please have Patience" gets a little... annoying if you have to Keep saying it.

That's no excuse of course - but after all the years we've been slowly boiling in the sun that's like what, the second time it rained? :lol:

There seems to be no end of (understandable) moans about gold pass early access. Maybe the early access part should just be done away with. It seems its always a problem. Also do away with the goody bags as these seem to attract the moans too.

Then have a gold ticket that gives access for the 3 days, priority access after DPs for photos and autos and stop there. With that, make it cheaper, but limited sales, so its still a special pass.

Simples.

1 minute ago, spengler said:

There seems to be no end of (understandable) moans about gold pass early access. Maybe the early access part should just be done away with. It seems its always a problem. Also do away with the goody bags as these seem to attract the moans too.

Then have a gold ticket that gives access for the 3 days, priority access after DPs for photos and autos and stop there. With that, make it cheaper, but limited sales, so its still a special pass.

Simples.

In this discussion the Suggestion had come up about vouchers for one or 2 Diamond Guests giving priority Access for those. Personally, I Kind of liked that idea.

The sales are limited by the way, but it's been two years or so since the Gold Passes sold out last.

13 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

In this discussion the Suggestion had come up about vouchers for one or 2 Diamond Guests giving priority Access for those. Personally, I Kind of liked that idea.

The sales are limited by the way, but it's been two years or so since the Gold Passes sold out last.

Yes something like that sounds good, but still do away with the early access.

9 minutes ago, spengler said:

Yes something like that sounds good, but still do away with the early access.

Not sure I understand...do you mean do away with early access to vq tickets being given out so only start to be given iut st 9am?    if so thats not fair on the gp holders who pay a lot extra for early access for this reason also means a lot more dangerous situation with everyone converging at that area and waiting until vqs start to be given out. it was dangerous enough this year never mind that too

Just now, HeartDT said:

Not sure I understand...do you mean do away with early access to vq tickets being given out so only start to be given iut st 9am?    if so thats not fair on the gp holders who pay a lot extra for early access for this reason also means a lot more dangerous situation with everyone converging at that area and waiting until vqs start to be given out. it was dangerous enough this year never mind that too

He says he wants the Gold to get the non-VQ ticket requirement back for Diamond Guests. They go after Diamond and no longer require a VT.

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

He says he wants the Gold to get the non-VQ ticket requirement back for Diamond Guests. They go after Diamond and no longer require a VT.

ahhh I see, thanks for clarifying :)   ...... pondering over the pros and cons of this hmmmmm

24 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

ahhh I see, thanks for clarifying :)   ...... pondering over the pros and cons of this hmmmmm

Not really any for the GoldsTBH.  If that happens then they don't need early entry which stops that problem as they won't need to rush over for VQ's.  Only con for others is that it potentially stops any GA holders getting a diamond guest auto but then again as I often tell people we are not guaranteed to get them anyway.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Not really any for the GoldsTBH.  If that happens then they don't need early entry which stops that problem as they won't need to rush over for VQ's.  Only con for others is that it potentially stops any GA holders getting a diamond guest auto but then again as I often tell people we are not guaranteed to get them anyway.

yeah thats what I was thinking