Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

Hi!

I got my diamond and gold passes but not the exclusive print for the diamond.

Will it be like last year for the print, meaning we have to go out of the hall to go to the diamond collection (which was opposite of gold entrance and had to queue to get back inside), or the prints are somewhere else?

Thanks for the answer

1 minute ago, Ladyuna said:

Hi!

I got my diamond and gold passes but not the exclusive print for the diamond.

Will it be like last year for the print, meaning we have to go out of the hall to go to the diamond collection (which was opposite of gold entrance and had to queue to get back inside), or the prints are somewhere else?

Thanks for the answer

This has been posted a few times Lady, you will need to collect it over the weekend.  Check with the Diamond collection table tomorrow and they will be able to advise when and where they will be available if they don't already have them.

• Like 1

Sorry...

I hoped I didn't have to get in and out and in this year... Diamond pass are complicated for gold because we don't have the same entrance. I cross finger for all my prints in one time.

Thanks for answering so fast, I have a bad connexion in england and I didn't read all the topic because I thought I'll have the prints with the diamond pass.

• Like 1

People got their early today to get in the queue, showmasters were going along the line and pulling out diamond pass holders to collect their passes and then making them join the back of the main queue again! :o

This seems really mad and really unfair on people who get there early, surely there must be a better way than this!

16 minutes ago, Boggle said:

People got their early today to get in the queue, showmasters were going along the line and pulling out diamond pass holders to collect their passes and then making them join the back of the main queue again! :o

This seems really mad and really unfair on people who get there early, surely there must be a better way than this!

What??? Why was this happening? Surely they should have led them back into the same space? Mods - any chance of getting info from the crew with regards to this. If it is the case whats the point in getting there early?

Edited by spengler

6 minutes ago, spengler said:

What??? Was this in the loading hall after showing your entrance ticket, or queueing outside the venue? Why was this happening? Surely they should have led them back into the same space? Mods - any chance of getting info from the crew with regards to this. If it is the case whats the point in getting there early?

Not sure why this double posted - sorry

Edited by spengler

5 minutes ago, spengler said:

What??? Was this in the loading hall after showing your entrance ticket, or queueing outside the venue? Why was this happening? Surely they should have led them back into the same space? Mods - any chance of getting info from the crew with regards to this. If it is the case whats the point in getting there early?

This is definitely one of the things that Need to be asked at the venue, by People who are actually there. If it's raised on the spot you will get an immediate answer and it can get fixed on the spot if necessary. That's what we have been requesting for weeks.

Unfortunately I do not have a red phone with immediate Connection to the Crew.Any Messages I (I am the only one currently around) send won't be read until the day is over if I am lucky. The Crew is working and doesn't have their phones on them.

• Like 1

Yeah this happened to me as well.  I was in a fairly decent position and got pulled out to go and get my diamond which went quite slowly.  In the meantime the remainder of the people outside were coming in and being put in the loading area and by the time I was able to rejoin the queue I was a lot further back than I had been.  We did speak to the red shirt manning the area and asked if we could be put back where we were and after investigating they cam back and said we couldn't and would just have to go to the current back of the queue.  I guess they didn't feel this was possible as how do you prove where you were.  I didn't get a chance to speak to anyone inside but it's definitely something that needs rejigging still.  I appreciate it's not easy to get right but this definitely worked against those collecting on the day.

My advice for tomorrow is for people to go and get their VQ's and come back for their diamonds if they can but be warned if you do this there may be a queue of people doing similarly so it might not be the best option if you have an early diamond activity.  Alternatively join the queue and ask someone to ave your space for you and then go and get it.

Oh damn I was planning on getting there at 8. I need to collect my diamond pass on the day as I don't live in London so haven't been able to collect it earlier. I have a photo shoot with Steven Yeun at 9:30 but if I'm going to be shoved to the back of the queue after collecting my pass I guess I'm going to be late. I've never been to a con before so now I'm panicking a bit! 

3 minutes ago, Rosiebee said:

Oh damn I was planning on getting there at 8. I need to collect my diamond pass on the day as I don't live in London so haven't been able to collect it earlier. I have a photo shoot with Steven Yeun at 9:30 but if I'm going to be shoved to the back of the queue after collecting my pass I guess I'm going to be late. I've never been to a con before so now I'm panicking a bit! 

Don't panic Rosie, it will be fine, we were all still in really quickly and so should you be.  It just mean you will be a little further back is all.  I was still back in the queue in time.

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Don't panic Rosie, it will be fine, we were all still in really quickly and so should you be.  It just mean you will be a little further back is all.  I was still back in the queue in time.

Ah thank you! That's good to know :) 

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah this happened to me as well.  I was in a fairly decent position and got pulled out to go and get my diamond which went quite slowly.  In the meantime the remainder of the people outside were coming in and being put in the loading area and by the time I was able to rejoin the queue I was a lot further back than I had been.  We did speak to the red shirt manning the area and asked if we could be put back where we were and after investigating they cam back and said we couldn't and would just have to go to the current back of the queue.  I guess they didn't feel this was possible as how do you prove where you were.  I didn't get a chance to speak to anyone inside but it's definitely something that needs rejigging still.  I appreciate it's not easy to get right but this definitely worked against those collecting on the day.

My advice for tomorrow is for people to go and get their VQ's and come back for their diamonds if they can but be warned if you do this there may be a queue of people doing similarly so it might not be the best option if you have an early diamond activity.  Alternatively join the queue and ask someone to ave your space for you and then go and get it.

Thats what I'm going to try and do. Did you see if anyone was actually let back to the space they had?

The "join the back of the line" option is being looked at. But I was told that due to the barriers it may not be possible to change this.

This is verbally what I was told. I am not on location, haven't seen the set up and can't comment any further than this. Those who have been there today may probably be able to make more sense of it than I do.

• Like 2

I would like to thank whoever thought of collecting Gold and Diamond passes on Thursday. It was smooth and well thought out. I don't think however, it would have taken much more time if the extras for Diamond passes were given out at the same time. The lady that scanned my ticket seem confused when it showed my ticket had already been scanned when I went to collect my posters. She wasn't aware that there was a pass collection the day before.