Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

Okay, soooo, I can't pick up my pass on Thursday... If I understand well, with a normal entry ticket, we start queuing toward the door H, and once we're inside, we get to pick up the diamond passes into the "Olympia Grand"? Also,can they be picked up any time throughout the day? I don't think I can come before 9am, how long does it usually take to get entry on a Friday?

Ok, I know you have been asked this a few times, but I need to make sure I have understood. I have a regular Family ticket for both Saturday and Sunday. I also need to collect an Extra Help Pass as my son is autistic. I no longer go to the Gold Pass Entrance as was advised in my email, but over to Gate H, where there will be a separate queue for those needing Extra Help passes. I don't plan on arriving until after the doors open anyway, but I just need to make sure I have this correct as I do want to avoid a meltdown from my son. (Only ask as it seems to have changed from when I last attended two years ago.)

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, MrsEllacott said:

Ok, I know you have been asked this a few times, but I need to make sure I have understood. I have a regular Family ticket for both Saturday and Sunday. I also need to collect an Extra Help Pass as my son is autistic. I no longer go to the Gold Pass Entrance as was advised in my email, but over to Gate H, where there will be a separate queue for those needing Extra Help passes. I don't plan on arriving until after the doors open anyway, but I just need to make sure I have this correct as I do want to avoid a meltdown from my son. (Only ask as it seems to have changed from when I last attended two years ago.)

Correct.

2 hours ago, EmmainCandyland said:

Okay, soooo, I can't pick up my pass on Thursday... If I understand well, with a normal entry ticket, we start queuing toward the door H, and once we're inside, we get to pick up the diamond passes into the "Olympia Grand"? Also,can they be picked up any time throughout the day? I don't think I can come before 9am, how long does it usually take to get entry on a Friday?

Entry is very quick once the doors open and you can collect your tickets at any time during the day.  Ticket collection will be in the same hall we queue in.

4 hours ago, Briscoefilms said:

Fair play. My apologies. Missed that statement.

I suppose for entry tickets, it's done to prevent the tout/resale market. 1 person buys multiple and sells them for 5 times the price, which becomes the only way you can get tickets to the show etc.

It's OK, hope I wasn't coming across rude as wasn't intended.

Just seems odd you can allow people to pick up Diamond Passes yet not Gold, when the same incidents you mention could still happen to either & could be potential resale with those.  Just a little frustrating.

Again, apologies if I came off a bit cold. 

3 minutes ago, TMW_1987 said:

It's OK, hope I wasn't coming across rude as wasn't intended.

Just seems odd you can allow people to pick up Diamond Passes yet not Gold, when the same incidents you mention could still happen to either & could be potential resale with those.  Just a little frustrating.

Again, apologies if I came off a bit cold. 

Diamond Passes get a dog tag. Gold Passes get a wristband. That wristband needs to go to the Gold Pass owner's wrist I'm afraid. You won't find any event using wristbands that will just hand the band to you.

18 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Diamond Passes get a dog tag. Gold Passes get a wristband. That wristband needs to go to the Gold Pass owner's wrist I'm afraid. You won't find any event using wristbands that will just hand the band to you.

Then why not just do Tags for both?

Seems mind numbingly nonsensical to do two completely different things.

Because the Diamond Pass Tag is for one time use for one guest. There's holes punched in it for every activity. That is not possible for the Gold Pass as it's good throughout the weekend and not limited to a single guest. Doing that in dog tag form is too much potential for abuse, e.g. multiple attendees sharing one pass.

13 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

Not sure if it's been asked but when and where do we get prints?

I might be able to pick up my Alan Tudyk pass tomorrow, otherwise Friday morning.

Normally everything is given out at Pass Pickup. If that is not the case crew there will advise.

15 minutes ago, Lokinestro said:

So, I think I'm reading this correctly...when we get the Diamond Passes do we have to rejoin the queue at the back, or do we continue on to get our entry tickets scanned? 

Rejoin the Queue. The line won't be Held up if someone detours to get a pass.

9 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Normally everything is given out at Pass Pickup. If that is not the case crew there will advise.

Just a small note that last year the Thursday collection was passes only and any extras, like prints, had to be collected at some point over the weekend separately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

Just a small note that last year the Thursday collection was passes only and any extras, like prints, had to be collected at some point over the weekend separately.

Just in case this is common knowledge, i'll apologise now, but where would things like that usually be collected over the weekend?

1 minute ago, Briscoefilms said:

Just in case this is common knowledge, i'll apologise now, but where would things like that usually be collected over the weekend?

Last year it was at the diamond pass collection point in the queue hall. If they don't give you the extras at the Thursday pick up they should tell you where you can anyway.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, homerj said:

What time will the diamond Passes be available to collect on Friday?

They haven't said a time that the diamonds will start to be handed out on From/Sat/Sun but going from last year it should be well before they open doors at 9 to let everyone in.

5 minutes ago, superman01 said:

Sorry if I've missed answer to this but is early bird ticket queue still opposite  train station...... b entrance? Thank you

No. As the first post says, you enter through Gate H with non-Gold and non YLAC tickets. The map also in the first post Shows this is pretty much the opposite side of the venue.

• Like 1