Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

4 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I have posted about this "getting in early" issue, even with a Quote from TooTall. So AGAIN: Yes, the Office is aware that there were Problems last year. You will get in early this year. Came straight from TooTall.

If you don't want to pick up your Diamond Pass in the morning you can do so any time during the day. This System has been revamped too because the Office was also aware it did not work quite as well at Collectormania.

There's been no Response to the "Gold Pass holders are at the opposite end of the venue" complaints because I am sorry to say, there is no alternative. The venue only has a limited number of entrances. They got to work with what is available.

So can you confirm that ALL people in the Gold Pass queue will get be in before the normal line starts moving? And that the 5 minute window doesn't start when the FIRST Gold Pass holder enters?

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Photo ID is preferred.

What IDs would you have on Hand, and what stages you were thinking of? Gold Pass pickup for example a non-Picture ID would do as Long as you have the Card the order was paid with.

I had to ask as with my wheelchair (heavily paralysed) status I can't drive, and with my passport long expired (don't even get me started on when I last had a holiday!) I instantly lose two of the most common forms of photo ID.

I have a Citizen Card, the bank card I made all purchases with (including entry ticket), and I can bring a letter from my mother if it will help - really don't want to have to trudge around with my birth certificate if at all possible!:lol:

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BenJones90 said:

So can you confirm that ALL people in the Gold Pass queue will get be in before the normal line starts moving? And that the 5 minute window doesn't start when the FIRST Gold Pass holder enters?

Ben, all they can confirm is what Queen has already posted in here.  It's been stated that they have matters in hand and the Golds will be let in when they should.

2 minutes ago, BenJones90 said:

I was specifically told "they will get in first". No restrictions were applied to that sentence.

And this is how it always happened when I was in the normal entry Queue too.

2 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

I had to ask as with my wheelchair (heavily paralysed) status I can't drive, and with my passport long expired (don't even get me started on when I last had a holiday!) I instantly lose two of the most common forms of photo ID.

I have a Citizen Card, the bank card I made all purchases with (including entry ticket), and I can bring a letter from my mother if it will help - really don't want to have to trudge around with my birth certificate if at all possible!:lol:

Thanks for the link, I saved that for when that question Comes up next. :)

Citizen Card and Bank Card will definitely be sufficient. Maybe have your mom on Speed Dial on your phone in case of an emergency identification crisis. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:
5 minutes ago, BenJones90 said:

I was specifically told "they will get in first". No restrictions were applied to that sentence.

And this is how it always happened when I was in the normal entry Queue too.

Hi QS. I have a Gold Pass, but probably won't bother turning up until about 9:30 - 10ish each morning. Could you confirm that all general entry ticket holders will have to wait until I'm there before they are allowed in? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

Hi QS. I have a Gold Pass, but probably won't bother turning up until about 9:30 - 10ish each morning. Could you confirm that all general entry ticket holders will have to wait until I'm there before they are allowed in? 

You're the super Special Bear. I thought you dug your own entrance through your cave months ago.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Thanks for the link, I saved that for when that question Comes up next. :)

Citizen Card and Bank Card will definitely be sufficient. Maybe have your mom on Speed Dial on your phone in case of an emergency identification crisis. ;)

Will do, she'll be getting live updates from me anyway!:lol:

48 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

If you are getting the extra help stuff, then the bits you would use for that have your name on. I'm sure bus pass was mentioned as well and my disabled bus pass has my name and photo on, just as another option?

2 minutes ago, one of vicky's bfs said:

If you are getting the extra help stuff, then the bits you would use for that have your name on. I'm sure bus pass was mentioned as well and my disabled bus pass has my name and photo on, just as another option?

I'm providing a PIP support letter for that, which technically is not photo ID.

Don't even get me started on buses. Not only do I not have a bus pass, the last time I got on one I managed to break it - everyone had to get off… Don't ask, long story!:unsure:

5 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

I'm providing a PIP support letter for that, which technically is not photo ID.

Don't even get me started on buses. Not only do I not have a bus pass, the last time I got on one I managed to break it - everyone had to get off… Don't ask, long story!:unsure:

Shame in some ways that you are leaving the car at the train station else I would've suggested Blue Badge, that also shows our faces.

My local bus service are really good and I'm sure that at some point soon all buses and coaches have to be able to accommodate us. I may only have a manual wheelchair but I appreciate that an electric one is needed for others, but I can't think of the date of when they must all change.

Right, only skimmed to the end of this Topc, but it states in this Thread Gold Passes can be collected Thursday correct?

My friend is picking up his Gold & Diamond Passes & was gonna get my Gold Pass for me whilst there to save me messing about Friday morning grabbing it but I recevied the following e-mail from the shop e-mail address.

Hi Thomas

It's not possible to collect Gold Passes as they are wristbands and are applied to the customer's wrist. 

If it's just a Wristband surely I can put that on my own Wrist?

My friend was going to have my I.D. & Gold Pass eTicket on him for collection as well & he has my authorisation to get it if this is allowed.

Thanks.

Just now, TMW_1987 said:

Right, only skimmed to the end of this Topc, but it states in this Thread Gold Passes can be collected Thursday correct?

My friend is picking up his Gold & Diamond Passes & was gonna get my Gold Pass for me whilst there to save me messing about Friday morning grabbing it but I recevied the following e-mail from the shop e-mail address.

Hi Thomas

It's not possible to collect Gold Passes as they are wristbands and are applied to the customer's wrist. 

If it's just a Wristband surely I can put that on my own Wrist?

My friend was going to have my I.D. & Gold Pass eTicket on him for collection as well & he has my authorisation to get it if this is allowed.

Thanks.

They will not give your gold pass to your friend I'm afraid.  You have to be there to collect it.  SImple answer is that one of the reasons is to prevent reselling.

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

They will not give your gold pass to your friend I'm afraid.  You have to be there to collect it.  SImple answer is that one of the reasons is to prevent reselling.

Ha, as if I would resell such a thing & I don't think I'd be trusting someone with my only form of I.D. I own to pick up my Pass.

Bit ridiculous.

Don't see why there is a difference in letting people get Diamond Passses (Which could also be resold) for their friends but they can't get their Golds.

8 minutes ago, TMW_1987 said:

Ha, as if I would resell such a thing & I don't think I'd be trusting someone with my only form of I.D. I own to pick up my Pass.

Bit ridiculous.

Don't see why there is a difference in letting people get Diamond Passses (Which could also be resold) for their friends but they can't get their Golds.

What would happen if your friend then lost it, or was (god forbid) mugged? You'd want a replacement. Seems a logical set up to me.

• Moderators
Just now, homerj said:

It would have been more logical to send them like they used to with the tickets.

With the reliability of the postal service that caused more problems than it solved (also doesn't allow for last minute purchases)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Briscoefilms said:

What would happen if your friend then lost it, or was (god forbid) mugged? You'd want a replacement. Seems a logical set up to me.

That same incdent could happen to anybody though for those that ARE allowed to colelct things on behalf of others, so why exempt one over the other?

Just now, TMW_1987 said:

That same incdent could happen to anybody though for those that ARE allowed to colelct things on behalf of others, so why exempt one over the other?

My point being though, that the owner wouldn't have a loose wristband. That gets cut off, it's unusable. No one else able to use it, no resale, far less likely to be stolen. As far as I'm aware, no one can collect anything for anyone else. The cardholder has to be the person to collect the item.

3 minutes ago, Briscoefilms said:

My point being though, that the owner wouldn't have a loose wristband. That gets cut off, it's unusable. No one else able to use it, no resale, far less likely to be stolen. As far as I'm aware, no one can collect anything for anyone else. The cardholder has to be the person to collect the item.

IF YOU PICK UP DIAMOND PASSES FOR ANOTHER PERSON YOU WILL REQUIRE THEIR ORIGINAL PICTURE ID!! This means ID of the person given as ticket holder when placing the order.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, etmuse said:

With the reliability of the postal service that caused more problems than it solved (also doesn't allow for last minute purchases)

It would save on queuing time. Any ideas how the diamond pass queues are going to work this year - I have a few so hope I don't have a different queue for each pass.

I have bought 5 diamond passes , all on my card however...

3 are for my brother in his name (but my card details) (John Cleese , Alan Tudyk , Benedict Cumberbatch)

2 are for me in my name (card details also mine) (John Cleese , Alyson Hannigan)

Can I collect all 5 with my ID , because I paid for them , or does my brother need to collect his 3 with his ID ?

:)

29 minutes ago, TMW_1987 said:

IF YOU PICK UP DIAMOND PASSES FOR ANOTHER PERSON YOU WILL REQUIRE THEIR ORIGINAL PICTURE ID!! This means ID of the person given as ticket holder when placing the order.

Fair play. My apologies. Missed that statement.

I suppose for entry tickets, it's done to prevent the tout/resale market. 1 person buys multiple and sells them for 5 times the price, which becomes the only way you can get tickets to the show etc.

Edited by Briscoefilms

8 minutes ago, Briscoefilms said:

Fair play. My apologies. Missed that statement.

I suppose for entry tickets, it's done to prevent the tout/resale market. 1 person buys multiple and sells them for 5 times the price, which becomes the only way you can get tickets to the show etc.

That's indeed not the intention of SM that something like that happens ;)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

I have bought 5 diamond passes , all on my card however...

3 are for my brother in his name (but my card details) (John Cleese , Alan Tudyk , Benedict Cumberbatch)

2 are for me in my name (card details also mine) (John Cleese , Alyson Hannigan)

Can I collect all 5 with my ID , because I paid for them , or does my brother need to collect his 3 with his ID ?

:)

You can pick up all if your brother hands you over his ID for pickup.