Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

So, if I understand all correctly :

From the station,

on friday, I go on gate H to collect my diamond passes, (i have to pass a bag check for that)

then, I go out, i go back to gate B, to pick up my goldpass wristband, and then, I go in the goldpass queue (who is on Gate B too?)

13 minutes ago, john.bttf said:

So, if I understand all correctly :

From the station,

on friday, I go on gate H to collect my diamond passes, (i have to pass a bag check for that)

then, I go out, i go back to gate B, to pick up my goldpass wristband, and then, I go in the goldpass queue (who is on Gate B too?)

Yes that will work.

5 minutes ago, the collector said:

so when we are queuing up on the Friday morning, can we pick up our diamond passes (plural as I have 4 to pick up) then before the event opens?

We don't have confirmation of what time the collections desk is officially opening but hopefully by the wording yes.

11 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

We don't have confirmation of what time the collections desk is officially opening but hopefully by the wording yes.

just it would be more handy but if not then I will just go in and get virtual queues for the other guests I'm meeting then go back and get my diamond passes

2 hours ago, bundyse said:

If that is the case, SHOWMATERS have ignore all the complaints from last years event

It's nice that people are already complaining before anything happened. ;)

This was pointed out a lot last year. I also asked the office again when I came home.

EDIT: If I sound grumpy the reason is that I had planned to sleep a little after a headache and the phone rang where I was being yelled on because the store doesn't allow a ticket transfer. Seriously, our main phone is already unlisted. Those few on here who have my mobile number: if I ever find out you are spreading it around there will be consequences.

EDIT2 cause I managed to get hold of TooTall - everyone please thank TooTall for replying to a poor little mod at 9.45 PM in his spare time: They are aware of the queueing issue. I quote: "We know the issue. It will be different this year. They will get in early."

Hopefully that is good enough. ;)

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, The Pink Lady said:

@Queen_Sindel I'm sorry to be a pain, but one quick thing. I had sent the store an email authorising someone else to collect my diamond pass on Friday, and given that person a letter of authority to do so. This was a couple of days ago, but I haven't yet had any confirmation from them. When I saw your announcement earlier on today that it had moved to in-person pickup only, I immediately changed my travel plans so I could get to Olympia myself before 6pm on Friday, to collect my Saturday Diamond pass. 

Now I see that it's still possible for someone else to collect, though they must have my original ID. As it's not possible for me to arrange this in time, I will still need to collect in person.

My question is: do I need to email the store again to revoke the earlier arrangement, or do I just leave it? I'm anxious not to add to what must be a massive email backlog there, but I do want to make sure that pickup is still straightforward for both my friend, who won't now be collecting my pass, and for me when I get there later in the day. What would you advise? Thanks so much.

Just leave it as it is. Sorry for all the hassle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D4vem88 said:

So, with 18 different Diamond Passes, for collection, is there going to be 18 different lines? Or are we going to have the collectormania issue with one huge line and 2 people handing out passes? Only that I need my Alan Tudyk pass for the 1:35 photo shoot on Friday and can only pick my pass up on Friday, but have other activities planned before that. 

No details have been announced. But the office was aware that this was a big issue at CM and I do know that the system has been having major works done.

I'll admit confusion. My mum bought me a Diamond Pass, my name is on it. Whose ID do I need (in fairness we should both be there Thursday for collection), is it a problem we don't have photo ID? (Apart from Mum's bus pass!)

1 hour ago, BartyJnr said:

Wait, I'm confused. I don't have a diamond pass but I do have a access/extra help... so do I have to walk all the way around the place to get in? 

Yes, the Extra Help Entrance is not with the Gold Tickets this year.

I did check with the office and brought up that some attendees who require extra help have brought up concerns. The entrance was moved because of safety and security concerns. The number of extra help passes being issued does no longer allow two queues at the Gold Pass entrance without endangering the safety of attendees. The loading hall at the Main Entrance does allow two queues and has the extra room to safely spread out the queues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fissijo said:

I'll admit confusion. My mum bought me a Diamond Pass, my name is on it. Whose ID do I need (in fairness we should both be there Thursday for collection), is it a problem we don't have photo ID? (Apart from Mum's bus pass!)

The ticket is in your name. The ID of the person who was entered as ticket owner.

If there's really no other photo ID then a bus pass will work. At one Chevron one lady used her library card.

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The ticket is in your name. The ID of the person who was entered as ticket owner.

If there's really no other photo ID then a bus pass will work. At one Chevron one lady used her library card.

I have NO photo ID. None whatsoever. No Passport, no Driving License. Nothing. Am I not going to be able to get my pass then? (Mum paid for ticket, on her card, for me)

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I did check with the office and brought up that some attendees who require extra help have brought up concerns. The entrance was moved because of safety and security concerns. The number of extra help passes being issued does no longer allow two queues at the Gold Pass entrance without endangering the safety of attendees. The loading hall at the Main Entrance does allow two queues and has the extra room to safely spread out the queues.

So from the station, walk all the way to the main entrance... then what, just bypass the queue and walk in? Will it be an obvious queue system? And as I'm Weekend pass holder too, will the extra help desk have those to give me, and for the weekend will I still just bypass the queue to get in?

Sorry for the questions, I'm autistic so I like to be scheduled and sorted as much as possible before getting there as to not stress majorly. 

2 minutes ago, BartyJnr said:

So from the station, walk all the way to the main entrance... then what, just bypass the queue and walk in? Will it be an obvious queue system? And as I'm Weekend pass holder too, will the extra help desk have those to give me, and for the weekend will I still just bypass the queue to get in?

Sorry for the questions, I'm autistic so I like to be scheduled and sorted as much as possible before getting there as to not stress majorly. 

You shouldn't have to bypass the queue to get in as everyone will be queuing inside Barty.  Go in when you get there and speak to the crew, they should be able to direct you to where you need to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

You shouldn't have to bypass the queue to get in as everyone will be queuing inside Barty.  Go in when you get there and speak to the crew, they should be able to direct you to where you need to go.

Yes, this. Your pass gets scanned. Then you get inside a loading hall. This hall will have separate lines again as you are used to. Ask crew and they will direct you.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Thanks for this because I really was panicking (this is part of my issues), this explains it properly and makes it more acceptable and understandable. It does mean that it's a "longer walk" around the building from the Olympia Tube but, I have my Rollator with a seat lol... now I understand I can make plans to set off earlier to allow for my slow movements and needing to rest.

thank you again and I'm looking forward to the event :rolleyes:

The good thing too is even though the schedule is on V6 it doesn't seemed to have changed that much (well not for the people I'm hoping to meet anyway)

• Like 1

So it's basically the same as last year. Guests can either pick up their Diamond Passes on Thursday in advance or they can collect them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (depending on what days they have selected for their Diamond Pass Photo Shoots) at the Olympia West Main Entrance. Correct?

51 minutes ago, fissijo said:

I have NO photo ID. None whatsoever. No Passport, no Driving License. Nothing. Am I not going to be able to get my pass then? (Mum paid for ticket, on her card, for me)

EDIT: the ID of the person being entered of the ticket owner is required.

Do you have any ID without a photo?

Edited by Queen_Sindel

1 minute ago, Matt Thornton said:

So it's basically the same as last year. Guests can either pick up their Diamond Passes on Thursday in advance or they can collect them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (depending on what days they have selected for their Diamond Pass Photo Shoots) at the Olympia West Main Entrance. Correct?

Cross out the "depending on what days they have selected" yes. You are welcome to pick up a Diamond Pass with a photoshoot on Sunday on Friday if it suits your personal schedule.

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Cross out the "depending on what days they have selected" yes. You are welcome to pick up a Diamond Pass with a photoshoot on Sunday on Friday if it suits your personal schedule.

Excellent. I have Diamond Passes for Saturday and Sunday so I'll be able to pick up both sets on Saturday if I like?

Edited by Matt Thornton