Please help a newcomer to the London ComicCon!

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice/help on figuring out whether to do the photo shoot or autograph session with a few of the people.  From the way I read it, the photo shoot just gives you a professional photo in some booklet, but I am unaware if they will allow you to grab a photo with your phone as well during that time?  I just wanted to have my picture digitally as a hard copy would get damaged potentially over time.  OR if I get the autograph session, from the way I read it, I may or may not get a picture with the person depending on if they want to do pictures as well and if I do it will be them leaning over a table.  Is that correct?  It would be up to the discretion of the person, so I might just get the autograph and no picture.

Can someone help explain it to me?? Very grateful for your responses and suggestions. 

Cheers,

Ryan

Just now, RyanCM said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice/help on figuring out whether to do the photo shoot or autograph session with a few of the people.  From the way I read it, the photo shoot just gives you a professional photo in some booklet, but I am unaware if they will allow you to grab a photo with your phone as well during that time?  I just wanted to have my picture digitally as a hard copy would get damaged potentially over time.  OR if I get the autograph session, from the way I read it, I may or may not get a picture with the person depending on if they want to do pictures as well and if I do it will be them leaning over a table.  Is that correct?  It would be up to the discretion of the person, so I might just get the autograph and no picture.

Can someone help explain it to me?? Very grateful for your responses and suggestions. 

Cheers,

Ryan

It's mainly correct, the only thing is the photoshoot sessions won't give you time for a 'selfie' style photo as theses are for the professional photos, unless it's for a pose. ;)

As you said, you can ask for a selfie at their autograph desk if there are no signs up, but this will most likely mean you'd need to get an autograph while you're there.

Hope this helps. :smile:

Another thing is, if you buy a photo shoot, you will definitely get it, but if you go for the autograph, there is a chance you might not get it if you have a high virtual queue number and your number doesn't come up that day. Of course with the autograph you get a short time to interact with the guest (how much depends on the guests themselved; some talk a lot, others don't), whereas the photo shoot is "come in, photo, next".

7 minutes ago, one of vicky's bfs said:

If you get a photo shoot done with someone who you really want to keep in digital form, after the event Showmasters do put them up online. I think they cost though to download.

They do. usually £5 each to download.

Thanks everyone for the tips.  I've been looking around at the forums from last year, but not really seeing anything about the photos... I'll keep looking.  The person I really want to see is John Cleese and Cumberbatch, but I know that Benedict will be quite busy. 

2 hours ago, RyanCM said:

Thanks everyone for the tips.  I've been looking around at the forums from last year, but not really seeing anything about the photos... I'll keep looking.  The person I really want to see is John Cleese and Cumberbatch, but I know that Benedict will be quite busy. 

Unfortunately Ryan I don't think you will have much luck with those 2 guests.  Unless you have a Diamond for Cumberbatch the chances of getting into his autograph queue without a low VQ is almost non existent and even if you do he won't be doing selfies as he's going to be too busy.  Cleese as well I would be almost 100% certain won't be doing them either because he's only there for a day and is going to be very popular and busy.  There's also the comfort factor for him, I think he would find it physically uncomfortable at his age to be leaning in for selfies all day.

If your aim is to have a digital copy of your photo then as the others have said you can purchase it post event from the Showmasters library, alternatively you can just scan your hardcopy.

15 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Unfortunately Ryan I don't think you will have much luck with those 2 guests.  Unless you have a Diamond for Cumberbatch the chances of getting into his autograph queue without a low VQ is almost non existent and even if you do he won't be doing selfies as he's going to be too busy.  Cleese as well I would be almost 100% certain won't be doing them either because he's only there for a day and is going to be very popular and busy.  There's also the comfort factor for him, I think he would find it physically uncomfortable at his age to be leaning in for selfies all day.

If your aim is to have a digital copy of your photo then as the others have said you can purchase it post event from the Showmasters library, alternatively you can just scan your hardcopy.

Great.  appreciate the input.  Like I said, I am new to this and need help managing my expectations.  Seems like instead of getting in a queue for both to autograph, it would be better money spent to do a diamond pass for Cleese?  would you agree?

5 minutes ago, RyanCM said:

Great.  appreciate the input.  Like I said, I am new to this and need help managing my expectations.  Seems like instead of getting in a queue for both to autograph, it would be better money spent to do a diamond pass for Cleese?  would you agree?

I would say the diamond for Cleese is the best way to make sure you get his auto and a photo.

4 minutes ago, RyanCM said:

It's always tricky to advise because of the variable factors.  Cleese is only there for a day, he is a VERY rare guest and is going to be popular for a lot of franchises.  If you wanted to try and get him on a VQ ticket I would suggest getting to the venue as early as you possibly can and going straight to his VQ.  If you want the certainty of getting his auto then I would suggest the Diamond.