Toddler - Is there space for a pushchair?

Hello all,

Im hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has been to LFCC with a child/toddler before and whether they found there was space in the venue for a pushchair? and any other hints/tips you may have for me!

Thanks in advance!

Alan

Edited by bond359

There is room but people are not very forgiving. Took a pushchair one year and heard lots of muttered "why would you bring a baby."

Might have had something to do with the fact that it was the busiest comic con I have ever attended and you literally couldn't move. It has been a lot better the last 2 years.

As Raylenth says, we have wheelchair users, I was one last year. Something to bear in mind is that some areas are just so busy that a wheelchair or pushchair is quite low down compared to a person standing and so the amount of 'sorries' do stack up when others accidentally knock against you. Just be prepared for that.

8 hours ago, Stephen1985 said:

There is room but people are not very forgiving. Took a pushchair one year and heard lots of muttered "why would you bring a baby."

Might have had something to do with the fact that it was the busiest comic con I have ever attended and you literally couldn't move. It has been a lot better the last 2 years.

Ah was that at Earls Court. Think we attended that one and it was very hectic and boiling hot. I had a feeling people wouldn't be too forgiving. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, one of vicky's bfs said:

As Raylenth says, we have wheelchair users, I was one last year. Something to bear in mind is that some areas are just so busy that a wheelchair or pushchair is quite low down compared to a person standing and so the amount of 'sorries' do stack up when others accidentally knock against you. Just be prepared for that.

Yeah I had a feeling some bits would be a real struggle. Plus I think we would hit ankles in some bits too. Thanks. 

I would be most worried about people falling into my child's buggy and hurting my child. Many people have no manners at all and are in such a rush to get somewhere they will never see a push chair or pram and I would just be worried of someone ending up in it.

It can be extraordinarily busy at times, even I can struggle to get past people, never mind with a buggy. Some areas are blocked with hundreds of people loitering and you can be stuck for a bit, again never mind with a buggy.

All I can say is good luck :-D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cavs said:

I took a pushchair in 2015 to Olympia was fine. V.busy but no comments from other visitors or bumps. Quite handy for loading up with merch as well tbh! 

omg i still have nightmares about how crowded 2015 was!!!   how did you cope with a pushchair....i barely coped and i was walking around with just a medium bag over my shoulder.     2015 was way too crowded mainly due to full venue nit being able to be accessed.   stairs were a nightmare.

50 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

omg i still have nightmares about how crowded 2015 was!!!   how did you cope with a pushchair....i barely coped and i was walking around with just a medium bag over my shoulder.     2015 was way too crowded mainly due to full venue nit being able to be accessed.   stairs were a nightmare.

2015 was almost my last con. Much better last year tho.

6 minutes ago, Stephen1985 said:

2015 was almost my last con. Much better last year tho.

Omg me too almost last.    2015 it was a toss up between dehydrating so didnt need to wee or hydrating and fighting to get to toilets.   I remember almost crying in queue for toilet after queueing in MJF photo queue for ages.   Not a good experience.