Latest Guest Announcement - NATALIE DORMER

5 minutes ago, Briscoefilms said:

Do we honestly expect her not to reach VQ tickets on autos? Has that ever happened at an event before?!

I would think that she would and would be surprised if she didn't but like with everything it's totally unknown.

8 minutes ago, Briscoefilms said:

Do we honestly expect her not to reach VQ tickets on autos? Has that ever happened at an event before?!

Yes, it has happened. Robert Englund. Sigourney Weaver only saw a handful of VQ ticket holders. Christopher Lloyd even less.

I think after most of us were ridiculously wrong with predicting Christopher's line back then we all decided to stay on the cautious side. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, it has happened. Robert Englund. Sigourney Weaver only saw a handful of VQ ticket holders. Christopher Lloyd even less.

I think after most of us were ridiculously wrong with predicting Christopher's line back then we all decided to stay on the cautious side. :lol:

I remember the Sigourney trouble oh too well, but didn't know how many VQ she got through. My number 3 and four hours sat by her door served me well Lmao

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Litafan83 said:

Does anyone know if natalie does photoshoot hugs ?. I know some guests do 

I am not sure.. however i'd take lead from seeing what happens with peoples photos that are in front of you and also advice from crew who will advise if no touching etc.   some guests are more tactile and love hugs etc she maybe one of them or you get some that arent as tactile so take lead from photos you see ahead of yours and crew advice :)    hopefully she will be a hugger

Edited by HeartDT
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

I am not sure.. however i'd take lead from seeing what happens with peoples photos that are in front of you and also advice from crew who will advise if no touching etc.   some guests are more tactile and love hugs etc she maybe one of them or you get some that arent as tactile so take lead from photos you see ahead of yours and crew advice :)    hopefully she will be a hugger

Yes i do know some guests don't like touching, so i will take your advice and ask the crew on the day. I like it when guests are nice and they love their fans, i hope she will be a hugger too :)

1 minute ago, Litafan83 said:

Yes i do know some guests don't like touching, so i will take your advice and ask the crew on the day. I like it when guests are nice and they love their fans, i hope she will be a hugger too :)

the many I have met have been fab and actually initiate the hug... john barrowman is a big hugger lol   squeezed me so tight lol   out of the many I have met only 1 has been no touch which is not bad going and all the rest have been really great and friendly and happy to hug :)

• Like 1

So as it turned out, despite only being able to attend today, I managed to get both my auto and photo sorted with the diamond pass. Think it helped that all diamond passes were called straight away rather than by number, for the auto.

So panic over but will make sure I attend all 3 days next year so there's no risk. 

Ps Natalie was lovely. Enjoy to those meeting her tomorrow. 

managed to get my poster signed first thing this morning , she loved the pic , to which I replied (cheese alert) yes me too as it's got you in it , she let out the dirtiest giggle ever and said noooo was a fab photographer on that shoot , hello again she said at the photo shoot later in the afternoon , all credit for heR remembering ! Loved her :wub:

• Like 2

Ok, to give some feedback on my experience after asking a question previously....

I came solely to get stuff signed by Natalie. I didn't want a photoshoot because I didn't want my ugly mug spoiling it. I arrived at around 8am to discover a huge queue already. Just before 9am I was pretty much decided I was too old for this sort of thing now & wouldn't come to a big con again. When we were let in, I headed for the vq tickets. Couldn't find Natalie's queue initially but eventually got there & was given 331 IIRC.

So, I could relax for a bit, spend money on more GOT funkos that I don't have room for, & pop back in a few hours & see where she was upto. So I popped back at lunchtime & she hadn't appeared to have done past 50 according to the board. So calculating how long it would take to sign all the people before me, I asked the guy if there was any point & he said I could try around 4-5pm as it was a possibility. It was too late to pay stupid money for a diamond ticket just to get an auto at this point, so I left the place for a while. I decided to head home around 3:30 as there was no way I'd get anything signed, but thought I'd just pop back & double check given I'd spent the whole day there already, & yet the board was showing up to 400! I think I actually just beat a tea cutoff by a few minutes, & of course having not expected to get anything signed, I made a complete pigs ear of it, giving her the wrong poster initially, after the poor lady somehow managed to perfectly sign the head of my Queen Margaery funko. Poor Conleith had to help hold down the poster for her to sign anyway, so I apologise to the people behind me for taking so damn long.

Definitely think next year we should ideally have a separate DormerCon, but failing that, can you get her back again so I can get another poster signed as I decided more than 3 autos from her was just insanity,though as I walked away,I wish I'd added just 1 more :( 

So, after all that, I went away buzzing, & I still am. So thank you for getting her, & shows a bit of perseverance can pay off.

• Like 1