Latest Guest Announcement - KEVIN SMITH

wow thank you showmasters!! This is a huge announcement for me, been a massive fan of this guy since I first watched clerks back in the day , iv just ordered the clerks steelbook to hopefully get signed .

WOW, Thank you showmasters.......thank you soooo much. I love Kevins work but, I know you've had Jason Mewes over a few times, I never thought I'd get to meet him. I've never moved as fast in my life as I did to book the photoshoot. I'm probably going to get an autograph on the day as well. Honestly you all just keep pulling the rabbits out of the hat with these events. I take my hat off to you all. I am so excited for the show now Kevin Smith and Tobe Hooper.......2 of my favourite directors.

• Like 1

Probably quite busy but just go and get a VQ for him as soon as you get in and as long as you are there all day, keep checking back to see where they have got to and you stand a reasonable chance of seeing him.

Edited by Raylenth

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Probably quite busy but just go and get a VQ for him as soon as you get in and as long as you are there all day, keep checking back to see where they have got to and you stand a reasonable chance of seeing him.

Thank you :)

So you've had a post about a live recording of "Fatman on Batman" on the website for a while now but on your ticket section I can only see one talk for Kevin Smith, is this the one? If not can someone point me towards where the podcast recording tickets are on sale?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Calzaki said:

So you've had a post about a live recording of "Fatman on Batman" on the website for a while now but on your ticket section I can only see one talk for Kevin Smith, is this the one? If not can someone point me towards where the podcast recording tickets are on sale?

If there aren't any tickets in the store it may be free to attend in which case they will announce when it is when they publish the schedule.  If it is free, you just go and queue for entry at the appropriate time.

Edited by Raylenth

1 minute ago, benweblight said:

Is Kevin's talk going to be in a standard 45min slot?

he has been known to spend 45mins answering one question.....

Nothing has been said to say otherwise. I'm sure he will be aware of the amount of time he has, and will work with it. But I know what you mean!

I love that you've got an an image of Kevin with Bruce Willis from Die Hard as one of the pre-order images

Mr Willis who he has a longtime grudge of sorts with after directing him in Cop Out :lol: 

Will be interesting to see how he signs those ones.

Edited by benweblight

On 06/07/2017 at 1:27 PM, Wrong Name said:

Nothing has been said to say otherwise. I'm sure he will be aware of the amount of time he has, and will work with it. But I know what you mean!

Based on Kevins Long form Q and A style... And how well known and popular these events have been in the past I'm suprised Showmasters havent orrganised a full on Q and A evening... Should be easy enough to do assuming they could arrange a limited opening in the evening after 'closing' as they'll have the large Q and A area set up and could sell it as its own seperate event in a way. Only reason I could think of against it it Olympia management not wanting to keep the doors open and py their stff nut in trm of showmasters if they already have a guedt who cn attract a large audience for a full evening, already have a stage and several hundred chairs set up and empty over night etc...

• Like 1