Latest Guest Announcement - BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH

3 minutes ago, dogsoldierspoon said:

Not having much experience with photoshoots, I'm wondering how much time goes into doing 20 something batches :huh: Is it safe to assume that most of his time will probably be spend at the photoshoot?

The crew can pretty much go at lightning speed at the shoots if they have to. Photoshoots generally go way faster than autographs. I don't think photoshoot batches ever went that high. But yeah, it will be a pretty long shoot.

• Like 1

Have to say I'm getting a bit concerned that the amount of photo shoots being sold is going to severely limit other activities and mean the shoots are so fast you don't have time to even breath let alone ask for a pose.

Yeah, I've had the same thought, it's bound to be wear down both the crew and Benedict to have a good 2400 photos taken, plus the Diamonds (if each batch has 100), but as QS has said, the team can be very quick with the photos. There's always the (small) chance there'll be 3 shoots in the day, even if it limits his signing time.

1 batch - 10 mins (and that's probably rushing it) so 28 batches = 4 hours 40 minutes in photoshoots.

1 hour for the talk

1 hour for lunch and breaks

2 hours 20 for signing.

Blimey.

I know they know what they are doing but it's looking pretty tight.

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

David said on Twitter recently there were 100.  If it's only 50 in this case that does change things drastically.

Ahh ok, I was always under the impression there was 50 in a batch. In that case that's a lot more than I originally thought!

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I know they know what they are doing but it's looking pretty tight.

Yeah, I'm sure they do. I know they can't say anything but SM might even cap the amount of Diamond Passes sold to free up some time. (Sorry if that last bit's not ok, mods)

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

With just general admission and a regular photo shoot booked, I think it's safe to say I won't be getting a Dr.Strange poster signed :(

you can still upgrade to a diamond if you can Saul

Initially brought just a photo shoot but caved in and upgraded to a diamond pass as know I'll regret it if I let the opportunity pass me by, yes it's a little more expensive than I'd like to pay but I think it will help massively on the day removing some stress. Plus his body of work is amazing.

just hope no more big announcements as I'm skint lol. But I'm happy if this is all I can afford as it's all relative at the end of the day.

just hope my Saturday is doable as have Diamonds for Steven Yeun, John Cleese, Conleth Hill and now Benedict plus a photo op with Derek Jacobi. Am reluctant to add anyone else to the list due to time constraints and fear of missing out on an auto or photo.

Am beyond excited for meeting Sherlock/Dr Strange himself though!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blink83 said:

Initially brought just a photo shoot but caved in and upgraded to a diamond pass as know I'll regret it if I let the opportunity pass me by, yes it's a little more expensive than I'd like to pay but I think it will help massively on the day removing some stress. Plus his body of work is amazing.

just hope no more big announcements as I'm skint lol. But I'm happy if this is all I can afford as it's all relative at the end of the day.

just hope my Saturday is doable as have Diamonds for Steven Yeun, John Cleese, Conleth Hill and now Benedict plus a photo op with Derek Jacobi. Am reluctant to add anyone else to the list due to time constraints and fear of missing out on an auto or photo.

Am beyond excited for meeting Sherlock/Dr Strange himself though!

I don't think I would add any more to that list either, don't forget the talks as well

I'm gonna put this out there and say based on the info worked out earlier in this discussion. If you haven't bought a diamond pass you won't meet him there is no way with 16 batches of photo shoots that a vq ticket alone will get you an auto plus lunch talk etc.