Latest Guest Announcement - BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH

I think I can explain the 'no touching' thing with Benedict. As somebody else said, he was confused why people were hugging Mads and not touching him. And the crew had indeed told people not to touch Benedict because he had been 'touched inappropriately' earlier that day. I think someone heard him say 'I didn't say 'no touching', I just don't want to be groped!'. So I have a feeling some fans got handsy and things were awkward after that, at least for a little while. 

24 minutes ago, D4vem88 said:

I was just annoyed that in the Mads/Ben duo, both Mads and Ben were talking to each other over the attendees as we went up for our photos and didn't acknowledge us. For £135 I kinda expect a 'hello'. 

You may just have been unlucky D, they may just have been having a quick chat/break/moment as every time I went through I was acknowledged, in the solo and double shots.

Maybe one wanted to say something that if they didn't do it then they wouldn't get the chance as they would then be off again doing other things.  I know it must have been disappointing though.

Edited by Raylenth

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

You may just have been unlucky D, they may just have been having a quick chat/break/moment as every time I went through I was acknowledged, in the solo and double shots.

Maybe one wanted to say something that if they didn't do it then they wouldn't get the chance as they would then be off again doing other things.  I know it must have been disappointing though.

It was at the start of the duo shoot, and they were talking across everyone at the time. I like my resulting picture, but the experience wasn't great. 

zW5clYi.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lushchicken said:

I think I can explain the 'no touching' thing with Benedict. As somebody else said, he was confused why people were hugging Mads and not touching him. And the crew had indeed told people not to touch Benedict because he had been 'touched inappropriately' earlier that day. I think someone heard him say 'I didn't say 'no touching', I just don't want to be groped!'. So I have a feeling some fans got handsy and things were awkward after that, at least for a little while. 

That is so uncalled for, there's no need for anyone to grope another person, it's disrespectful. BC doesn't need to do these conventions, I love that he does, but he can easily stop if a few are getting inappropriate.

• Like 1

My experience with Benedict was pretty good, I think that's largely due to the fact though that I approached him in a calm manner, there were like 10 squealing girls in front of me, (not saying there's anything wrong with enthusiasm) but I can imagine it must be a bit daunting for him.
I came over to take my photo and I shuck his hand and I said nice to meet you, he asked me my name and replied "it's nice to meet you too Tom" in a very relaxed way.
He put his hand on my shoulder and struck a pointing pose without me asking. Really nice guy.
So from what I gather, I think if some guests are just too "over the top" he's a lot more aloof. 

Edited by TomOneGone
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 29/7/2017 at 9:44 PM, Diabolik said:

Managed to get into see Benedict first thing today on arrival at about 9.05am and he was already at the table signing away - what a pro!

Got my prints and violin signed and asked him if he'd pose with it in the photo shoot which he gladly agreed. About an hour later, on walking into the photo area, he recognized me and held the violin as I feigned putting my fingers in my ears and the look he is giving me in the photo is priceless! I obviously didn't see him do it at the time as I was looking into the camera, but I heard everyone laughing in the line, and when I collected the print I just cracked up! (If I can upload the shot I will).

Topped off the day by attending the talk and getting to ask him about whether he would be up for auditioning for Bond if the call went out, cue some cheering from the assembled crowd- "no comment" was the careful (wise) response!

All in all a great series of interactions with Benedict through the day! What a great guy and thanks to SM for getting him to attend!

I assume this is the one?

http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Benedict-Cumberbatch-gallery/G0000qreKv3JxdbQ/I0000em0vJXA69Z4/C0000lH6DX49gzYE

It's awesome :D:D

• Like 1