Latest Guest Announcement - BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, andyfilm_1 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but just want to clarify.

At the talk, can we video/take photos of Cumberbatch as he enters the stage and then stop when the interview starts?

Thanks

Won't know this until the day itself, photography is normally permitted at the start of the talk only.

As below, filming will not be permitted,

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, andyfilm_1 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but just want to clarify.

At the talk, can we video/take photos of Cumberbatch as he enters the stage and then stop when the interview starts?

Thanks

From the FAQ: "The use of video cameras is permitted in the dealers area, although we would advise asking someone's permission before filming them. All we ask is that you use your discretion and not film anyone that doesn't want to be filmed (this goes for fans, staff and dealers as well as guests). Videoing is NOT allowed into guest talks. This is for a number of reasons both legal and practical."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

I'm There all day saturday, you can ask me, I'll do it happilly ;)

I love you for that! Too bad the posts had to be deleted because some bad people spoil it for all others. You seem to be a LFCC veteran. I could need some  other advices but I can't send you a message. Please would you write me an email? Steffi_lehr@yahoo.de

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .Scaramouche. said:

I love you for that! Too bad the posts had to be deleted because some bad people spoil it for all others. You seem to be a LFCC veteran. I could need some  other advices but I can't send you a message. Please would you write me an email? Steffi_lehr@yahoo.de

I'll reply in German seeing that seems to be her native language. ;)

PMs sind hier abgeschaltet, eben aus denselben Gründen, warum ich leider die Posts löschen muste.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the collector said:

hi there on Saturday I have diamond passes for Benedict Cumberbatch and Steven yeun but the photoshoots in the morning clash slightly, how should I go about this?

Please keep such questions to the schedule thread. If these are spread out all over the forum they may get missed, especially if they are posted in an announcement topic.

You have no clash, you have a slight overlap only. Go to Steven and then to Benedict. Nothing to worry about.

Quick question... I checked the FAQ but didn't see this scenario. 

I was only able to get a Saturday PM entry ticket.  Would I be able to show up early to attempt for a VT for Bennedict even though I do not have the morning entry?  I know, I know it is a LONGSHOT at best for a chance to even get a signature, but I'd like to give it a go nonetheless. 

Am I able to get a VT without an entry for the morning? 

Just now, RyanCM said:

Quick question... I checked the FAQ but didn't see this scenario. 

I was only able to get a Saturday PM entry ticket.  Would I be able to show up early to attempt for a VT for Bennedict even though I do not have the morning entry?  I know, I know it is a LONGSHOT at best for a chance to even get a signature, but I'd like to give it a go nonetheless. 

Am I able to get a VT without an entry for the morning? 

If you have read the FAQ you will know that the VQ tickets are handed out at the signing lines. Without an non-afternoon entry ticket you will not even get Close to the signing lines in the morning.

So that answer is a solid "no".

15 minutes ago, Paul19802017 said:

I have a diamond pass but just want to know will my wife be able to queue with me for the photo and autograph or will he be in his own area only accessed by people with tickets/passes? 

No, the Diamond Pass is for one Person only. It would be the same if Benedict would not have his own area (which he very likely will have).

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If you have read the FAQ you will know that the VQ tickets are handed out at the signing lines. Without an non-afternoon entry ticket you will not even get Close to the signing lines in the morning.

So that answer is a solid "no".

thanks.  I did read it, but the floorplan wasn't conclusive to me to see if you could at least go to a queue to grab the VQ ticket.  Sorry for the question.

1 hour ago, RyanCM said:

thanks.  I did read it, but the floorplan wasn't conclusive to me to see if you could at least go to a queue to grab the VQ ticket.  Sorry for the question.

Ryan, the VQ's are handed out at the guests desk as explained in the FAQ and therefore inside.  You need a valid ticket to get inside ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Laura03 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm in batch 28 of the BC Photo-Op tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows how many people are in each batch? just so I can judge how quickly they go through? 

thankyou 

That's the last batch.

I'd try checking maybe half an hour before the session ends.

Managed to get into see Benedict first thing today on arrival at about 9.05am and he was already at the table signing away - what a pro!

Got my prints and violin signed and asked him if he'd pose with it in the photo shoot which he gladly agreed. About an hour later, on walking into the photo area, he recognized me and held the violin as I feigned putting my fingers in my ears and the look he is giving me in the photo is priceless! I obviously didn't see him do it at the time as I was looking into the camera, but I heard everyone laughing in the line, and when I collected the print I just cracked up! (If I can upload the shot I will).

Topped off the day by attending the talk and getting to ask him about whether he would be up for auditioning for Bond if the call went out, cue some cheering from the assembled crowd- "no comment" was the careful (wise) response!

All in all a great series of interactions with Benedict through the day! What a great guy and thanks to SM for getting him to attend!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

Managed to get into see Benedict first thing today on arrival at about 9.05am and he was already at the table signing away - what a pro!

Got my prints and violin signed and asked him if he'd pose with it in the photo shoot which he gladly agreed. About an hour later, on walking into the photo area, he recognized me and held the violin as I feigned putting my fingers in my ears and the look he is giving me in the photo is priceless! I obviously didn't see him do it at the time as I was looking into the camera, but I heard everyone laughing in the line, and when I collected the print I just cracked up! (If I can upload the shot I will).

Topped off the day by attending the talk and getting to ask him about whether he would be up for auditioning for Bond if the call went out, cue some cheering from the assembled crowd- "no comment" was the careful (wise) response!

All in all a great series of interactions with Benedict through the day! What a great guy and thanks to SM for getting him to attend!

If you don't figure it out please let me know and I'll drop you a line by e-mail. I can bypass the "no image uploading" thing on the forum.

I can't do it regularly, but I will make an exception in that case. I think we would all love to see that photo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If you don't figure it out please let me know and I'll drop you a line by e-mail. I can bypass the "no image uploading" thing on the forum.

I can't do it regularly, but I will make an exception in that case. I think we would all love to see that photo.

Love it when you luck out and get an extra fab photo... my terence stamp one today i was worried just the second after I got it done as I thought i'd made a weird face right at the photo being taken but it is the best photk i have had yet at one of these cons.  i love it.  even the person behind me as I just got handed my photo even commented it was a great photo.  made me beam all  day thinking about it :)