Which Alien film is the best?

The Friendly Dalek

Prometheus vs Alien: Covenant vs Alien vs Aliens vs Alien 3 vs Alien: Resurrection   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Prometheus
    • Alien: Covenant
    • Alien
    • Aliens
    • Alien 3
    • Alien: Resurrection

Depends on what you want out of an Alien film. The first is the best suspense/Horror/Thriller. Aliens is the best action movie. The third was somewhere in between but didn't work as well. The forth was trying to be more like Aliens but just didn't work nearly as well. There are no other Alien movies. So it's between 1 and 2 but they are completely different types of films and I love them both equally for what they are.

• Like 3

Just now, Wrong Name said:

Depends on what you want out of an Alien film. The first is the best suspense/Horror/Thriller. Aliens is the best action movie. The third was somewhere in between but didn't work as well. The forth was trying to be more like Aliens but just didn't work nearly as well. There are no other Alien movies. So it's between 1 and 2 but they are completely different types of films and I love them both equally for what they are.

I agree that they are all different, and I actually love them all (I include Prometheus and Covenant in that). I wondered which version different people preferred. I included Prometheus because it is technically  in the universe.

Alien and Aliens are both "5 star" movies- a great horror movie and a great war film respectively.

Alien 3 is a decent film but suffers from a lack of action and its unrelentingly bleak tone.

Alien Resurrection is my least favourite; there are some good performances and set-pieces, but it had a weird comedic element that jarred with me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Personally I think the bleak tone helps the film. :D

I get where you're coming from but its grimness wore me down.

As for Prometheus, I really like this movie and have watched it many times on Blu-ray.

I enjoyed Covenant but it lacked originality.

• Like 1

I like all the films for different reasons.  Except Covenant.  Covenant can go jump.

1 & 2 are definitely the best though.  I've probably watched 2 more than 1 because I do like the action better but that in no way detracts from the suspense and tension of 1.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, misssaigonaddict said:

No offence to anyone I like covenant so far I think it's explained my problems around each on on the xenomophs on how they where created I could never get my head around wat the movies where about but I do like the ones with sigourney weaver.but my most favourite alien movie is the first one plus in October on my birthday I will be getting the alien collection for my blu rays I am starting a blu Ray collection plus wen I move I am clearing all my DVDs to CEX as they are using so much room I am a big movie collector my self. 

My main other reason why I like covenant because I am a massive fan of Michael fassbender and Katherine waterston I think my worst of all alien movies is alien resurrection alien 3 and Prometheus 

It's difficult to disagree with any of this.

4 hours ago, misssaigonaddict said:

No offence to anyone I like covenant so far I think it's explained my problems around each on on the xenomophs on how they where created I could never get my head around wat the movies where about but I do like the ones with sigourney weaver.but my most favourite alien movie is the first one plus in October on my birthday I will be getting the alien collection for my blu rays I am starting a blu Ray collection plus wen I move I am clearing all my DVDs to CEX as they are using so much room I am a big movie collector my self. 

My main other reason why I like covenant because I am a massive fan of Michael fassbender and Katherine waterston I think my worst of all alien movies is alien resurrection alien 3 and Prometheus 

I wasn't a fan of the third Alien film, either, to be honest.  I haven't seen Alien: Covenant yet, but I do plan on seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I always liked Aliens. Mostly because this is the first one I watched (stumbled upon my brother watching). I always liked it because of the more memorable scenes like Bishop's knife trick and the "get away from her you b***" line :lol:

• Like 1