Latest Event Announcement - Destination Star Trek Birmingham

StuartG2198

16 months in advance? Wow. I was thinking and planning on the next one being around then, so it is fine by me. 

Just please, please, please: ask SM staff to stage announcements (as best they can) so we get "regular" updates rather than going dark for three months like last time. 

• 3 weeks later...

He's been announced Daniel, but due to contractual reasons with another event he is attending Destination cannot advertise him until that event has happened.  It only came to light after Shatner was announced for Destination, hence the oddness of this.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2017 at 8:15 PM, Paulionassus said:

So excited for this!!! 16 months notice is brilliant. I had a Lieutenant pass last October but would love to have a Commander pass this time. I have some saving to do!! Haha.

I am thinking of getting lieutenant passes for myself and my husband (no point getting the commander ones as we don't collect autographs) would you say it's worth based on your experiences? Thanks :) 

On 18/07/2017 at 7:05 AM, extremeladders said:

I am thinking of getting lieutenant passes for myself and my husband (no point getting the commander ones as we don't collect autographs) would you say it's worth based on your experiences? Thanks :) 

Plenty of time to consider getting one. What I've suggested to others asking the same question is to build up a wishlist of things you'd like to do, see or get as they are announced. Once you have a bit more of an idea of that, compare it against the packages and see if one represents value for money to you, along with things like preferential seating/queue access the higher up you go.

Asking whether it is worth it or not is completely subjective - just because it is for someone else doesn't necessarily mean that it will be for you.

Me personally: though I spent almost the equivalent of the captain package last time, because I:

• was after specific photos and autographs
  • get extra help with queues and seating as I use a wheelchair
  • wasn't fussed about going to the parties or the opening ceremony

I ended up going for a standard 3 day ticket and bought all other items separately. That worked fine for me and I know it does for many others. Equally, as I was immediately behind those with Admiral packages, despite the cost they all told me they had a fabulous experience and would recommend doing it if you can afford it.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, robmoriarty said:

Plenty of time to consider getting one. What I've suggested to others asking the same question is to build up a wishlist of things you'd like to do, see or get as they are announced. Once you have a bit more of an idea of that, compare it against the packages and see if one represents value for money to you, along with things like preferential seating/queue access the higher up you go.

Asking whether it is worth it or not is completely subjective - just because it is for someone else doesn't necessarily mean that it will be for you.

Me personally: though I spent almost the equivalent of the captain package last time, because I:

• was after specific photos and autographs
  • get extra help with queues and seating as I use a wheelchair
  • wasn't fussed about going to the parties or the opening ceremony

I ended up going for a standard 3 day ticket and bought all other items separately. That worked fine for me and I know it does for many others. Equally, as I was immediately behind those with Admiral packages, despite the cost they all told me they had a fabulous experience and would recommend doing it if you can afford it.

Thank you very much for your advice :) I will keep checking to see which bits we would like to do and then compare it to the packages :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • StuartG2198 featured this topic
  • 2 months later...