Can more than one person meet a guest but only pay one autograph?

I've never been to LFCC before but at conventions I've been to before I've been able to pay for one autograph but both me & whoever I am with can meet the guest at the same time but only get one autograph. 

Is this something that is allowed? For example I am a Hyde fan of Steven Yeun & I am most likely going to cry, I'm going with my mum but she doesn't want an autograph but I want her to come up to meet him with me so she can talk while I cry? 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you? if you're like a teenager or something it might be allowed. my career comes with me sometimes as i have to lean on her or she explains why i can't talk much if i go to get something signed at the very end of the day and im in too much pain to talk. I guess it's all just about the rules of certain guests. like colin baker doesn't mind more then one person chatting to him and i even go to him when he's got no one and chat to him when i don't get an auto cause i want him to know how much i appreciate his work. iv'e done this with lots of actors and they seem to like the chance to chat but i only ONLY do it when they are not busy and look actually bored out of their heads waiting for people heh

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

As long as one of you is paying that is fine. But for Steven you will both Need a Virtual Queue Ticket then.

At Collectormania, when I was in Dean Cain's queue which was - wait for it - super busy, they were making those who were not getting the auto stand to one side just to keep the numbers down. They were still within talking distance though. I don't think this is the norm, but as Steven will likely be - wait for it - dead busy, it's something those in charge of the queue may consider doing.

• Like 7

I often queue with a friend of mine at events when he is getting autos as at times he can get a little tongue-tied and it helps to keep a conversation flowing. We have never spent more than a couple of minutes with any guest, and less if they are busy, but there has never been any problems before now. However, there is nothing that says this will be the case ad infinitum but it's been OK so far.

24 minutes ago, natedammit said:

At Collectormania, when I was in Dean Cain's queue which was - wait for it - super busy, they were making those who were not getting the auto stand to one side just to keep the numbers down. They were still within talking distance though. I don't think this is the norm, but as Steven will likely be - wait for it - dead busy, it's something those in charge of the queue may consider doing.

Steven has a Diamond Pass in the first place...

Of course what is written in the FAQ in this aspect can and will never be guaranteed. But if Kirsten is as Young as she sounds and she starts crying no one will Keep the mother away from her daughter. Not from crew side, and the mom may have something to say there too. My mom doesn't even speak English and would come charging.

13 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Of course what is written in the FAQ in this aspect can and will never be guaranteed. But if Kirsten is as Young as she sounds and she starts crying no one will Keep the mother away from her daughter. Not from crew side, and the mom may have something to say there too. My mom doesn't even speak English and would come charging.

Yeah, but me puns were good though right? 

• Like 2

I'm 20 haha but I've literally been in love with Steven since the first season of The Walking Dead, he's literally the only reason I am travelling down to go! 

I was just wondering as my mum isnt as big as big a fan of him as I am of course but when we went to another convention we don't have any problems queing together but just getting one autograph between us so I just wanted to double check that this may possibly be the case here. 

Thank you for you comments they have helped. 

Edited by Kirsten

2 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

You might want to remove the mention of the other convention there, Kirsten, as it's against forum rules to mention other conventions! :smile:

Oh sorry I never realised, sorry! 

A few people in the queue in front of me (for various guests) at Collectormania seemed to be in groups, only purchasing one autograph despite there being 2-4 people. At last year's LFCC, my dad tagged along with me while I went to meet guests even though he wasn't getting autographs. He just queued with me and made sure to tell crew members he was with me if they asked and all was fine. You should be okay! :)

35 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

A few people in the queue in front of me (for various guests) at Collectormania seemed to be in groups, only purchasing one autograph despite there being 2-4 people. At last year's LFCC, my dad tagged along with me while I went to meet guests even though he wasn't getting autographs. He just queued with me and made sure to tell crew members he was with me if they asked and all was fine. You should be okay! :)

Thank you! I wasn't sure how it worked and was afraid I couldn't stand with my mum in the queues! 

19 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Believe me, I'm a 40 year old fella and cried when I met Dean Cain (not particularly my proudest moment I have to admit...)

In all seriousness though, speaking as a crew member who often directs the queueing, I would attempt to ask anyone not actively getting an autograph to stand slightly to one side (only by a couple of feet), just enough to be able to guage how many people are in the queue, who is there for the autograph, who is accompanying or just there to take a photo whilst the guest signs.

It will be fine :)

Edited by ptenbob
I'm a doofus and submitted too early

I remember last year I brought my friend with me as she really wanted to meet Tobin Bell and Kim Coates.

Though she was the only two of us who wanted to go up to get Kim's autograph, there was no objection towards me going up there with her just to say "Hello". Granted it wasn't too busy at the time so perhaps that's why no one really objected.

But I wouldn't take my word for it.

My mum always queues with me, mainly because I tend to freeze up when confronted with the beautiful celebrities I want to meet, where as she is totally unfazed and keeps the conversation going with said celeb until I can compose myself and actually say something. We do always get VQ tickets for both of us though and I pay for the auto :)

Just like to say as its only really been touched upon briefly and thats you may not have time to talk to a guest if they are a diamond pass one before your asked to move on.

If your not please keep in mind that if you do chat to a diamond guest for longer than it takes to sign something you may be stopping someone like me from meeting the guest just because I don't have a diamond pass.