Answers to FAQ

23 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Can I give a guest a present?

I know one girl on here that gives people vegetables. Sounds odd but they remember her and that's the point really, you want them to remember you from the crowd.

Wonder who that could've been... :whistling::laugh:

1 hour ago, CatherineRice said:

Too fiddly to quote the section above on my phone, but if a guest refuses to sign my item for some reason, do I have to choose a backup or can I have my money back? 

You can always ask before paying if they'd sign it for you, Catherine, and if they say no, then you can choose from one of their 8x10 selection, or just decide to leave it. :smile:

24 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Wonder who that could've been... :whistling::laugh:

If you mean me it's actually not!  I've no idea who it is but Queen's had it on there for ages

21 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

You can always ask before paying if they'd sign it for you, Catherine, and if they say no, then you can choose from one of their 8x10 selection, or just decide to leave it. :smile:

Not always possible if it's a big guest who has the payment table in the queue before you get to the guest.  Hopefully the moderators may be able to suggest if a refund is allowable in those circumstances.  I think it would be something that would have to be decided there and then unfortunately - the things that may be refused are things like nude/glamour shot type pictures and you are always advised to have a back up if you want something like that signed so outside of that a refusal to sign would be pretty rare I think.

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

If you mean me it's actually not!  I've no idea who it is but Queen's had it on there for ages

Well, to be fair, now! lol :smile: (And I've only noticed it, being a newbie on here. :smile:)

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Not always possible if it's a big guest who has the payment table in the queue before you get to the guest.  Hopefully the moderators may be able to suggest if a refund is allowable in those circumstances.  I think it would be something that would have to be decided there and then unfortunately - the things that may be refused are things like nude/glamour shot type pictures and you are always advised to have a back up if you want something like that signed so outside of that a refusal to sign would be pretty rare I think.

Ah right, good point. :blush:

• Like 1

Veggie girl was way, way before potato times. :lol:

To be honest, I will have to check on this "refund if an item is refused" question. Generally if items are not permitted there are signs up. So either we'd be talking about something unexpected (like let's say something photoshopped) or someone trying to get around the rules. If someone tries the latter I can see a refund being refused. But I will check.

16 hours ago, CatherineRice said:

Too fiddly to quote the section above on my phone, but if a guest refuses to sign my item for some reason, do I have to choose a backup or can I have my money back? 

Okay, I heard back.

If that should happen ask for the Pit Boss. Normally you would be asked if you'd take a pic from the table instead, or you'd be offered to let back into the Queue after you checked if you'd find something you like in the dealer's area. A refund is something the Pit Boss will have to get approved by the Organisers.

On 12/06/2017 at 9:39 AM, andyfilm_1 said:

Thank you for this QS! It's been a couple of years since I last went so much appreciated! :)

You're welcome. We have so many new attendess this year again, it was time to dig this one out again and brush it up. ;)

• Like 1

On ‎10‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 10:21 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

Go straight to the ends of the queues in the order on your list and get the Virtual Tickets (VTs are explained below).

As stated in "1 - On the day" and quoted above, VQ tickets are handed out at the end of the autograph lines.

19 minutes ago, lesleynile said:

Do everyone need to queue for autos even if a person is disabled? Or do they get to skip the queue. Assking for someone else from fb :) 

Best suggestion: contact extrahelp@showmastersevents.com. They can discuss possible assistance with our extra Help team.

If they don't wish to do that: if the VQ system is in operation they will need a ticket and due to the line set up they would have to queue in most cases, yes. If there is no VQ system and the table set up allows there's really no issue with them joining a person that has queued for them at the table once this person is through the line.

So you see why I suggest e-mailing. ;)

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Best suggestion: contact extrahelp@showmastersevents.com. They can discuss possible assistance with our extra Help team.

If they don't wish to do that: if the VQ system is in operation they will need a ticket and due to the line set up they would have to queue in most cases, yes. If there is no VQ system and the table set up allows there's really no issue with them joining a person that has queued for them at the table once this person is through the line.

So you see why I suggest e-mailing. ;)

Thank  you

Morning all, hopefully one of the Mods or regular posters will be able to answer this and apologies if already asked (not following every thread) ...........

So last year we was ticketed in the que before entry and given our passes (fantastic!!) is the same happening this year? And also can we pick up diamond passes from the same que (I.e leave friends in que and go and collect them?)

thanks guys 

The only info we have on Diamond pass pick up is what is in the FAQ Kamikaze, any further info will be confirmed nearer to the event.  We are presuming it will be the same as last year but we do not know. When you say ticketed, I presume you mean weekend passes?  IF so as far as we are aware it will be the same as last year, but again, if there are any changes they will be confirmed as soon as the details are announced.

Edited by Raylenth

1 hour ago, kamikazemonkey said:

Morning all, hopefully one of the Mods or regular posters will be able to answer this and apologies if already asked (not following every thread) ...........

So last year we was ticketed in the que before entry and given our passes (fantastic!!) is the same happening this year? And also can we pick up diamond passes from the same que (I.e leave friends in que and go and collect them?)

thanks guys 

When i was in the holding hall last year there were staff asking if there were anyone getting diamond passes. I think they bought them to them. It would make sense as if you get in the queue early and then lose your space as everyone behind you gets ahead whilst youre queueing for the diamond passes, it wouldnt be very fair. Anyway, as Raylenth says, we'll find out nearer the time.

3 hours ago, spengler said:

When i was in the holding hall last year there were staff asking if there were anyone getting diamond passes. I think they bought them to them. It would make sense as if you get in the queue early and then lose your space as everyone behind you gets ahead whilst youre queueing for the diamond passes, it wouldnt be very fair. Anyway, as Raylenth says, we'll find out nearer the time.

That didn't happen to me on the Friday and has always been one of the issues - if you are there on your own do you leave the queue and loose your place or wait until later to collect them.  

22 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That didn't happen to me on the Friday and has always been one of the issues - if you are there on your own do you leave the queue and loose your place or wait until later to collect them.  

I'm sure that was what was happening on the Saturday.  I'll be in the same situation this year as its the first time I have bought any diamond passes. I guess if it doesnt happen, best thing to do maybe get the vqs then collect the passes after.

Edited by spengler