Answers to FAQ

Sorry if this has been asked already - this is only my second convention , and I am hoping to pick up several Star Wars autographs when I attend on Saturday

I've read a lot about the virtual tickets for the bigger guests, but I've not seen anywhere that quantifies who classes as a bigger guest

My wish list is Peter Mayhew, Ian McDiarmid, Dave Prowse and Julian Glover. In my mind these are all big guests - but how will I know whether they have VT in operation ?

I don't want to spend hours in a queue and miss out on getting somebody else ( which was my prior experience )

Any advice / guidance would be gratefully received - just need some suggestions on planning my day and how to maximise the autographs I get

Thanks

Mal Skelton

1 minute ago, malskelton said:

Sorry if this has been asked already - this is only my second convention , and I am hoping to pick up several Star Wars autographs when I attend on Saturday

I've read a lot about the virtual tickets for the bigger guests, but I've not seen anywhere that quantifies who classes as a bigger guest

My wish list is Peter Mayhew, Ian McDiarmid, Dave Prowse and Julian Glover. In my mind these are all big guests - but how will I know whether they have VT in operation ?

I don't want to spend hours in a queue and miss out on getting somebody else ( which was my prior experience )

Any advice / guidance would be gratefully received - just need some suggestions on planning my day and how to maximise the autographs I get

Thanks

Mal Skelton

You will not spend hours in a Queue, promise. If a line gets too Long the VT System is being implemented. This can happen throughout the day, even if a guest starts as no VT.

It's never announced in advance who is on VT, simply because this can Change so suddenly. You find out if they operate VT by checking their signing area in the Mornings. If they are on VT, the tickets are being handed out there.

Personally I would expect Peter and Ian to be on VT. Dave may be because he's not the fastest signer due to his health. Julian probably not.

16 minutes ago, malskelton said:

Thanks

Mal Skelton

My take on who will be on a VQ is any guest over £20.  Obviously things can and do change regarding VQ's throughout the day but that's a good guide to be working from.

34 minutes ago, tangerine said:

Can I collect tickets today (Thursday)? If so how late are they open? Thx

And in Addition to what Stuart says: only Gold and Diamond Passes Need to be picked up physically. For Standard entry, YLAC entry, talks or photosessions you Need to present your e-ticket for scanning of the Barcode.

20 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

And in Addition to what Stuart says: only Gold and Diamond Passes Need to be picked up physically. For Standard entry, YLAC entry, talks or photosessions you Need to present your e-ticket for scanning of the Barcode.

And Gold and Diamond collection is open until 20:00 tonight, if I'm not mistaken? 16:00-20:00?

4 minutes ago, TomOneGone said:

Hi, I was looking to buy a photo opp with Gemma Whelan but she only has 1 batch and it is full yet it still let's me buy the ticket, what does this mean? 

Gremlins.  I believe Queen said it will be honoured.

Okay, the non-experienced Forum user reply. ;) Forgive Raylenth, she used a term that's become Standard here for technical issues with the store.

This issue with all Batches being sold out but the shoot still being on sale (without selecting a Batch number) has unfortunately showed up for a number of shoots. I have contacted the Office People handling the store. But they are on site in London already, so I don't know when I will receive a reply.

The bought tickets should be honoured, but they will become part of the next Batch. So if Gemma Batch 1 is gone you'd be Batch 2.

I will post here as soon as I hear anything back, but that likely won't be before the evening.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find it anywhere, with a diamond pass, for Christopher Lloyd or John cleese can my wife go to the photos while I go for the autographs? As I have mistakenly booked a separate photo shoot! 

Thank you

43 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Okay, the non-experienced Forum user reply. ;) Forgive Raylenth, she used a term that's become Standard here for technical issues with the store.

This issue with all Batches being sold out but the shoot still being on sale (without selecting a Batch number) has unfortunately showed up for a number of shoots. I have contacted the Office People handling the store. But they are on site in London already, so I don't know when I will receive a reply.

The bought tickets should be honoured, but they will become part of the next Batch. So if Gemma Batch 1 is gone you'd be Batch 2.

I will post here as soon as I hear anything back, but that likely won't be before the evening.

Thank you but it only displays 1 batch out of 1 and that batch is taken.
So should I buy or not?
Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Waynest27 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find it anywhere, with a diamond pass, for Christopher Lloyd or John cleese can my wife go to the photos while I go for the autographs? As I have mistakenly booked a separate photo shoot! 

Thank you

No I'm afraid, the Diamond Passes are personalized and can't be shared.

Just now, TomOneGone said:

Thank you but it only displays 1 batch out of 1 and that batch is taken.
So should I buy or not?
Thank you 

It shouldn't actually let you check out if that batch is taken. If you can still check out the problem is as I described in my post.

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

It shouldn't actually let you check out if that batch is taken. If you can still check out the problem is as I described in my post.

Ah so maybe I should leave it and buy the others I want and then on the day, could I possibly buy an opp then?