RIP Adam West

showmasters

So sad to hear of the passing of Adam West today, many have tried but he was the only Batman. I grew up watching him in the 60's and my Grandson, who is now 10, has also grown up watching him. Was going to bring him to LFCC to meet him, now have to break the sad news to him. RIP Adam West

Adam West is/was a personal hero of mine and was a huge part of making my childhood a happier place, as he was for many of us who watched Batman repeats as a child.

Words can't express how much that show meant to me, or the stuff I was going through that Adam West helped me cope with as a child.

As gutted as I am that I will never get to meet the man who started my love of all things Batman; some of you here need to show some damn respect.

A human being has passed away and left family, friends and fans behind, and your worried about getting your money back! No offence, well actually I don't care if you are offended, but your refund doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, of course we are going to get our money back.

It digusts me that the first thought of some people is "hmmm when will I get my money back."

I can't use the language that I want to use to describe how I feel about those people.

RIP Adam West he was a legend always, and will always be my first Batman. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jakeblue said:

Robin and Catwoman from the principal cast  (not counting John Astins Riddler as Frank Gorshin will always be Nygma to me) are all that's left :(

Maybe Burt ward and Julie newmar could attend in honour of Adam and still do a special group shot with the bat bike boat and car maybe have a lifesize cardboard replica of the great man in the photos with them as people at the con will still want some sort of tribute to him doesn't have to be done just a suggestion and would be great to meet the original robin and Catwoman and have one special price for all this that could go to Adams charity maybe towards the fight against leukaemia that he sadly succumbed to! R.I.P Adam there should be a special bat signal shone in the sky in tribute to him! I'm still in shock about this :no:

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, john1980 said:

I think the charity idea is a lot better than the cardboard cutout which some might find disrespectful. 

In addition to donating to charity, can we have a book of condolence where collections are being taken that can be passed onto his family via his agency at the end of the weekend?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, john1980 said:

I think the charity idea is a lot better than the cardboard cutout which some might find disrespectful. 

Sorry that actually wasn't meant that way so i will clarify it so what was meant even though you thought it looked dodgy was that if a cardboard cutout of him in batman gear with people they could say that they still had a photo with him and im sure you know you can buy things like that i have a cardboard cutout of the 11th Dr and Amy pond but as you say could be slightly wrong but yeah if something was done for charity and to fight against the horrible thing that has taken this wonderful man away from us! And to those who said the original batman show was camp and corny i thought when seeing repeats of it growing up i thought it was light-hearted fun and like a comic book and something you could and can show children unlike the batman films nowadays dark gory and violent!

Edited by GrootsBrother
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, GrootsBrother said:

And to those who said the original batman show was camp and corny i thought when seeing repeats of it growing up i thought it was light-hearted fun and like a comic book and something you could and can show children unlike the batman films nowadays dark gory and violent!

Agreed, Adam made Batman entertaining for everyone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jakeblue said:

Robin and Catwoman from the principal cast  (not counting John Astins Riddler as Frank Gorshin will always be Nygma to me) are all that's left :(

Also lee Meriweather who was also Catwoman she is still around!

Edited by GrootsBrother
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

Watched Batman The Movie this morning with commentary from Adam West and Burt Ward. My own little way of paying tribute to the legend.

Cool have you got it on dvd? I'm thinking of downloading it from maybe Amazon or seeing if it's on Netflix and the whole series!

Edited by GrootsBrother

On 11/06/2017 at 2:43 PM, The Friendly Dalek said:

Have you got the T.V show as well?

I watched the movie with my 8 year old last night and she loved it. 

The tv box sets have had their prices jacked up on ebay and amazon since Adam passed away

My refund has come through and like everyone else it is a bitter blow, over 35 years waiting to meet him and he is taken away at the last minute. He will never be forgotten. I know entry tickets aren't normally refundable but I only purchased my Sunday entry tickets as it was the only day Adam was doing his talk. Is there no way of getting those entry tickets refunded what with this being an extremely exceptional circumstance?