yalc

Im so excited for the author of Frozen Charlotte and The Haunting cause its pretty hard to scare me and those two books scared the crap outta me! seriously, the one about the little dolls had me needing to put it down now and again and i was amazed at how this was meant to be a book for teenagers! I love the Red Eye series and can not wait for the prequel book for Frozen Charlotte.

You can also contact the authors on social media and ask them if they know which days they'll be attending. I was interested in Joanne Harris and I contacted her on tumblr. She said she didn't know yet but to watch her website for news, and sure enough 2 weeks later it was updated saying she would attend all 3 days.

20 minutes ago, Abigail94 said:

need a bit of help, didnt go to this part of the con last year but are the authors anounced normally ther both days as would love a chance to get patrick ness to sign one of my books

It can be the same as LFCC guests, some go all weekend, some just the 1 day. If there's a specific author you want to meet, Abigail, you could drop them a comment on social media? Apart from that, we'll know when the schedule for YALC has been released, of which we don't know when it'll be released. :smile:

Many of the authors are only there for 1 day and only for a few hours at that.  As Mr Leming says you can ask the authors directly if they now when they will be there but other than that you have to wait for the schedule

There was no YALC schedule publish on here last year (that I can find) IIRC it was published on the YALC section of the website but from the comments that I can find from last year it seems that most of the authors were actually only there for about a couple of hours.

I contacted Alex (author of frozen charlotte) on facebook (lovely lady :-) ) and asked her did she know what days she was going to be there and told me she didn't even have a schedule yet.so i assume if authors don't have it then we wont get one either until nearer the time. though as someone mentioned i can't recall it being posted here last year and i only got it with my goodie bag in the yalc program. looking forward to seeing you guys there! love meeting other yalc lovers ^_^

Any authors that aren't attending that you would love to be there?? Been wanting to meet Kevin Herne for like YEARS!! Guy is a total legend and always responds on social media. Jim Butcher would be a great meet too!

Meeting Ben Aaronovitch again this year to sign my Rivers of London novels, such a great guy and always has time to answer questions and give bosom bits of up coming novels. 

Would be cool if some of the audio book narrators were to come as well.... I don't always have time to read a book properly so listen when I'm driving about. 

any other suggestions? 

On 6/3/2017 at 9:55 PM, StuartG2198 said:

As far as we are aware it should be?

its not. 
according to the Twitter this is the list

Sarah Crossan
Sara Barnard
Martin Stewart
Paige Toon
Laini Taylor
E Lockhart
Alex Wheatle
Gemma Cairney
Katherine Webber
Joanne Harris
Melinda Salisbury
VE Schwab
Sara Barnard
Patrice Lawrence
Brian Conaghan
Will Hill
Lucy saxon
catherine johnson
hannah witton
laure eve
Sophie Mckenzie
Phil Earlesamantha shannon
Chris Russell
Juno Dawson
Laura Lam
Emily Bar
Ayisha_Malik,
Kevin Brooks
jennifer Smith
Vic James
Lisa Williamson
Patrick Ness
Laura Dockrill
Elisabeth Wein

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:50 PM, Dreamsphere said:

I contacted Alex (author of frozen charlotte) on facebook (lovely lady :-) ) and asked her did she know what days she was going to be there and told me she didn't even have a schedule yet.so i assume if authors don't have it then we wont get one either until nearer the time. though as someone mentioned i can't recall it being posted here last year and i only got it with my goodie bag in the yalc program. looking forward to seeing you guys there! love meeting other yalc lovers ^_^

last year the schedule was released at the beginning of June which gave me and my friends just enough time to buy and read the books before the event... it's taking pretty long this year tbh... even the author lists were delayed this year...