How did you all find today?

pretenama2012

I thought it was thoroughly enjoyable and stress free day. The staff and volunteers were fantastic and I enjoyed meeting all the guests. Photoshoot and autograph queues were very well organised and I got help when I had a clash. My only disappointment was that some of the guests did not have a good variety/ quality of 10x8s to choose from. For example, given the number of different roles played by Deep Roy there were only, I think, 4 photos to chose from. No Doctor Who, Blakes 7, Flash Gordon or Yoda photos. I probably would have had one of each if there were any and they were good quality. Also no Solo portrait shots of Dean Cain or Helen Slater from their roles in Supergirl. Maybe next time. Despite this I had a great time. Welcome back Collectormania.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

We always recommend here to bring pictures yourself if you are after an image from a specific show. Some guests have such a large body of work that it's simply impossible to cover everything. Some other times good images may just not be available to SM.

• Like 1

I enjoyed today immensely, the venue and the travel communications are a vast improvement on mk dons, when you have lots of space then its all instantly less stressful. That being said I do think that hall 5 needs a make over, it felt like we were having a convention in a garage :lol:

A definite improvement over the last event in 2015.

Apart from the queue jumping at the start, I've found myself not too stressed.

One thing I observed about the venue is that I noticed there is only one toilet block in the hall, with another just outside the afternoon entrance.

Other than those, a great time!

Many thanks, and looking forward to LFCC!

Had a really good time. Still buzzin over it all. Really well organised. Met all the guests that I planned to. Great layout and atmosphere.

My only negative would be the terrible sound quality at the Helen Slater and Dean Cain talk. Was having trouble making out what was being said. Some people by me even gave up in the end and went.

But apart from that it was a faultless day for me. Hopefully Collectormania has found its new permanent home at the NEC. I look forward to the next one :D

• Like 1

I had a great day it was so easy to walk round the hall and have a look at all the dealer stands I prefer this event to the this show comic con events I've been to

Edited by Andrew43
had to delete a couple of words

Really enjoyed today. Found it very chilled out. Liked the separation of the sports guest & film/tv guests. Plenty of space to walk around the dealers. A few fairly large open spaces to pull up a bit of floor & have a rest.

• Like 1

I had a great day, apart from;

-the already mentioned queue-jumpers (lets hope karma sorts them out)

-somebody forgetting the '5 item at a time rule' or has that been scrapped? (that dealer at Gazza's table must have gotten 30 pairs of boots and 20 shirts signed)

-and the unfortunate Pele delay, but there was nothing ShowMasters could do about that.

I met all the guests I planned to and was blown away by the warmth Pele showed everyone. Priceless moments I'll remember forever.

The crew were amazing as always but a big shout out to the crew at Photo Area B. I'm assuming there were lots of first time Con goers without a clue what was happening and you all did a great job controlling them.

The venue worked very well with lots of space and no choke points and had a great, no hassle atmosphere. Big congrats to everyone at SM for another great event.

• Like 1

I had a great day it was so easy to walk around the hall and have a look at all the dealer stands I prefer this event to the this show comic con events I've been to previously

Edited by Andrew43
had to redo a sentence

Had an absolutly fantastic day, still grinning from the thought that I met Michael Shanks and Ben Browder! All the guests I met were so lovely and I had some great photos. Staff were fab as usual, really friendly and organsied queues very well. I managed to get all my 11 photo ops and 10 autos done today so I can actually have a rest now tomorrow. I love the fact that Collectomania has come to the NEC as its only a 20 minute drive for me and so happy its coming back next year. The layout was lovely and spread out so lots of room to walk about it, only niggle was that photo A was not by the other two photo areas, had one clash between them so thought I would have to run to A but as staff were organised it wasn't an issue. 

Thank you to everyone for making today happen, see you next year! (And also at LFCC)

Excellent day today, the sheer amount of space easily made this one of the most relaxed events I've been to in a long time. Please if you use this again consider NOT increasing the amount of tickets sold as it was simply perfect and on a rather hot day the venue actually felt cool for most of the time!

Also a big thank you from me must go out to the guys running photoshoot A for John this morning, you were amazing so friendly, polite and uber helpful with getting us in so as we avoided the dreaded clash, thanks again :)

• Like 1

Ten years since I visited the NEC for an event of any kind. I had a wonderful time today. Could only manage the one day, but loved the convenience of getting off the train, and just being there. Brilliant. I also found the layout, photo op/talk management to be excellent, with wonderful and friendly volunteers everywhere. Also, a nod to the quality of the photos the guests had - nice to see lustre, and good paper stock. The programme was also nice, and not just ad after ad. Only slight critique relates to issuing the diamond passes. Could there not have been an area in the main holding hall similar to at LFACC last year? It allowed passes to be sorted out before entry. It took 40 minutes to get passes today, and resulted in long queues at the sales desk early on. Not the end of the world, but just a suggestion. Thank you for a top event, and before I left, had to have a cuddle with Groot.

8 hours ago, castleforever said:

Excellent day today, the sheer amount of space easily made this one of the most relaxed events I've been to in a long time. Please if you use this again consider NOT increasing the amount of tickets sold as it was simply perfect and on a rather hot day the venue actually felt cool for most of the time!

Also a big thank you from me must go out to the guys running photoshoot A for John this morning, you were amazing so friendly, polite and uber helpful with getting us in so as we avoided the dreaded clash, thanks again :)

I concur with the sentiment of numbers, I'd love to see this grow with the number of guests etc but wouldn't want to see any significant increase in the number of tickets sold as that had put me off other shows.

• Like 1

After my last experience at a collectomania I was partly dreading going to another one but I must say I'm glad I did!!

Firstly want to thank all the staff who volunteered they all were pretty well informed particularly for those like myself with mobility issues. You were all super helpful with getting me access to a chair when I needed one it made my day a lot better.

Loved the layout - mostly there was plenty of space around for queues

Secondly I want to give a massive thank you to all the guests - they were really great.

cons for me as mentioned the amount of toilets - would also have been nice to have some healthier options for food but I get used to that at cons.

I hope showmasters consider doing one at this venue again!!

Terrific day, I was only there for the football legends and wouldn't have missed Pele for the world, he was lovely. The queues weren't as bad as some events I've been to, but why oh why are 'dealers' allowed to queue at a guests table at the same time as us poor mortals (with just a few items for signing), lugging  50 or so replica shirts to be signed causing massive delays. One fella had so many they had to be carried in a cardboard box.  Another queue was held up for about 20 minutes with a 'dealer' brandishing seven pink dealer vouchers, yes I counted them, and a pile of about 100 football programmes the size of the Eiffel Tower, plus an assortment of other merchandise for selling on. Fortunately my schedule wasn't critical but obviously many other's were as people started abandoning the line realising that their already tight schedules were about to disintegrate altogether. This can't be sensible, can it?.

I think it would be a good idea to find the 'dealers' with their lorry loads of items a separate time slot, or have a max number limit of items to be signed, to give everyone a chance.

Paul Reaney was good value as a spectator sport, constant jokes and banter the whole time, and trying to wind Allen Clarke up. Priceless.

3 minutes ago, topmiler said:

Terrific day, I was only there for the football legends and wouldn't have missed Pele for the world, he was lovely. The queues weren't as bad as some events I've been to, but why oh why are 'dealers' allowed to queue at a guests table at the same time as us poor mortals (with just a few items for signing), lugging  50 or so replica shirts to be signed causing massive delays. One fella had so many they had to be carried in a cardboard box.  Another queue was held up for about 20 minutes with a 'dealer' brandishing seven pink dealer vouchers, yes I counted them, and a pile of about 100 football programmes the size of the Eiffel Tower, plus an assortment of other merchandise for selling on. Fortunately my schedule wasn't critical but obviously many other's were as people started abandoning the line realising that their already tight schedules were about to disintegrate altogether. This can't be sensible, can it?.

I think it would be a good idea to find the 'dealers' with their lorry loads of items a separate time slot, or have a max number limit of items to be signed, to give everyone a chance.

Paul Reaney was good value as a spectator sport, constant jokes and banter the whole time, and trying to wind Allen Clarke up. Priceless.

Really surprised to read this. I thought Showmasters had a strict rule of maximum five items per person.