What's up with the queuing?

Sebster118

I know that any crew/mods are unlikely to see this, but I, and some others, have arrived at around 6.30 today.

We're now in the building and the barriers have been set up requiring us to walk the equivalent of a marathon.

My issue is that there have been several queue jumpers going under the barrier tapes, and some of us now have about a hundred rather than a few.

I will be speaking to crew members about this when I get a chance as the chances of some of us getting early VQ tickets has reduced.

Posting this here in case any crew/mods might see this.

I acknowledge this is your first event at the NEC but hope this feedback helps.

Edited by Sebster118

• Moderators

Thanks for letting us know sebster, unfortunately there is only QS and I online who are not at the show.  We will try to get something to the folks at the venue but they may not pick up our messages in time, as soon as you can please raise with a crew member.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

Update:

Barrier system has changed negating the marathon.

Shame this wasn't the case at first.

Have spoken to an NEC crew member and his response was a "nothing we can do" sort.

We will feed this back into the organisers.

I found the same issue.  We got there at 6.30 on the Saturday and when the doors opened to let us into the building, we needed to get our passes scanned, which took a while as the staff member couldn't use the scanner and people who had got there a lot later were rushing passed.  We then had to walk around the whole queueing barriers only to see that as were were a few lanes from the end, someone just walked from the start straight under all of the barriers to the start of the queue at the end.  This was then followed by a rush of people to the start of the line, which meant that for all the people that followed the queue properly (including people on crutches and in wheelchairs) lost their places!

There was no need to make people walk all around the barrier system at the start as the queue when everyone had done the walk was only 2 lanes full