Photography Equipment?

robert_bond75

Hi,

I'm attending Collectormania both days and am hoping to take photos of the cosplayers around the event. I was wondering what the rules are regarding photography equipment?

I usually use a flash stand with standard size flash gun when I'm doing photos (I of course only set it up in an area where I will not cause an obstruction or hazard) and was wondering if I would be allowed to bring this along with me? I have looked at the website but have been unable to find any guidelines in this area.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well obviously I wouldn't set up in any walkways or anywhere that would cause an obstruction. That just seems like common sense to me anyway.

Nah, definitely not setting up a photo booth. Even If I wanted to, there's no way I could afford the kind of equipment I would need for that :lol: Nor could I really be bothered to carry it around.

It's just a basic lightweight flash stand and standard flash gun, not remotely big or bulky and no big umbrella thingies or attachments or anything like that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, robert_bond75 said:

Well obviously I wouldn't set up in any walkways or anywhere that would cause an obstruction. That just seems like common sense to me anyway.

I know you did say you wouldn't in your initial post, but we have to mention it as people aren't always aware of issues like that ;)

• Showmasters Admin

We allow cameras into the event but the events can get very busy so unless pre-arranged, we would not allow it. If you'd like bring a portable flash you can, but please inform customers that you will be using flash before photographing them, incase of any medical conditions.