CM24 Photo Shoot & Talk Schedule Announced

showmasters

5 minutes ago, Marty Mcfly said:

Yes I know that's the case, but was wondering if there was a set time as he will only be signing for 75. If a mod could let me know please.

The set time is 11 - 2, whenever he is not in talks or doing photos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazyminx said:

How long beforehand would you expect to need to get there to try and ensure you get a place in talks with Robert/Dean/Buffy cast?

That's hard to answer Crazy, the earliest you will be allowed to queue is from when the queue from the previous talk has finished going in, but often they don't like lots of people queueing early as it can get noisy for the talk going on and the crew may ask everyone to leave and come back later - we can't tell you when to queue to assure you get in as if we say 20 mins before and tons of people get there just before you people would say 'but you said...' Be in the area when the previous talk has gone in and the crew will advise you when you can start queuing for it is the best I can suggest.

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The Diamond Passes are NOT day specific. You only choose the day you want your photo taken.

It is clearly stated in the Diamond Pass description that the talk is one day only and now scheduled for Saturday.

Diamond Passes are not meant as a one day fast pass. It's always been the case that the Events are spread out over the Weekend. If you attend one day only you are risking missing out on something.

The talk is not the issue here, if it had been at the end of the Sunday I would have gladly missed it.

But by making the selection of which day the photoshoot will be on does lock me down to that specific day and in this case I feel that those attending Saturday have been given a better deal. (Two PS and the talk).

Some of us have these things called jobs, so Sunday is the only day I could attend.

All I was suggesting is that an earlier PS could maybe have been arranged for Sunday diamond passes.

Given in my experience that Saturdays are always busier than Sundays, taking another 20 - 25 minutes out of the signing time on Sunday does not sound unreasonable and what I said was merely an example of what could have been done.

It would clear the majority of Sunday diamond passes I would guess.

Instead I have to wait around for 4 to 5 hours for the photoshoot.

If I had the choice I would get my money back and just buy a standard photoshoot.

Hi.can anyone tell me if the guests,Paul Gascoigne and Carlos v will be doing selfies at their tables with autographs and whether you have to pay separately for selfie.just went to a comic con where u had to pay for the autograph and the selfie?

5 minutes ago, Lisa271 said:

Hi.can anyone tell me if the guests,Paul Gascoigne and Carlos v will be doing selfies at their tables with autographs and whether you have to pay separately for selfie.just went to a comic con where u had to pay for the autograph and the selfie?

It won't be known until the day if they will be doing them I'm afraid, and it can even change throughout the day depending on how busy they are. Showmasters do not agree with paying for selfies, so if they are doing them, they will be free.

Edited by Wrong Name

4 minutes ago, Lisa271 said:

That's not known until the day and can change on the day depending on how busy they are, Lisa. :smile:

3 minutes ago, Lisa271 said:

Selfies are free Lisa, but you will only know if they are doing them when you are in the queue, there is no guarantee if they are - they are less likely to if they are busy.  Some guests don't like doing them as they suffer from migraines, aren't feeling well and it can be uncomfortable to keep posing.

6 minutes ago, Lisa271 said:

Gazza was really busy last time and wasn't doing selfies at all. Presume it will be the case again but won't know till the day I suppose.

17 minutes ago, chubarker said:

The talk is not the issue here, if it had been at the end of the Sunday I would have gladly missed it.

But by making the selection of which day the photoshoot will be on does lock me down to that specific day and in this case I feel that those attending Saturday have been given a better deal. (Two PS and the talk).

Some of us have these things called jobs, so Sunday is the only day I could attend.

All I was suggesting is that an earlier PS could maybe have been arranged for Sunday diamond passes.

Given in my experience that Saturdays are always busier than Sundays, taking another 20 - 25 minutes out of the signing time on Sunday does not sound unreasonable and what I said was merely an example of what could have been done.

If I had the choice I would get my money back and just buy a standard photoshoot.

Hi Chub sorry for butting in here but firstly there's no need to be sarcastic - it's unfortunate if you can only attend Sunday but that's your issue, I personally have taken a day off to attend events as have many others.  The guest will be occupied with other activities when they aren't in the photo's it's not as easy as just saying 'oh just put an extra 20 min session in here'.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies,lol.I have a gazza photo so not bothered about a selfie with him but will definetely be queuing for an autograph just be a bonus if i can have selfie as well.will have to decide on the day about Carlos autograph or photo

Thanks everyone xx

26 minutes ago, chubarker said:

You did make it sound like an issue, this is why I replied. Raylenth and I have both outlined the reasons why the schedule is as it is. I'm truly sorry that you are not happy, but there is nothing that is going to be changed now. Also please remember she had surgery recently, so this was taken into account when coming up with the schedule too.

For the record: I do have a full day Job too and I am volunteering here in pretty much every spare Minute I have trying to help People, especially those who have never been to Shows before. (So is StuartG and so are the other mods. We are not employed by Showmasters.) Thus I do absolutely not appreciate your comment about "having a Job". Some People have a Job and take Holidays to get to the Events - I have to take at least one day just to get to the UK Events, and that is with losing half an Event day for travel back! :angry:

3 minutes ago, Kristian said:

I'm having Pele photo and Hurst photo on the Sunday. So I need to be at photo area B to get photo with Pele at 12? Then Hurst at the same area for photo at 1.15pm

Im phase 1 on both photo tickets. 

Essentially yes Kristian, however Pele's shoot will be doing the Diamonds and Golds first before Batch 1 so there's no need to be there for the start, maybe about 10 mins in and see where they are up to.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Essentially yes Kristian, however Pele's shoot will be doing the Diamonds and Golds first before Batch 1 so there's no need to be there for the start, maybe about 10 mins in and see where they are up to.

I see ok thanks, I have a 3 hour drive so trying to work out the time to get there, and it seems Pele has a small 30 minute slot only for Sunday too! So can't be late?!

They are very practiced at getting people through Kristian and they know how many tickets they have sold for the day, it's a very quick process so 30 mins is actually a mid level shoot time, maybe be there 5 mins after it starts as they may be preparing to queue the Batch 1's and if not you'll only have a short wait :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You Need to E-Mail extrahelp@showmastersevents.com as stated when these questions come up. They will outline the Details to you. It depends on your daughter's needs, it's really hard to explain everything here.

Photos at the table will be indicated by signs. "no photos" = no photography at all, "no posed photos" = no photos with the guest, but photos of guest signing are okay. No sign = no Problem to ask for Picture.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but we are getting desperate. We have tried over the past few weeks to get in touch about a special assistance pass at the email address above for my partner who cannot walk without the aid of sticks. The one time they did reply they said this was not possible without proof of careers allowance and lots of other stuff that was not relevant to my partners condition. She replied twice asking if a letter from her doctor would suffice but nobody ever responded. This is in stark contrast to the NEC who when I contacted them about disabled parking who have jumped through hoops to assist us.

Sorry to offload here but we are getting desperate. She is bringing her letter from the doctor with her to the event. Will this be enough to prevent her from having to stand in queues for a long time as it is probably too late to get an official pass now.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, jakeblue said:

How big are the photos?

An A4 envelope will be plenty big enough won't it?

Photoshoot prints are 6x9, photos provided for autographs are 8x10