Sign in to follow this  
RevJT

Parking

Please make sure you read the times the parking is accessible from as it's not as early as some might think and it's not 24 hours.

I think you are right about the prices, just looked again.

Edited by Raylenth

I usually use Birmingham International as there are disabled bays right by the entrance, the walk is probably the same distance as from the NEC car park but at least it's under cover so I don't freeze in my cosplay

Unfortunately the Birmingham International car park is now fully booked for both days. Pity as I normally prefer it and as said above it is cheaper.

When I attended a convention at the nearby Hilton, I just parked at the shopping centre. Is that not an option instead of paying £12? Although I can't remember how much I paid now.

Thanks, I didn't think it was that expensive before. It was a while ago that I was there though.

Does anyone know what time the NEC carpark opens? Or does anyone have any better suggestions? I don't mind a bit of a walk.

I believe it's 8 Para, it's not very early at all.  Other suggestions have been made above.

Damn wish I'd pre-booked parking, can't do it now as you need to print your ticket and my printer is knackered. Hope the queues aren't too long at the ticket machines.

9 hours ago, para50 said:

Thanks, I didn't think it was that expensive before. It was a while ago that I was there though.

Does anyone know what time the NEC carpark opens? Or does anyone have any better suggestions? I don't mind a bit of a walk.

I've prebooked and I can't find the times anywhere. Hope they let me in and don't keep me hanging. 

I prebooked parking and if you click on the parking FAQs it says:

What are the stay periods for Pre-Paid Parking?  
Car Parks are normally open from 08:00hrs each day.  

Hopefully there won't already be a massive queue by then!!!