Planned Virtual Queues

Stenun

I know that Showmasters always say they can never tell which guests will be on VQ systems but maybe you could tell us which you are planning to have on a VQ system?

I mean, the books of tickets you print out don't happen instantly so you must have some idea about which guests you think will need one.  Knowing in advance who to expect on a VQ system makes it easier for the punters to no who to head for first.  After all, it's always said that one person's idea of a "Big Guest" will not be the same as everyone else's so it's never as simple as "head to the bigger guests first" - bigger guests according to whom?

So anyway, knowing who is likely to be VQ will make it easier for some - myself included!  :-)

Stenun, you realize that your first question basically reads "I know you won't tell, but can you tell us anyway?" ;)

This is not official, I very much doubt it will be confirmed by SM in any way, but these are my personal guesses:

John Barrowman for sure

Ben Browder for sure cause he signs really slow

all Diamond Pass guests

Charisma Carpenter

Julie Benz

Marc Warren

EDIT: Yes, Gazza is likely too. Possibly a number of sports guests with limited appearance times as well.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

What I meant with me opening line was that the standard response when asked "who will be on VQ" is that Showmasters don't know until the day itself.  But there is a difference between not knowing for sure and knowing who you are printing tickets for, etc.

I know sometimes a guest goes on VQ who was never expected to which is why you never give a firm answer as to who will DEFINITELY be on VQ; but that is a different question from who you EXPECT to be on VQ.  See my point?  :-)

Anyway, was not expecting at least one of those you mentioned, Queen, so that has helped; thank you.

I see your point, but you are not seeing mine. No matter how you put it, you are still asking for an official statement. 

TooTall used to have an estimate in his old FAQ thread. Which again was his personal estimate, and he's the Head of Crew and due to that spot on most of the times. We had to remove this because so many people complained "but you said guest X would not be on VQ tickets!", mostly when guests went on VQ tickets throughout the day.

Even if it's coming from an admin or a mod and we post 10 times "this is not officially confirmed" basically everything in that regard we've been posting at the last shows has lead to complaints. You have no idea how often the poor crew at the show has to deal with "but the mods said." I didn't even want to post my personal guesses first due to that.

So sorry, the best idea you will get is personal guesses. Nothing will be posted by SM themselves unless it's someone who everyone expects to be on VQ tickets anyway, like Barrowman.

Out of curiosity, who's the guest from my list you didn't expect?

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Out of curiosity, who's the guest from my list you didn't expect?

Given Marc Warren is only £10, I was surprised to see you list him as potentially VQ.

1 hour ago, Stenun said:

Given Marc Warren is only £10, I was surprised to see you list him as potentially VQ.

Marc Warren is 20 Pounds. Have you looked at the wrong person? ;)

The Musketeers guests had very large lines at the shows I attended, that is why I added him.

36 minutes ago, Stenun said:

Unfortunately, I think that's an typing error. He's 20 on the official site listings and on his announcement thread

Also, the post in the guest days and prices thread has him as Sunday only, whereas everywhere else , he's down as Saturday only

Edited by andrewrolar

8 hours ago, Stenun said:

I know that Showmasters always say they can never tell which guests will be on VQ systems but maybe you could tell us which you are planning to have on a VQ system?

I mean, the books of tickets you print out don't happen instantly so you must have some idea about which guests you think will need one.  Knowing in advance who to expect on a VQ system makes it easier for the punters to no who to head for first.  After all, it's always said that one person's idea of a "Big Guest" will not be the same as everyone else's so it's never as simple as "head to the bigger guests first" - bigger guests according to whom?

So anyway, knowing who is likely to be VQ will make it easier for some - myself included!  :-)

Just a small thing I wanted to say, you were asking to know who's VQ as its easier and also mentioned that everyone had different ideas of a big guest. In all my experience of cons, knowing who's got a VQ before wouldn't help at all. Making a list of your top meets and going to see them in order is the best thing to do. That way, you get to your fave first and if they don't have one you can move on knowing you can come back any time and get other VQs. By the time you reach your least important one, if they are on VQ you won't mind so much if its a little higher.

44 minutes ago, Abigail94 said:

Is it more than likely that Carlos Valdez will be on vq? 

My rule of thumb is that guests £20 and over will be on the VQ system Abigail as price is linked to popularity which is linked to the VQ sytem.  I would be very surprised if a £35 guest wasn't on the VQ system.

And there is a possibility that due to high demand a guest could be non-VQ one day, but be a VQ on another (like Jon Heder on the Friday and Saturday respectively at last year's LFCC), or a non-VQ guest could become a VQ on the day (like Faye Marsay on the Saturday at last year's LFCC).

4 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

And there is a possibility that due to high demand a guest could be non-VQ one day, but be a VQ on another (like Jon Heder on the Friday and Saturday respectively at last year's LFCC), or a non-VQ guest could become a VQ on the day (like Faye Marsay on the Saturday at last year's LFCC).

Yes, I know.  That's why I was asking who was planned at this time to be a VQ guest.  I said above that I know that it can change on the day but I was asking about who they are printing up books for and expecting to be VQ.  :-)

1 minute ago, WayneLee said:

If a guest is on a vq system but you have a gold pass am i right in thinking you can just join the back of the queue without a vq ticket for all guests except diamond ones where i'll need a vq ticket.

Yes, that os what the Gold Pass is for.

8 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

Didn't want to start another thread as its VQ related

Will the VQ tickets for guests attending 11-3 only , be given out from 11, or straight away at 9am

Answer will help decide on arrival time. Thanks

Should be from 9am, Andrew. :smile: