Autographs question

aweeghost

Hi all, this is my first time attending in Birmingham (I normally stick to local conventions in Glasgow). I know how photo ops work and whatnot, but I'm curious about autographs: do we buy tickets for them online, or do we pay on the day? I know at the Glasgow Collectormania (FCC) you just pay at the desk, but I wasn't sure if it would be the same in Birmingham?

It's the same at all the showmasters events Awe, you pay at the desk, you can't pay before the event.  For bigger guests (Anyone over £20 usually) you will need a VQ ticket, do you know how those work?

With VQ (Virtual Queue) tickets, you go up to the persons guest, collect a numbered ticket and come back when your number is posted on the board, e.g. If your number is 103, then when Numbers 1 - 110 is on the board at the back of the guests queue, you can join it. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming

Just now, wjbleming said:

With VQ tickets, you go up to the persons guest, collect a numbered ticket and come back when your number is posted on the board, e.g. If your number is 103, then when Numbers 1 - 110 is on the board at the back of the guests queue, you can join it.

So, is this something I do on the day? Or can you do it beforehand?

On the day, as soon as the doors open go to the signing area, find the desks of the guests you want auto's from and get a named/numbered VQ ticket from the crew members manning those desks.  KEep them safe.  It's like in a deli or busy doctors where you take a number when you get there and wait to be served.

With the diamond guests though the diamond pass holders get to go through first and then any VQ ticket holders if there is time.  With Diamond guests the only way to guarantee getting their auto's is to buy the diamond pass.  And whilst most of that level guests do manage to sign for some VQ ticket holders it's not guaranteed and you don't know how many they are going to get through.

For the busier guests who are on the VQ ticket system you will not be allowed to join the auto queue without a VQ ticket, or a diamond pass where appropriate.

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

On the day, as soon as the doors open go to the signing area, find the desks of the guests you want auto's from and get a named/numbered VQ ticket from the crew members manning those desks.  KEep them safe.  It's like in a deli or busy doctors where you take a number when you get there and wait to be served.

With the diamond guests though the diamond pass holders get to go through first and then any VQ ticket holders if there is time.  With Diamond guests the only way to guarantee getting their auto's is to buy the diamond pass.  And whilst most of that level guests do manage to sign for some VQ ticket holders it's not guaranteed and you don't know how many they are going to get through.

For the busier guests who are on the VQ ticket system you will not be allowed to join the auto queue without a VQ ticket, or a diamond pass where appropriate.

Thank you! To be honest there's only one guest I'm after, so I'll just make sure I make a bee-line for it as soon as we're in. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Markc46 said:

Hello

when you pay for an autograph with a guest, how many items can you get signed? 

Regards 

MC 

up to 5 if they are busy and if they are a bit quieter 7 is the max.  The price you pay is PER auto though (Just in case you didn't realise)  So if you want 5 and the price is £20, you will have to pay £100.