Diamond Pass question

crippsy_99

I was just about to order my Saturday day ticket, and a Diamond pass for a guest since im only there the one day, I want all the activities included in it anyway, and will be a confirmed way to meet them rather than hoping for a VT number to come up..ive never bought a diamond pass so this is the first time.

However on checking out it says in the T&C "Diamond pass activities can take place on any full day of the show and therefore are only valid if accompanied by a weekend entry ticket or a Gold Pass"
Does this mean I can't get a diamond pass on a day ticket!? The photoshoot is on saturday anyway which is fine, the talk is on saturday so again fine, but says I can go for the autograph either day. Would saturday be ok, or if they are called up in number, might that mean I couldn't go through until sunday (when im not even there?!)

Otherwise im going to have to buy a regular photoshoot, and 'hope for the best' on the autographs!!!

Hey there! Its funny you should ask that because I was worried about that too so I emailed the shop because I saw that bit. They told me that you'll be fine to get in with a diamond pass on a Saturday entry. They just put that there becaude sometimes the talk is on a different day to the selected photoshoot. Which means if you only had the one day entry then you'd miss it, if that makes sense?? But if the talk and shoot is on the same day, you'll be fine. As well as the auto because the diamond passes for the person you selected are called first, I think! Saturday will be fine in this case.

Hope this helps! :)

As the others have said it's just a clause to cover themselves - people still comment/complain that they bought the pass but can only be there on x day and the talk/photo is happening on y day.  I've had a Diamond pass and only been there for the day before and it was fine.  As long as you are clear which day the talk is and what day your photo is on it's usually OK.  The only other thing to consider is what number your pass will be - the later you buy it the higher your number will be.  The reason I mention that is that as you said, Diamond passes are still called for their auto's in pass number order, like with the VQ's so if you are only there Saturday and your number is a high one, there is a chance it might not be called until Sunday.  Now you can speak to the crew running the queue's and explain and hope they let you through, which they may if it's not too busy, but be aware that if it's really busy they may not be able to let you through until your number has been called and that may be Sunday.

I was fine going through early with mine at LFCC but I was there on the Friday and it was quiet - and I'm sure others will also say the same, it's just something to be aware of. It's a small risk but it's still a risk to be aware of when you are buying.

1 hour ago, jadeylouise said:

Hey there! Its funny you should ask that because I was worried about that too so I emailed the shop because I saw that bit. They told me that you'll be fine to get in with a diamond pass on a Saturday entry. They just put that there becaude sometimes the talk is on a different day to the selected photoshoot. Which means if you only had the one day entry then you'd miss it, if that makes sense?? But if the talk and shoot is on the same day, you'll be fine. As well as the auto because the diamond passes for the person you selected are called first, I think! Saturday will be fine in this case.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi jadey, please see my response above re the auto's as it is something to be aware of.  Most guests are quick signers so their queue's aren't too bad and there will be the possibility of slipping ticket holders in out of order, but it should always be remembered that it's not a guarantee and if you are buying a diamond pass and only attending 1 day it's a risk you assume.  There does exist the possibility that if the guest is very very busy with activities (don't forget with split shoots and talks, lunch and sometimes prop shoots as well they can be doing a lot), that it may not be possible to do this, especially if they end up with a lot of people coming to them and saying 'oh but I'm only here for today and need to go through now'.  They cannot facilitate everyone so if you buy Diamond passes and are only there for 1 day, particularly the first day (and Saturday is always the busiest)  it's a risk you take.  A small risk, but it does exist.  If you are only there Saturday and the crew say they can't slip you in ahead of your turn there's nothing you can do about it. 

9 out of 10 times you'll be fine, 98% of diamond pass guests have always got through a good few VQ ticket holders as well so it won't be a problem slipping a few people through early but there's always going to be the possibility of that 1 time when it won't be.

Edited by Raylenth

To echo what Raylenth has said: yes, Diamond Passes are called in number order.

If a lot of Diamond Passes have been sold and the guest is a slow signer *cough* Christopher Lloyd *cough* it is possible that you might not get seen on the first day a guest is attending.

There has been no indication of this being possible with the guests at this Event. But generally speaking it's a possibility.

A Diamond Pass is not a guarantee you will get your autograph on a particular day, it is only a guarantee you will get your autograph for sure.

As always if you have issues the Crew will do their best to help, but there's only so and so much they can do.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, crippsy_99 said:

So is it worth getting one or not? 

Its for Ming Na Wen, but as I cant get there until about 10am or even a bit later, by that time there could be quite a few VT's already given out..

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Only you can decide Crippsy I'm afraid.  But yeah, they will have given loads of VQ's out by then I'm afraid.

Have to agree with Reylenth here, I would guess by 10am you would be looking at a relatively high VQ number I'm afraid.

On 5/24/2017 at 7:21 AM, Raylenth said:

Hi jadey, please see my response above re the auto's as it is something to be aware of.  Most guests are quick signers so their queue's aren't too bad and there will be the possibility of slipping ticket holders in out of order, but it should always be remembered that it's not a guarantee and if you are buying a diamond pass and only attending 1 day it's a risk you assume.  There does exist the possibility that if the guest is very very busy with activities (don't forget with split shoots and talks, lunch and sometimes prop shoots as well they can be doing a lot), that it may not be possible to do this, especially if they end up with a lot of people coming to them and saying 'oh but I'm only here for today and need to go through now'.  They cannot facilitate everyone so if you buy Diamond passes and are only there for 1 day, particularly the first day (and Saturday is always the busiest)  it's a risk you take.  A small risk, but it does exist.  If you are only there Saturday and the crew say they can't slip you in ahead of your turn there's nothing you can do about it. 

9 out of 10 times you'll be fine, 98% of diamond pass guests have always got through a good few VQ ticket holders as well so it won't be a problem slipping a few people through early but there's always going to be the possibility of that 1 time when it won't be.

Oops. Sorry, did not realise that! :c 

If diamond passes are called in number order, where can I find what my number is? Should it be on my ticket? Because the only number I can see on my ticket is the order number from when I first booked them? Unless I'm not looking properly or for some reason it's not showing up on Eventbrite for some reason.

1 hour ago, jadeylouise said:

Hahah the thought only occurred to me just before I read this post. I'm not with it today. Whoopsie. Thanks for the clarification! :-)

Easy way to judge it though, if you buy as it's gone on sale your number will be relatively low, if it's one that's been available for a while, it might not be high (we haven't had any warnings of diamonds running low other than Pele) but you have to assume it's going to be middling to high.

On 5/24/2017 at 7:21 AM, Raylenth said:

Useful info for me too. Didn't realise that there's a chance you might not get your auto on the day you book your diamond pass photo. Assumed sales would be limited per day as to guarantee autos for those with dps. I was aware you can get your auto on any day. Maybe I miss interpreted the small print. Neverless fingers crossed I'll get my dp autos on the day of my photos :thumbup:

(At lfcc that is)

Edited by spengler

As QS says.  It's tricky because the auto's are dealt with by number whereas photo's by specific day.  If you buy late, so therefore get a high pass number you know your auto may be called the second day, but if there is still space on the diamond pass photo's you may have picked to have that done Saturday.  

It's just something people should be aware of, like QS said here and in another thread, firstly the Dpasses were never designed with the intention of allowing people to get everything done in a day and whilst they do sell limited number there are other factors at play, including the other activities (talks, photo's ect). Take Richard Dean Anderson (At LFCC) and Christopher Lloyd - both are know to be very slow signers, RDA really didn't get through to many VQ's at all last time he was here, so with that in mind and with the lower numbered dpass holders wanting to get through there may simply not be the opportunity to slip later numbers into the queue.  However on the other hand, you may ask the crew member during a lull in the number of people in the queue if they are off doing other things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

As QS says.  It's tricky because the auto's are dealt with by number whereas photo's by specific day.  If you buy late, so therefore get a high pass number you know your auto may be called the second day, but if there is still space on the diamond pass photo's you may have picked to have that done Saturday.  

It's just something people should be aware of, like QS said here and in another thread, firstly the Dpasses were never designed with the intention of allowing people to get everything done in a day and whilst they do sell limited number there are other factors at play, including the other activities (talks, photo's ect). Take Richard Dean Anderson (At LFCC) and Christopher Lloyd - both are know to be very slow signers, RDA really didn't get through to many VQ's at all last time he was here, so with that in mind and with the lower numbered dpass holders wanting to get through there may simply not be the opportunity to slip later numbers into the queue.  However on the other hand, you may ask the crew member during a lull in the number of people in the queue if they are off doing other things.

Thanks Raylenth. So if I understand correct, if the DP guest gets through say numbers 1- 100 on the Friday. Then the Saturday starts on DP numbers 1-101?

They sometimes open where they left off, so 1-100 to make sure there aren't any stranglers who didn't come thorough the day before but will then move on to the next batch as quickly as possible, maybe 1-130, or 1-150.  they don't increase it by individual numbers but by small manageable batches.  They only want about 25/30 people in the actual queue -that's enough to keep it moving but not become unmanageable.

Really you can only see on the day to get a gauge of how quickly it's all going.

• Like 1

Hi this is my first time going to a comic con, and I have bought a Diamond Pass for Ming-Na Wen.

I was wondering if anyone knew if you pick the pass and items that come with it on the day it is for i.e Sunday or do they post it out? 

22 minutes ago, Laura_D said:

Hi this is my first time going to a comic con, and I have bought a Diamond Pass for Ming-Na Wen.

I was wondering if anyone knew if you pick the pass and items that come with it on the day it is for i.e Sunday or do they post it out? 

Pick up only. The exact details will be posted here at some point next week.

It would have been useful to have been aware of all this information at the beginning of ticket purchase rather than later...I am a diamond pass and only booked to attend on one day..I could only afford one day and not the entire 3 days or maybe I've got it wrong? 

1 hour ago, LOO said:

It would have been useful to have been aware of all this information at the beginning of ticket purchase rather than later...I am a diamond pass and only booked to attend on one day..I could only afford one day and not the entire 3 days or maybe I've got it wrong? 

It does say in the T's and C's that diamond passes will be called in number order and depending on when you bought your passes you can take a rough guess if you will have a high or low number.

You don't HAVE to attend for the whole event, it can be easy to plan it, if you want to do all the activities on 1 day you book your photo shoot for the same day as the talk and if you have a low diamond pass number you can go through any time after your number has been called, so if you want to attend Sunday and you have ticket no 26, that is fine.  Alternatively if you have ticket no 175 for example you may not be called until Sunday anyway, so again fine.  The risk is if you are only attending Saturday and have a high pass number as explained above.

Thank you Queen_Sindel !!

I was afraid that it might have been posted out and I would miss the postman before my flight.

I can rest easy now knowing that I can pick it up.  I will keep checking when on the thread for the pick up details.

Again thank you :D

9 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Alternatively if you have ticket no 175 for example you may not be called until Sunday anyway, so again fine.  The risk is if you are only attending Saturday and have a high pass number as explained above.

In which case you may pay for an autograph you never actually get..so as a result, ive had to choose not to spend the money on a diamond pass as I can't risk forking out for something I may not be able to get!

I couldn't book one earlier as I didnt know until a couple of weeks ago if I could even attend.