Are there any parties during Con?

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a noob / old / boring question but I'm new to the forum (& to LFCC).
I have been to several other Cons (another event, Destination Star Trek etc) and at all of them there have been parties of some sort, either in the Con venue as part of the event, or hosted off-site, after the Con halls have closed for the day. 
After searching online the only after-hours party of any sort that I can find at LFCC is the forum members' get-together & geek-off quiz in the pub. 
Am I missing something or is that the only one? 
Thanks,

Steve

Edited by StuartG2198

As unknown says Steve, LFCC is not a convention but a signing event.  Arranging after parties for this type of event would be impossible - they don't have the space to hold it as you can't ask everyone to clear the venue out at night to make the room for it.  Conventions are much easier places to hold parties.

Ah ok, thanks.
Not sure I understand the rationale - Destination Star Trek (at the NEC) was also about photo shoots, guest appearances, autographs & talks but still managed to organise two official parties - they just hosted them offsite in a nearby hotel.
But it is what it is, I guess. :)

Hello :) 

May I direct you to the meet-up i've organised for Thursday the 27th July? Absolutely everyone is welcome, the more the merrier. We had a great time last year getting to know each other and personally as a solo attendee I felt it made the whole con experience during the day a lot better because there was always someone around to chat to in a queue that I had met the night before! :D 

• Like 2