Thoughts on "Oxygen"

The Friendly Dalek

This was a massive disappointment.

There was so much I would have done differently. It didn't deliver in the scariness which we were promised, and the ending felt rushed.

Conceptually, this could have been pretty good, but the execution was poor. 

However, I loved how Nardole was actually involved in this episode, and I loved the argumenf between him and The Doctor at the end. Also, I loved the twist ending (SPOILERS) that revealed that The Doctor is still blind. 

I look forward to next week's episode (I love Michelle Gomez :D) and I hope it will be a massive improvement. I also look forward to seeing how The Doctor's blindness plays out.

I didn't mind it, really. I didn't hear about the promises of it being scary, so I suppose I didn't have any hopes for that.

Do agree about the ending and Nardole, though. They were pretty good. :smile:

Looking forward to next weeks episode and if we get any answers for the vault. (If, though Michelle Gomez being in it could be a red herring for the theories on her being on in the vault. :smile:

• Like 1

Overall, quite a good episode but with a few little problems and one big continuity issue. The pretitles transition into the titles was a little too abrupt in my opinion and Bill's blackout meant that it felt a bit like we had lost 15 minutes of an episode (although I've been feeling that way with all of Series 10 thus far) leading to yet another rush ending. The final twist was neat though and I felt that the guest cast were great. However, there is a massive problem with saying that the TARDIS doesn't need its fluid link to travel...it means that the latter half of The Daleks, where the TARDIS crew have to stay and help because the Daleks took it from Ian, is retroactively moot.

15 hours ago, JDPManjoume said:

However, there is a massive problem with saying that the TARDIS doesn't need its fluid link to travel...it means that the latter half of The Daleks, where the TARDIS crew have to stay and help because the Daleks took it from Ian, is retroactively moot.

Maybe it used to be necessary but The Doctor has since upgraded the TARDIS so that it is no longer needs them.