Eurovision Song Contest 2017

natedammit

25 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

It's all politics. There's no point in having the songs these days as they have no effect on how the countries vote.

I don't buy the politics thing. People voting for their neighbours for cultural reasons? Sure, that makes sense, and is fair enough. It is 90% about the song/performance - people fell for Portugal's stripped back entry, and their quirkily charming/annoying singer. There're no political reasons to explain Portugal running away with the win.

As for Brexit playing a part in the UK result, I just can't see anyone in Armenia thinking "Well I do so love the UK entry - but I shall never forgive them for Brexit." It makes much more sense that it's a personal attack on me.

59 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I have no qualms with the German entry - Titanium is a great song, who wouldn't want to rip it off?

My issue is that you and your fellow mainlanders decided en masse to not vote for the UK entry. From the public vote, only four countries gave us any points. One isn't in Europe (Australia); one is attached to us (Ireland); one used to be owned by us (Malta) and Spain chucked us a point out of pity.

So my question is simple: why do you all hate me?

I'm returning that question. Germany got Points by exactly one Country: Ireland. I am still wondering who the heck pressed a wrong button there. :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I second this! ^_^

Rock acts traditionally do badly. Lordi were the exception that proves the rule. 

41 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm returning that question. Germany got Points by exactly one Country: Ireland. I am still wondering who the heck pressed a wrong button there. :P

We all know Ireland is a bit...behind the times. Maybe they haven't heard Titanium yet, or any other modern dance music, and were astounded by the fresh new sound.

21 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I don't think you take it too seriously but you may be a bit delusional

I can't be delusional, I'm a bear.

16 minutes ago, natedammit said:

We all know Ireland is a bit...behind the times. Maybe they haven't heard Titanium yet, or any other modern dance music, and were astounded by the fresh new sound.

How bad do you think we are over here?? :laugh:

Just now, natedammit said:

I heard that Irish Star Wars fans have been getting very excited recently because The Phantom Menace is about to be released.

That's Bearland you're thinking of, Nate, but it's understandable, they sound very much alike. It's very easy to mishear something like that, specially with bear ears. I've heard that Bearland has just released the much anticipated "The Wizard of Oz"? :P

3 minutes ago, misssaigonaddict said:

Is it ok to be talking about Eurovision here on showmasters forum

Of course it is, this is the general chat section, so long as it's not offensive or breaks the forum rules you can discuss what you want.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...