Latest Comic Guest Announcement - JESSICA MARTIN

• Showmasters Admin

Latest Comic Guest Announcement - Jessica Martin

Jessica-_Martin-_LFCC-2017.jpg

Attending: Friday, Saturday & Sunday

Doctor Who, It Girl, Vertigo Quarterly, Elsie Harris Picture Palace, To End All Wars

Jessica Martin is a musical theatre and comedy actress also known to many of you as 'Mags' in the Seventh Doctor's DOCTOR WHO episode THE GREATEST SHOW IN THE GALAXY. However, this year she's here primarily in her new role of Comic and Graphic Novel creator, as she recently turned her storytelling skills to writing and illustrating comics. 

Her main themes are film history and stories with a strong female protagonist. Jessica’s first mini comic IT GIRL was based on the life of Clara Bow, and was selected as one of the “Ten Must Own Comics of 2013” by Broken Frontier Press, while VIVACITY was based on the life of Vivien Leigh. Her other work includes THE AUDITION for Vertigo / DC, ELSIE HARRIS PICTURE PALACE set in the Thirties film industry (and shortlisted for the 2015 Myriad Editions First Graphic Novel Prize), TO END ALL WARS for Soaring Penguin Press and TO ARMS, another World War One graphic anthology.

Her next work is LIFE DRAWING: A LIFE UNDER LIGHTS, a Graphic Novel Memoir through Unbound Press (https://unbound.com/books/life-drawing)

Jessica blogs regularly on her website at officialjessicamartin.com

• Like 2

I'm really surprised that no one else has commented on this thread about how wonderful a guest announcement this is, admittedly being a child of the eighties I grew up watching and enjoyed watching Spitting Image and its always nice to meet those wonderful people behind or indeed under those #Latex creations and for so long Jessicas name would be at the end of the credits on Spitting Image.

There was at one point I did watch doctor who and the most memorable moment was the end sequence where Jessica scared the bejeesus out of me LOLZ!

Finally, now, there is a wonderfully decent guest who will now see me want to attend to meet am really looking forward to this brilliant opportunity :)

• Like 1

I missed this announcement in the middle of all of the comic book announcements yesterday but this is a cool announcement. Will there be a charge for her autograph?

39 minutes ago, dvdrob13 said:

I missed this announcement in the middle of all of the comic book announcements yesterday but this is a cool announcement. Will there be a charge for her autograph?

As I understand it dvd, the comic guests don't usually charge, though occasionally there may be a charge for 1 or 2 of them.  Take some extra cash just in case but most will be free I think.

It was certainly free when I got the artists signature on my Aliens comic last year.

Edited by Raylenth

32 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

As I understand it dvd, the comic guests don't usually charge, though occasionally there may be a charge for 1 or 2 of them.  Take some extra cash just in case but most will be free I think.

It was certainly free when I got the artists signature on my Aliens comic last year.

thanks for the reply, much appreciated :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/05/2017 at 8:54 PM, KingRichard76 said:

I'm really surprised that no one else has commented on this thread about how wonderful a guest announcement this is, admittedly being a child of the eighties I grew up watching and enjoyed watching Spitting Image and its always nice to meet those wonderful people behind or indeed under those #Latex creations and for so long Jessicas name would be at the end of the credits on Spitting Image.

There was at one point I did watch doctor who and the most memorable moment was the end sequence where Jessica scared the bejeesus out of me LOLZ!

Finally, now, there is a wonderfully decent guest who will now see me want to attend to meet am really looking forward to this brilliant opportunity :)

I agree and thought she was great in Dr who and do you or anyone remember her in copycats and Bobby davro on the box? Ah the 80s wonderful decade and so much easier and better then I remember getting a spectrum 128k for the first time and thinking this is state of the art but hey thats one thing better now technology has advanced way more! Anyway i digress back to Jessica i will get her to sign some Dr who memorabilia and hopefully get a photo as i would think there won't be a charge :huh:

On 2017-5-10 at 7:29 AM, mpharris said:

This is purely guess work but it wouldn't surprise me if she was signing comics free but charging for other stuff.

So from what your saying if i had a comic she would sign that free but if i were to take some Dr who memorabilia i might be charged for her sign it? I hope not but if i get a photo with her on my phone that shouldn't be a prob should it? :huh:

6 hours ago, GrootsBrother said:

So from what your saying if i had a comic she would sign that free but if i were to take some Dr who memorabilia i might be charged for her sign it? I hope not but if i get a photo with her on my phone that shouldn't be a prob should it? :huh:

She's mainly there as a Comic Artist. So yes, if you appear with a cart full of Doctor Who items there may be a Charge. Sorry if this sounds weird, but we had People actually doing this.

For the Comic guests photos at the table are totally at their discretion as far as I know.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

She's mainly there as a Comic Artist. So yes, if you appear with a cart full of Doctor Who items there may be a Charge. Sorry if this sounds weird, but we had People actually doing this.

For the Comic guests photos at the table are totally at their discretion as far as I know.

Thanks qs for the heads up as might only take one or two things to be signed and will ask her bout a photo!