Its nearly that time...

LOO

I have never been to one of these events before. I have a diamond pass to see Michael Shanks is there any prep I need to do beforehand? Do I have to pre order autographs? Will I know when the photoshoots are? What happens during a photoshoot? Lots of questions but I havent got a clue...glad I'm able to make it after all 

Edited by LOO
Additional text

The best prep you can do is start making a list of things to do between now and then and things to take with you.  Start the list now and add to it every time you think of something new.  Then, a week to ten days before the event, start working through the list.

For example, off the top of my head, my list would be:

Camera, make sure all three battery packs are charged; Phone, make sure the phone power pack is charged; Cash, do NOT rely on cash machines at the venue; Items to get signed, some DVD covers but otherwise I'm relying on the pics provided by Showmasters; Props for photoshoots, some action figures and a prop replica; Photoshoot timetable, up on the forum about a week before the event, I'll print it out and highlight the ones that apply to me.

etc.

As for your other questions:

No, you don't need to pre-order autographs, in fact you can't pre-order them you can only get them at the event.

The photoshoot timetable will, as previously mentioned, be published on the forum a week before the event.

All that happens in a photoshoot is that you join the queue when your batch number is called, when you get to the front of the queue you smile, shake hands, pose for a photo, off you go, wait a minute, pick up your photo, leave.  :-)

Thanks so much for your info thats great stuff and very helpful! One last question Ive got the standard pass 10am for Sunday and am a bit worried I'll miss the photoshoot should I change this? Can you change it? Sorry forgotten all the times that were given...

Edited by LOO
Additional text

4 times out of 5, the only photoshoots that are scheduled for before the Standard Entry time are ones that have a second photoshoot later in the day.

If you have a photoshoot at 10 or just after and there is no later shoot, print out your ticket and when it gets to 9:58 you can try waving it at people manning the doors and give them your most charming smile.  They might squeeze you into the event bang on 10 if they can.

• Like 1

If early entry are still available you can always upgrade your entry ticket later if you wish.  I don't think there's a reason to worry though, as Stenun says they usually do a second shoot later if the first takes place before general entry.

• Like 1

Also I wouldn't expect the shoots to start at 9am as it's too early, they know people are going to want to get in and get their VQ tickets first and they will want the shoot queue to form so everyone is ready to go when the guest arrives rather than waste time getting him there for 9 and waiting for us all to turn up.  I wouldn't expect the shoots to start until 9.30 like at LFCC but don't take that as guaranteed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK - a quick question, could someone confirm the general entry and the early entry admission times?

I have purchased an early entry ticket but I'm concerned by the time I arrive, which is just after 10am the VQ tickets will be high / general entry would have begun.

Thanks

1 minute ago, eightieskid83 said:

OK - a quick question, could someone confirm the general entry and the early entry admission times?

I have purchased an early entry ticket but I'm concerned by the time I arrive, which is just after 10am the VQ tickets will be high / general entry would have begun.

Thanks

This information is available on the ticket page eighties ;) Early is 9am and standard is 11am.  If you are arriving at 10 go to the front and they will let you through.  Yes you will be at the back of the line for the VQ's for the early entries as you will be last in, but you will be before standard entry.  Unfortunately if that's the earliest you can get there, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

This information is available on the ticket page eighties ;) Early is 9am and standard is 11am.  If you are arriving at 10 go to the front and they will let you through.  Yes you will be at the back of the line for the VQ's for the early entries as you will be last in, but you will be before standard entry.  Unfortunately if that's the earliest you can get there, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

Hi Raylenth - thanks, I thought as much; I was just reading a post and it confused me :lol: