Questions about the new forum

Starbug

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Hi Queen, I know you guys have been working hard on sorting this all out, and thank you for that.  I do appreciate you all have your own jobs and lives! I just wanted to remind about 1 issue that's outstanding - the 'like' info.  It's still coming through unidentified and just says a 'person' liked a post.

Hasn't been forgotten about, still being queried.

• Like 1

Baby steps, I'm learning how to use this, kind of figured out most, not a fan so far but I guess it's just a matter of getting use to it.... 

Sure de thing is contrary to some of you I still can't find how to turn on signatures again

2 minutes ago, mrvega said:

Baby steps, I'm learning how to use this, kind of figured out most, not a fan so far but I guess it's just a matter of getting use to it.... 

Sure de thing is contrary to some of you I still can't find how to turn on signatures again

Signatures should just be on, you don't have to do anything. I can see yours.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Signatures should just be on, you don't have to do anything. I can see yours.

Yeeesssssss, I can see it too and I even found where to update it on my profile, I can now go back to anxiously wait for tonight's announcements

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, spengler said:

Still not getting notifications. Lfcc is listed under account, manage followed content (under content type,forums).

Any ideas please?

Do you have the relevant notifications switched on in the 'notifications settings' window?

3 minutes ago, etmuse said:

Do you have the relevant notifications switched on in the 'notifications settings' window?

Has pic of the bell with immediate notification.

Above that it has pic of clock and Tuesday at 3.18pm next to it. 

2 minutes ago, spengler said:

Has pic of the bell with immediate notification.

Above that it has pic of clock and Tuesday at 3.18pm next to it. 

Go to Account Settings - Notification Settings and scroll down. There are a load of toggle switches where you can switch on either local notifications or emails for when certain things happen

Edited by Wrong Name

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

Go to Account Settings - Notification Settings and scroll down. There are a load of toggle switches where you can switch on either local notifications or emails for when certain things happen

Yes its selected for notification for when new content is posted (for what i follow)

1 minute ago, spengler said:

Yes its selected for notification for when new content is posted (for what i follow)

Are you trying just a notification or email?

1 minute ago, Tony1975 said:

Still can't see names of who likes your post?

The mods have said this is still being worked on.

18 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Are you trying just a notification or email?

Maybe its just notification. Only seems to be option for email at end of day or such. I'm trying to set it to instant email when new post, like with the old site.

4 minutes ago, spengler said:

Maybe its just notification. Only seems to be option for email at end of day or such. I'm trying to set it to instant email when new post, like with the old site.

Scroll down on that page and you will see some switches that look like this (along with some more that aren't pictured:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-04%20at%2015.10.

In the General section, make sure the 'New content for things I follow' switch has the green tick in the email column. If it's already ticked, then you might need to check you've entered your email address correctly.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Scroll down on that page and you will see some switches that look like this (along with some more that aren't pictured:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-04%20at%2015.10.

In the General section, make sure the 'New content for things I follow' switch has the green tick in the email column. If it's already ticked, then you might need to check you've entered your email address correctly.

That looks like it. It wasn't green for email for new content i follow. Thanks etmuse and WN. I shall await a new posting to see if it works!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Knitty Fred said:

Maybe it's me missing things but the previous setting of "email me new topics" (or equivalent naming) seems to have disappeared?

See everything I've been saying to spengler above! You need to switch on the 'New content for things I follow' email setting in the notifications settings, and make sure you're following the forum/thread you want the emails from.

Edited by Wrong Name

10 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

See everything I've been saying to spengler above! You need to switch on the 'New content for things I follow' email setting in the notifications settings, and make sure you're following the forum/thread you want the emails from.

See for me it's only the new topic threads I'm after as what I'm getting at the moment is all posts. So, for example, with this thread rather than just getting #1 (which is what we had previously and what I'm after), I'm e-mailed 1-100. Checked my setting too :-)

ETA: Actually I may just have rectified it myself will keep you posted!

Edited by Knitty Fred

2 minutes ago, Knitty Fred said:

See for me it's only the new topic threads I'm after as what I'm getting at the moment is all posts. So, for example, with this thread rather than just getting #1 (which is what we had previously and what I'm after), I'm e-mailed 1-100. Checked my setting too :-)

ETA: Actually I may just have rectified it myself will keep you posted!

You need to make sure that it's only the 'New content for things I follow' that is set to email. I have only that ticked and I'm only getting emails when new threads are crested, like on the old forum. Also in the top part of the notification setting you have it set to 'A notification when new content is posted'. Hope you've sorted it :)

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Green?! I've only seen blue (apart from pinned posts)

Oh for gods sake Wrong Name, now I'm going to have to wait ages to see another one again to double check the colour (I suspect you are right though as it was a bit more on the blue side of the spectrum so it's more than likely just my eyes)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

You need to make sure that it's only the 'New content for things I follow' that is set to email. I have only that ticked and I'm only getting emails when new threads are crested, like on the old forum. Also in the top part of the notification setting you have it set to 'A notification when new content is posted'. Hope you've sorted it :)

Note to self: remember to hit save after changing options - duh!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Oh for gods sake Wrong Name, now I'm going to have to wait ages to see another one again to double check the colour (I suspect you are right though as it was a bit more on the blue side of the spectrum so it's more than likely just my eyes)

You're not colorblind, there is green. Or we are both colorblind which I guess is a possibility too.

• Like 1